Piper's giveaway #2 : Saints Row 3 !

piper

Giveaway:

- Saints Row the Third (PC).

saintsrow3contest.jpg

As decided by you all in the previous poll, this is my next giveaway.

Update (17/12) : Winner has requested the game be changed because his rig can't handle this one. Giving him COD4:MW (PC) sealed copy instead.

Cut off time for entries :

- December 17, 2011 - 2:00pm (Saturday afternoon)

Format:

- To be eligible, you must make a post in this thread with your opinion on the point below :

- How do the Saints Row games compare with GTA series? Give your take on this.

- You may use sketches/graphics to illustrate your point (similar to Mizan's entry in a recent giveaway).

- There is no word limit.

- Your entry must begin with the words "MY ENTRY"

- Please DO NOT edit it your entry. Edited posts will be disqualified.

- Everyone is invited to rep the entries and provide comments.

- After the cut off time I will judge based on the following criteria :

* Content of your post

* Rep count

* Other members' comments on your post.

- My decision shall be final so please don't raise any issues on the thread. You are welcome to PM me and threaten my games collection, though :P .

- Entries in this thread must commence only after 8:00am today (Friday, 16th).

Who can Participate:

Members who comply with ANY of the following criteria are eligible to participate:

• Registered before July 01, 2011
  • Minimum 100 Posts to his credit (Active Post records will also be accounted)
  • Minimum 25 Reps
  • Minimum 10 Positive TP feedback (Should not have even a single Negative or neutral feedback)
  • A good human being :D

Winner:

:band:Blueelvis_RoXXX :first:

(Announced on Saturday, 17th Dec 2011, 8pm)

Rules:

- Reps are most welcome!

- Entry has to be made in this thread, no PM's allowed for that purpose.

- Editing of entry post amounts to disqualification.

- Smilies-only post invalid.

- If you have any concerns with the rules, please raise it to me via PM ASAP and not after the winner is declared.

- The winner is prohibited to sell/Trade the giveaway here on IVG. Please honour the festive spirit!

- Making fun of my elegant handwriting is disallowed :P

- Repping me is allowed and encouraged as well :exoticdance:

Shipment:

- Shipment will be done next week.

- Winner may PM me his/her address

Note & disclaimer :

Special thanks to Dribbler coz I copied the rules and format from your threads. Respect :arigato: .

It is a sealed game and I haven't played it either but I hope the winner does and enjoys it!

:good: A good human being is eligible..so anyone can take part :unsure: new members too?

EDIT: Nothing aginst u. but one can get easily some articles spreaded on net. so it will mostly copy pasted :mellow:

Coz i just now searched it on google.. and there u go fully detailed articles are provided to it..upto date.. :P

Guys, just go Bazinga! and let me know how you feel on the topic of SR vs. GTA. How they are better, how they are worse. Your opinions matter. If you've actually played games from each series you will definitely have tons to say.

If you copy paste articles, you are cheating yourselves and other members will most probably catch you :P

@Sarath : And no word limit means a single word entry and a 1000 word entry are the same. And of course, you can be creative and make a graphical representation of your opinion.

@Sagar : Yes anybody is eligible, who am I to discriminate :notangel:

Guys, just go Bazinga! and let me know how you feel on the topic of SR vs. GTA. How they are better, how they are worse. Your opinions matter. If you've actually played games from each series you will definitely have tons to say.

If you copy paste articles, you are cheating yourselves and other members will most probably catch you :P

@Sarath : And no word limit means a single word entry and a 1000 word entry are the same. And of course, you can be creative and make a graphical representation of your opinion.

@Sagar : Yes anybody is eligible, who am I to discriminate :notangel:

hv played just 1 SR game before.. time for some youtube videos..and articles time :fear:

I am on mobile so excuse my auto-correct and stuff.

If I have to choose between GTA and SR, it would be GTA any day, except on the days when I feel spewing garbage and flinging poop can be fun gameplay. And the days when I am pimping my character, I may even take the theme of day to the next level and start redecorating my barbie-doll house.

To me, SR comes as a series, which remain hooked onto the GTASA cool-aid for too long time.

We all liked SA but we moved on and liked the story-heavy GTA4. But SR...

it lacks character. It lacks the polish, story, appeal... the works.

Volition have long long way to go before they can fart in the same room with R*. Till then watch that dil you are swinging, make sure you don't hit any queen with that.

Folks, it is 8am which means you can start providing your entries. I see a couple of posts above which have been posted really early (before 8am) and do not contain the "MY ENTRY" prefix.

Please read the rules, they are very basic outlines. And post your opinions!

"MY ENTRY"

Winners dont do different things, they do things differently.

This cliche is enough to describe the behemoth that is the Grand theft Auto series. The base gameplay captures basic shooting and driving, yet the living breathing world that engulfs it makes the joy unparalled. Add to that an oscar level story and voice acting. it leaves you with a stellar masterpiece, compared to the saints row series where the high point of the game's storry telling is a swingling phallus in the face both literally and metaphorically, you know where your priorities lie. dont get me wrong, saints row is a good game to play but its juvenile entertainment at best, i know some people may get their kicks from it but i need more stuff to blow my skirt up. GTA offers me that realism, the characters who i care for, the story that can bring a tear to my eye, the pop culture fixxation that gives me a hearty laugh. It puts a mirror at the real world and makes us question our motives, our day to day happenings and then impregnates our souls with such awesome that cant be aborted. Saints row on the other hand allows u to fart in a jar :|

SR has neat ideas but it has a long way to go before it can match up, or even think of matching up to GTA.

Archived