Sony patents game pausing ads

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sony Computer Entertainment America has filed a patent for in-game advertising that pauses play.

Invented by Gary M Zalewski and filed last July, the patented system is designed to suspend "playing of the interactive content," display an advert and then resume the game again. Players will get a warning that their game is about to stop.

Source!

This could really lower the costs of the games. What do you say guys?

How about having a Battlefield 3 advert in a COD game? :lol:

Me in the middle of a nice killstreak...

lol. aur koi ad nhi mila NIRMA ke alaawa?

:roflroll:

Makes the game cheaper? All optimists here I see :lol:

+1

but if it is like once everytime you start the game online and it makes the game cheaper, i won't mind it and basically there is chance that publishers will stop using ONLINE passes as they are getting the revenues from the ADverts only.

What you guys think?

but if it is like once everytime you start the game online and it makes the game cheaper, i won't mind it and basically there is chance that publishers will stop using ONLINE passes as they are getting the revenues from the ADverts only.

What you guys think?

Laalach buri bala hain, the company will think that it'll add to their benefits, so maybe like it'll pave the way for even offline pass.

If you have an offline game pass, you'll play the game the way it was meant to be played without interruptions.

But if you don't have an offline pass then they'll stop the gameplay every 15 minutes for 1 minute of in-game ad.

Maybe?

Laalach buri bala hain, the company will think that it'll add to their benefits, so maybe like it'll pave the way for even offline pass.

If you have an offline game pass, you'll play the game the way it was meant to be played without interruptions.

But if you don't have an offline pass then they'll stop the gameplay every 15 minutes for 1 minute of in-game ad.

Maybe?

true that, it is also possible. But i am fine with it like if it is a 1 min advert every one hour, as it will reduce strain also directly forcing us to turn around and drink some water. :P

moreover i dont think people care for a small one min advert if they pay less for a game.

Guys, Poll created. Everyone VOTE!

They can f**k right off with this sh*t. Pausing the gameplay so they can shove a Pepsi commercial down my throat is bullshit.

I dont mind ads on the dashboard. I dont even mind ingame posters and items for advertisement. But the moment you stop the gameplay to make me watch a commercial you have crossed the line. Screw the price cut, for that your game had better be free.

Although having said that I am sure playstation is on his way here to explain why this is a good thing. :giggle:

They can f**k right off with this sh*t. Pausing the gameplay so they can shove a Pepsi commercial down my throat is bullshit.

I dont mind ads on the dashboard. I dont even mind ingame posters and items for advertisement. But the moment you stop the gameplay to make me watch a commercial you have crossed the line. Screw the price cut, for that your game had better be free.

Although having said that I am sure playstation is on his way here to explain why this is a good thing. :giggle:

:lol:

afty true to his roots as usual!

but where on dashboard we will get the ads? :ko:

How about if they replace Theme with commercials. :P

It'll help when you're playing Demon's Souls.

Archived