Jokes and Funny Stuff Thread

Chaztin

if people are going to name 7-8 years purana game as their best work ....confirms that actually Ubisoft has not made any good big budget game for all these years.

7 8 years ago doesn't mean those games didn't have big budget at that time..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Syndicate, Black Flag, Gunslinger, Blood Dragon, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Valiant Hearts, Crew, South Park, Rayman Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, etc, were released in last 3 years.

And if I had to pick between Witcher 3 (because context) and above games, I'd happily go with above ones.

Just because their new games are dumbed down and targetted towards teen audience doesn't mean they are bad developers. They have a lot of IPs to take care; not just ONE.

• Like 2

if people are going to name 7-8 years purana game as their best work ....confirms that actually Ubisoft has not made any good big budget game for all these years.

What about Farcry series, particularly, 3 & 4 ? I personally loved both and I do remember seeing rather positive impressions on both from most members here

• Like 1

Syndicate, Black Flag, Gunslinger, Blood Dragon, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Valiant Hearts, Crew, South Park, Rayman Legends, Rainbow Six Siege, etc, were released in last 3 years.

And if I had to pick between Witcher 3 (because context) and above games, I'd happily go with above ones.

Just because their new games are dumbed down and targetted towards teen audience doesn't mean they are bad developers. They have a lot of IPs to take care; not just ONE.

Dude..black flag is what ...900th game in Assassin series...it's not even worth mentioning imo...correct me if i am wrong blood dragon is DLC right....Valiant hearts is more of like indie game not the really big budget AAA game ... I am yet to play other games you mentioned... look i am not saying they are bad devs but their priority is f**ked up .....they keep bringing assassin game almost twice every year but where is POP, beyond good and evil 2...this is how they taking care of their IPs....just keeping releasing one that is printing money for them one after another no matter how stupid they are while completely forgetting other gems they have....as a game developer onus goes on them also to push creativity and story telling cant just keep running after money with stupid games.

What about Farcry series, particularly, 3 & 4 ? I personally loved both and I do remember seeing rather positive impressions on both from most members here

iirc even far cry 2 was quite a hit.....just because something is fun to play does not mean it is a really good game....games like POP sands of time ...Assassin creed 2...beyond good and evil was a masterpiece have you seen anything like them again ....not saying others are bad games but its not where in that level as above games..

Dude..black flag is what ...900th game in Assassin series...it's not even worth mentioning imo...correct me if i am wrong blood dragon is DLC right....Valiant hearts is more of like indie game not the really big budget AAA game ... I am yet to play other games you mentioned... look i am not saying they are bad devs but their priority is f**ked up .....they keep bringing assassin game almost twice every year but where is POP, beyond good and evil 2...this is how they taking care of their IPs....just keeping releasing one that is printing money for them one after another no matter how stupid they are while completely forgetting other gems they have....as a game developer onus goes on them also to push creativity and story telling cant just keep running after money with stupid games.

iirc even far cry 2 was quite a hit.....just because something is fun to play does not mean it is a really good game....games like POP sands of time ...Assassin creed 2...beyond good and evil was a masterpiece have you seen anything like them again ....not saying others are bad games but its not where in that level as above games..

Not 900th but it was a very solid game.. Thoroughly enjoyed it..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Black Flag was one the BEST game and 2nd to 3rd best Assassin's Creed game. Some even put it first. It was new and refreshing. Wake me up when someone makes a good pirate game like that.

Blood Dragon was a new game as well. Not a DLC. Sure it was small but very cool.

Valiant Hearts, yes, small title, but a good one.

I am yet to play other games you mentioned..

You should definitely play those games. Really good.

. look i am not saying they are bad devs but their priority is f**ked up .....they keep bringing assassin game almost twice every year but where is POP, beyond good and evil 2..

Assassin's Creed sells. It makes the company run on its own. Second, they have stopped releasing Assassin's Creed game every year now.

As much I love Prince of Persia, it simply won't sell now. You can look at Mirror's Edge or Most Wanted for example. Everyone loves it, but when Catalyst came out, it was considered average at best. Old formulas simply don't work anymore.

As per Beyond Good & Evil 2 - they are making a progress. Ubisoft even confirmed it. Mostly we will see at E3 2017.

this is how they taking care of their IPs....just keeping releasing one that is printing money for them one after another no matter how stupid they are while completely forgetting other gems they have....as a game developer onus goes on them also to push creativity and story telling cant just keep running after money with stupid games.

When you make something amazing and it runs the company, you automatically rely on it to progress. It's not just them, but every company does it. Some take a lot of time as they have a different business approach or different IPs to take care of every season.

EA started Battlefront and Titanfall so that they can release a shooter every year instead of releasing Battlefield every year (which they did actually).
Activision does with Call of Duty.
Ubisoft does with Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. Their only 2 selling IP now. Splinter Cell and other games are fantastic too, but they don't sell enough. These two target bigger audience.

However, at least Ubisoft takes some risk and releases new IPs/games over time. We got Division, Seige, Steep, Crew, South Park (Yes, Obsidian, but Ubisoft published it and making the second one).

At end of the day, it's business as well; not just gaming. Running a company for more than 3 decades is no joke with hostile trying to take over.