Crysis On PS3 To Be Whole New Game Compared To PC

Crysis On PS3 To Be Whole New Game Compared To PC

Boston (dbTechno) - According to the latest issue of PSW, Crysis on the PS3 will be a whole new game compared to the PC version of the hit first-person-shooter.

It has been virtually confirmed at this point that Crysis will be making its way to the Sony PS3 console.

According to the magazine, Crysis will be released on the PS3 this year, with our sources stating a November release is most likely.

Crytek has been hard at work on the game now for many months.

The PS3 version will not be a straight conversion from the PC game though.

The magazine stated that Crysis on the PS3 will be a 50% new game.

Many of the environments, weapons, and enemies from the sequel to Crysis will be featured in the PS3 version.

They are clearly setting Crysis up to be one of the biggest games of the year on the next-gen PS3 console, and it will not be a straight port apparently.

Source: http://www.dbtechno.com/gaming/2008/03/02/...compared-to-pc/

dude believe me it wont look good on ps3 i have played on my friends pc with 8800 gt sli still i coudnt play at very end resolution right now there is no graphics card that supports crysis at very high end resolution i think ps3 gpu is a year old and less powerfull when compare to 8800gt even if it is releasing in ps3 we can play only in mid resolution

It won't be the same visually. The engine will be modified to suit the PS3's capabilities. Which doesn't necessarily mean it won't look good. Take a look at Uncharted.

^^ Its more a case of optimization for the specific platform than applying a general rule of thumb to the power of the platform. Dont forget, consoles have far less processing overhead than PCs, (and I believe the PS3 has less overheads than the X360, thanks to the lack of in-game XMB). So it could look very close to HIGH on consoles whereas even a mid to high end PC will struggle with the engine.

^^ Its more a case of optimization for the specific platform than applying a general rule of thumb to the power of the platform. Dont forget, consoles have far less processing overhead than PCs, (and I believe the PS3 has less overheads than the X360, thanks to the lack of in-game XMB). So it could look very close to HIGH on consoles whereas even a mid to high end PC will struggle with the engine.

may be what u r saying is right but crytek didnt mention crysis releasing in consoles they said only of making crytek engine 2 on consoles (not just ps3 )

, (and I believe the PS3 has less overheads than the X360, thanks to the lack of in-game XMB).

Not quite. Currently, as of SDK 1.60, the PS3 operating system takes up 52 MB of main memory and 32 MB of graphics memory (84 MB total).

Even during a game ?? Wont it cache some part of the OS footprint to the HDD when starting a game ?

Even so, it seems to me that the in-game dashboard functionality on the X360 takes up a lot more processor time than the PS3's basic in-game menu.

any word if v'll b able to c it on the 360??

The 360 already has a decent number of good shooters and there are plenty more to come. Also, Crysis isn't exactly a breakthrough title (in terms of gameplay/plot).

Archived