The "It's free!" thread

13 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Perhaps that is the case, though I for one don't see why they'd just give it for free, now that these streaming companies are slowly choking their business. Anyway if you do it get it for free, do tell. 

Honestly though, we dont really watch Tata Sky and have two STBs connected to 2 TVs. Now one TV has HDMI issues so I'm just gonna cancel my subscription entirely. Amazon Prime as it is I get for cheap via student offer

Tata sky is essential for us as we don't have a wifi/internet connection other than mobile data.

And there's plenty of golden stuff recorded which can't be accessed unless recharged (bullshit rule), and yes, it includes that movie as well before anyone mentions it.

Edited by GunnerY2J

15 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

If you're getting amazon fire tv for free then damn its a good deal

Yes, let's see.

Will confrim again when they come.

Already have asked and called again to reconfirm from the person calling.

They can even take it back after 3 months, the 3 month free subscription is still worth it. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, let's see.

Will confrim again when they come.

Already have asked and called again to reconfirm from the person calling.

They can even take it back after 3 months, the 3 month free subscription is still worth it. 

Be careful with tata sky and the likes. They simply debit your recharge balance. 

16 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Be careful with tata sky and the likes. They simply debit your recharge balance. 

Yes, I would definitely re confirm again tomorrow as well in phone and with whoever comes.

High probability that this particular calling executive isn't well informed.

I liked the deal last time as well (with the 100 rs binge subscription) and was ready to take it but they weren't giving to people who didn't have a WiFi at home the last time.

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Wait, how are you planning to use firestick without WiFi? :blink:

By WiFi do you mean broadband or a phone with hotspot capability?

I dont have a broadband and watch netflix and amazon stuff daily. 

In my experience a 4 gb net per day takes care of my work and ott needs easily. 

Easily watch 5 to 6 hours of stuff everyday and i no longer recharge my tata sky. Just that streaming quality is set to lowest on Netflix and Prime.

Sorry, I just assumed its not possible without a home wifi network. Just completely missed that people use hotspots via their phone. 

Still thats an irritating process, setting up hotspot to access the internet. And my connection is pretty good, I for one cannot survive on mobile data, and using hotpots to access the internet on other devices every time, even more so for online gaming and streaming. I prefer watching at the highest possible quality, and at least for youtube I watch exclusively on my TV to watch in 2160p. 

Installed.

Tata sky/amazon fire stick free with

Disney,hotstar,Hungama etc for 1 month free - would call and cancel within a month.

And amazon prime  free for 3 months - would call and cancel after 89 days.

No balance deducted so far from anything.

And would cancel before the respective periods which I have been told I can after asking 3 times again.

Edited by GunnerY2J

9 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Installed.

Disney,hotstar,Hungama etc for 1 month free - would call and cancel within a month.

And would cancel before the respective periods which I have been told I can after asking 3 times again.

Isn't 1.5 gb per day too less to enjoy any of this?

4 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Isn't 1.5 gb per day too less to enjoy any of this?

Yes, next time when pack expires would take a pack with 2 GB per day instead of 1.5.

2gb is enough, 2 hours a day enough.

Slightly excited though, plenty of stuff to watch.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Yes, next time when pack expires would take a pack with 2 GB per day instead of 1.5.

2gb is enough, 2 hours a day enough.
Slightly excited though, plenty of stuff to watch.

Nice. Enjoy [emoji1360]

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Installed.

Have they anywhere written it's free fire stick youll need to return fire stick or else keep paying 249/- per month