Jokes and Funny Stuff Thread

Chaztin

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

So according to your experience from the industry, is being fair considered beautiful by majority of the people?

Yes. Even if the product is not marketed for fairness, I know that many products are used for it. 

Most decent aesthetic/FMCG companies don't even promote fairness or lightness anymore - it's a taboo where I work - and we proud ourselves in really representing all skin types (including all communication materials), but the end user does use many products for fairness (which is a by product of some devices, or target for some drugs like glutathione). 

Of course, can't speak for smaller operators and companies since majority would do anything to make a sale. 

Edit: There's of course a growing number of people who don't want to change skin color, so tides are changing, slowly 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What's the big deal ? Are you stigmatizing plastic surgery or cosmetic procedures ? 

My position is somewhere between "be happy in your own skin"

and "ppl should have total control over their bodies".

Mrs Phadnanis has all rights to do whatever the hell she wants to do look something that she considers beautiful but may be and just may be she did only to settle her insecurities about looking "ordinary" when the man she married become most powerful person in Maharashtra overnight.

But I think she overdid. 

1 hour ago, Right said:

My position is somewhere between "be happy in your own skin"

and "ppl should have total control over their bodies".

Mrs Phadnanis has all rights to do whatever the hell she wants to do look something that she considers beautiful but may be and just may be she did only to settle her insecurities about looking "ordinary" when the man she married become most powerful person in Maharashtra overnight.

But I think she overdid. 

If settling your insecurities without harming anyone makes you confident, what's wrong ? People go to much more lengths to feel comfortable under their skin. 

Really nothing wrong with it. Why should we be judging as long as she is happy with it ?

The psychosocial impact of aesthetic improvement is MASSIVE. Proven through multiple research. Infact you find impact on almost every scenario of life, including economic, perception by self, perception by others etc. There are multiple studies using validated questionnaires which substantiate this (and questionnaires need around a million USD or more just to get validated for trial use). 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

Me on 1st January after all my new year resolutions in my head.

Baba Ramdev vibes. But f**king insane how he's roaming around North India with just 1 warmer. It's 2 degrees in the Sun right now. 

• Haha 1