Gaming Laptop

Nemo

But wouldn't 40k be low for a gaming desktop

Its good enough. A 40k desktop can be two times more better than your laptop for gaming. Mine is 45k (38k + Windows 7), and I can max out almost all games on 1080p at 40-50 fps, most run at 60 fps. Only Crysis 2 on DX 11, HD Texture pack and Ultra settings drops to 25-30 fps in heavy action. I have to play it on 1366x768 to get 40+ fps.

Skyrim on Ultra rarely drops below 45 fps, same with Witcher 2. AC Revelations gives 60 fps at 1080p.

And yeah, hostel/shared accommodation was the reason why I got a laptop instead of a desktop 3 years back. People at shared places will use your desktop when you are not there, and n00bs have no idea how to handle a desktop properly. Laptop means you can just shut it off and lock it up or carry with you when you are returning home for a vacation etc, without worrying about your room mates making it go through hell.

And yeah, hostel/shared accommodation was the reason why I got a laptop instead of a desktop 3 years back. People at shared places will use your desktop when you are not there, and n00bs have no idea how to handle a desktop properly. Laptop means you can just shut it off and lock it up or carry with you when you are returning home for a vacation etc, without worrying about your room mates making it go through hell.

I dont share my accomodations with any one, but then again you can get a desktop and put it under password protection and deny additional user access :console:

I dont share my accomodations with any one, but then again you can get a desktop and put it under password protection and deny additional user access :console:

Lol .. It's not that easy

Your room mates or other hostelites will f**k the sh*t off

And plus you will keep on going home during vacations ..

U can't carry desktop with you everytime :P

Lol .. It's not that easy

Your room mates or other hostelites will f**k the sh*t off

And plus you will keep on going home during vacations ..

U can't carry desktop with you everytime :P

I wouldnt know about how the room mates f**k sh*t up, I live in a co-ed hostel :naughty: without roomates, :smokey:

Besides, if you stay in a hostel, you wont head back home every weekend :P

I dont share my accomodations with any one, but then again you can get a desktop and put it under password protection and deny additional user access

That would mean I will directly let them know that I wont trust them, and it will not be a good thing.

Archived