Jump to content

Kojima’s next game is open-world


Recommended Posts

Hideo Kojima’s next game, internally codenamed Project Ogre, is open-world, according to a recent interview with CNN.

 

“The kind of game I’m making is some game that has a very wide entrance, a very open entrance,” Kojima said. “Rather than making something very cinematic, [i plan to] make something very free.”

 

Kojima described the game as being set in a ‘very open world’ where players ‘can wander and explore freely.’ Even after 100 hours, Kojima said, players should still be able to find new sights and adventures.

 

Screenshot Of Project Ogre

 

kojimaprojectogre_59699_embed.jpg

 

Source : Gematsu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:sleep:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

However; "The kind of game I’m making is some game that has a very wide entrance, a very open entrance" :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is This For Real ?

 

 

Cant Believe Someone posted the wrong screenshot and no one pointed out.

 

Its a screenshot from his engine tech demo.

 

Its not related to the game.

 

These are the two screenshots, he posted.

 

23n2j.jpg

agxxoxncmaai2y1.jpglapqoj7.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kojima working on an open-world game

 

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot

Posted Dec 22, 2011 1:56 am SST

More Deatils on Project Ogre

 

Metal Gear creator gives a clue to the structure of his upcoming Fox Engine-driven Project Ogre, wants to give players reasons to play for as long as 100 hours.

 

Hideo Kojima pioneered the stealth-action subgenre with his Metal Gear series of games, but the developer is ready to try something new. In an interview with CNN last week, Kojima confirmed that his upcoming project, currently known as Project Ogre, would trade in the confining corridors of Metal Gear for an open-world structure.

 

A glimpse of Project Ogre.

 

"The kind of game I'm making is some game that has a very wide entrance, a very open entrance," Kojima told CNN. "Rather than making something very cinematic, [i plan to] make something very free."

 

According to the report, Kojima said players would be able to explore the game's world freely. He also wants to give them plenty of reason for those explorations, saying gamers should still be able to find new things to keep them playing Project Ogre even 100 hours into the game.

 

Kojima first talked about Project Ogre at the Electronic Entertainment Expo earlier this year. At the time, he said the team was still in the planning phase, experimenting with ideas and conducting research. Since then, Kojima has also talked about plans for a Metal Gear Solid 5, as well as his desire to do another Zone of Enders game. He is also serving as executive producer for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, although that title is being developed by Platinum Games rather than Kojima Productions.

 

Source : GameSpot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...