CEX - Bangalore

AtheK

Hi,

Today while in Phoenix City Mall i saw that CeX has openend up there showroom, you can sell and buy second hand games here. Along with the games, you can trade or sel mobiles, blu rays DVD's. While some of deals were good, some were plain pathetic. Worth a look if you are in bangalore and if you have some stuff that you want to sell.

weblink: http://in.webuy.com/

Hi,

Today while in Phoenix City Mall i saw that CeX has openend up there showroom, you can sell and buy second hand games here. Along with the games, you can trade or sel mobiles, blu rays DVD's. While some of deals were good, some were plain pathetic. Worth a look if you are in bangalore and if you have some stuff that you want to sell.

Been there close to when it was opened. Remember it as a "place that sells used stuff for retail prices"

But nice collection they have

Hi,

I was there today too :) , bought the Transformers DVD steelbook (posted in WYBTW thread :D ). Some of the deals on games are really bad while others are fairly decent.

They have a pretty good collection of TV series as well.

And good to know they've finally got a dedicated website for India. They were telling today that they may soon start home pickup/delivery of goods. That'd be a relief as it is not exactly close by. They also have branches in Mumbai and Pune.

The name :rofl: Ohhhhh the name :rofl:

Cex :lol: couldn't they keep something like fuk ?

Your dreams have come true, Sacky. Looks like these guys have a really perverted guy managing PR.

can i sell it online ?

Its too far from my place..

Presently you'll have to visit the mall in person. Also remember that they'll give you two options : either take a Cex coupon of 75% of game value else take 66% as cash. But they have a very small cash limit that usually gets over by noon and they keep insisting you go for the coupon option (and that coupon is redeemable only at their store).

But they have a few decent deals on mobiles and it's a great place for trading in one game for another as the value generally works out well.

• 10 months later...

Presently you'll have to visit the mall in person. Also remember that they'll give you two options : either take a Cex coupon of 75% of game value else take 66% as cash. But they have a very small cash limit that usually gets over by noon and they keep insisting you go for the coupon option (and that coupon is redeemable only at their store).

But they have a few decent deals on mobiles and it's a great place for trading in one game for another as the value generally works out well.

Any idea how they will calculate the 'game value' ????

Going to whitefield this Sunday.. planning to sell something ..

-Jainy

Any idea how they will calculate the 'game value' ????

Going to whitefield this Sunday.. planning to sell something ..

-Jainy

They have fixed price for buying/selling or giving CeX vouchers in exchange

http://in.webuy.com/

look up your item on their website the amount will be mentioned on the product page

• 6 months later...

I find they sell price on games really ridiculous. For example, they have priced the new Tomb Raider at Rs 3800, while the MRP is 2499. I asked them why its priced over MRP and they say there are people willing to exchange games and pick the game at that price. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to fall for that. Anyways, I just use them to sell my games. I find better deals here in case I want to buy something.

I find they sell price on games really ridiculous. For example, they have priced the new Tomb Raider at Rs 3800, while the MRP is 2499. I asked them why its priced over MRP and they say there are people willing to exchange games and pick the game at that price. I don't think anyone is stupid enough to fall for that. Anyways, I just use them to sell my games. I find better deals here in case I want to buy something.

true some games i saw there in kurla mumbai store had way over priced rates . dead space 3 and black ops 2 were 3500 and 4000 plus respectively

I was at the Bangalore branch at Phoenix mall,lol gow ascension was for 3800 or something,

And it seems they have taken some sort of rights to keep a higher MRP somehow :ko: I was wondering how?

Archived