New gaming cafe in mumbai...need help!

Hey Guys :clap3:

m planing to start a new gaming cafe in mumbai.....most probably in andheri east (near college) or powai side.....for the start m thinking of starting with 10pc's...if i will make good profit then will expand it....i have been researching n had a talk with 1-2 gaming cafes owner abt the planning...1 guy suggested me to set up only lan games coz for the internet connection its very difficult task to get license n more over it the police issues.....see guys m taking a big risk coz i will be only one to start a business in my family...i hav a budget of 5-6lakhs.....so need a good guidance.....there are few queries i hav

1. 1st of all pros n cons....is it a long term business? if m planning for opening chain in future

2. what all license i need to get for a lan games (no internet connection)

3. and if i want to get an internet connection for online gaming....how do i get one..m thinking if i will connect the pc's for only online games not for surfing(will block it)...will there be same issues of getting a license??

4. i will be organizing tournaments....discounts....memberships....any other suggestions u hav to attract people? what do u think wht things attracts people towards gaming cafe.

So Guys,

I Would Like To Hear All The Information Which You Can Share With Me...

Hoping A Good And Quick Response From You All... :cheers:

A ton of games can surelt attract gamers n will kepp trying other games and be there for a long time

Use a good logo and name which is attractive for gamers

well abt games m thinking of CS n dota for sure....then cod,assassin creed,crysis:warhead, battlefield3, unreal tournament...and ya i will be making a kool logo.website n fb page so that people can see updates...n check out whts new happening..like tournaments.events like tht :)....any other suggestions

If you are planning to to run the place only with PC's then you'll need LAN connection or you need high tech gaming PC's to attract customers...

Or you may invest more and start with consoles .. it's better choice and people prefer it more ..

There are LOTS of games that you can start with ... GTA, CS (PC), Fifa, Tennis ... are good choices...

Later on you can upgrade it with lot better ..

Just a piece of advice friend....

But do whatever your heart says..

:)

If u are going to buy a LAN gaming cafe, then get a large screen monitor atleast 22inch screen...good graphics card and good games!

I would suggest to get two 27inch monitor and one 3D monitor to attract crowd...U can keep higher rates...

Make sure these systems look cool with modding....glowing side panels...good looking stickers....this will help attract young kids ;)

And Good games is your main concern ... Big crowd will attract ...

The more games you provide .. more different people gonna come by ...

Then you can get high rates from them... :naughty:

Alright. Here is my advice.

In 5 Lakhs.

You can easily assemble 10 pcs, mid end, which will run CS, DOTA , etc on good rates.

And You can also install 3 LCD TVS with 2 PS3's and 1 XBOX 360.

And you can spend Rs. 50k on place make over.

@HeavenAngel52 - for the start m planing to put only lan games..if profit is gud then i will put console game...thx for ur suggestion

@Rohan S - ya m thinking of 22"monitor only...with led cabinets so it will look good...and ya arranging for stickers....thx for the suggestion man

@cK! - can u give me a detailed list how u r planning to assemble 10 pcs in 5lakhs....m thinking of buying razer headphone,keyboards n mouse

yaar m still searching for a good place...if u know any shop or gud place to open cafe then do share it

You can open in Galleria, Powai Plaza, Powai Vihar.

You can target the college going crowed here.

You can open in Galleria, Powai Plaza, Powai Vihar.

You can target the college going crowed here.

i have heard there are already 3-4 gaming cafe in powai....n they r already settled well....so m dropping the idea of opening in powai...m planing either andheri e or thakur village

Archived