Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Yup. At least that is what they have said. For now. 

That will be interesting. So much of Witcher's story depends on Geralt's own background. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Original game

1515098267158.png

Create your own char and pick up a class. 

Heavy Shadowrunner vibes. 

4 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

That will be interesting. So much of Witcher's story depends on Geralt's own background. 

Surprisingly little considering the games are not canon according to the author. But the general strains and leitmotifs of the narratives of the book are carried into the game.  

Some details:

• CD Projekt describes the game as a "first-person RPG."
  • Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene.
  • You play a character named V (as in the letter).
  • V can be a man or a woman.
  • The game features first-person driving.While driving, the U.I. appears diegetically on the windshield.
  • Damage numbers pop up during combat.
  • CD Projekt also described Cyberpunk as a "mature experience intended for mature audiences."
  • Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.
  • It's an open world that you open up more with "street cred." For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places.

Introducing Cyberpunk 2077 — the role-playing game of the dark future! CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, are proud to share the first official details about their upcoming title — Cyberpunk 2077.

V2U9xtn.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open world, narrative-driven role-playing game set in the universe of the classic pen & paper RPG system — Cyberpunk 2020.

TPXxDpD.jpg

The game follows the story of V — a hired gun on the rise in Night City, the most violent and dangerous metropolis of the corporate-ruled future. A robust character creator will allow players to choose V’s gender, visual appearance, character class, as well as historical background — all of which may influence the shape of the game.

ofIGPxe.jpg

With dozens of hours of main story arc quests, and many more of additional activities, there’s always something to see and do in Night City. Players will experience all of it entirely through V’s eyes, with an interactive dialogue system that gives them greater narrative agency.

tDccjQ7.jpg

0zDXgfN.jpg

ZwXorFR.jpg

Returning in Cyberpunk 2077 is CD PROJEKT RED’s hallmark of choices and consequences. As they make their way through the streets of Night City and its sky-scraping megabuildings, players will face difficult decisions that will ripple through the entire game."

___

You are V, a cyberpunk. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.

xUrtwJv.jpgUK8ZdUN.jpg

IGN

The biggest surprise is that the gameplay is almost entirely first-person. With a helluva lot of guns to fire and damage values popping up as your bullets hit enemies, the combat plays out more like Borderlands or Deus Ex than it does The Witcher 3. There are tons of abilities to use during combat, including bullet ricocheting and a bullet time slow down that came in handy quite a bit during the 45 minute demo I saw.

The shooting looks solid as well, though it’s always hard to tell without going hands on. Shotguns, pistols, and an enemy-seeking rifle all had kick and feedback to them that I maybe wasn’t expecting from the studio behind The Witcher. It seems slower than something like Borderlands, but definitely faster than Deus Ex, and using abilities in conjunction with your guns clearly seemed important.

And while we saw a bit of stealth, and I’m sure using the Mantis arm blades and a late game wall run ability will help facilitate that, our demo was mostly guns-blazing. One cool moment was when the player took out an enemy stealthily, then jacked directly into him to get a schematic of the base they were fighting through, hacking various systems to cause havoc.

Outside of the heat of battle, however, Cyberpunk’s RPG core shines bright and clear. You take quests, talk to NPCs with branching dialogue options, and explore an open world only limited by your “Street Cred” value -- which can be increased by doing jobs, or even by putting on sweet looking cloths, like a leather jacket that had a 5% increase to Street Cred in addition to other stats.

Player choice seems incredibly important to Cyberpunk

That scanning is important, because there appear to be four different types of damage in Cyberpunk 2077: Physical, Thermal, EMP, and Chemical. Scanning shows you what damage the enemy uses, as well as what they are weak or strong against.

Yes, you can drive in this game.

Having finally seen Cyberpunk 2077 in action, I’m more excited for it than ever.

Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely not just “Cyberpunk Witcher,” it’s something a whole lot more than that. The core of what I loved about The Witcher is clearly there, but in a wild and exciting new shell that stands as something wholly its own. Questions about how free its open world feels, the quality of it stories, and if the guns are actually good to shoot when they are in our own hands persists, but having finally seen Cyberpunk 2077 in action, I’m more excited for it than ever.

First person RPGs suck.  The involvement is just not there.  The games setting cries third person, why would they make it first person :-(

Also, driving sucks in fp camera as well.

Anyway, still gonna wait and watch, The cyberpunk setting is still alluring !

Press impression

VG247: Cyberpunk 2077: Banging, C-bombs and bullet-time

We sat down at E3 to witness 50 minutes of stunning gameplay. Jaws dropped at the ultraviolence. Eyeballs sprang out on stalks. Ears burned at the spicy language. And afterwards we jabbered out mouths off in excitement at what we’d just witness. Holy. Guacamole. The wait has been justified. The hype tame in comparison to reality. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a game changer.

Andrew Reiner (Game Informer)

Cyberpunk 2077 is like Rockstar levels of open-world craziness. Beautiful, detailed, choice everywhere. Gunplay is wicked. Can run on walls, plant into them with blades, drop onto foes, slice their heads off. Slow time, use mods to control bots. Wow. Wow. Wow.

GameInformer: Cyberpunk 2077 Is Not What You Think

I entered this demonstration with thoughts of Witcher III: Wild Hunt, thinking I would see something similar in design, only with futuristic trappings in a sprawling city. My memories of Geralt of Rivia and his adventures vanished when CD Projekt Red showed me Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person, open-world RPG. It's a completely different beast than Witcher, delivering player choice in a what appears to be a more dangerous and dynamic world.

John Linneman (Digital Foundry, Eurogamer)

Cyberpunk 2077 is legit. I can’t even imagine this being current gen. Like holy sh*t. It’s like Deus Ex + Crysis + Witcher at a scale and level of detail that I’ve never seen. It’s the kind of game I’ve dreamt of for ages. That was one hell of an hour.

Damn can't wait.

Hopefully we will get a gameplay video at Gamescom

Well, we shouldn't jump to conclusions without seeing the actual gameplay. I personally don't like First Person RPG games but I'm willing to give this game a chance to prove itself.

Also, I think its time we let go ourselves of the shadow of Witcher 3 and embrace something new.

3 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

John Linneman (Digital Foundry, Eurogamer)

Cyberpunk 2077 is legit. I can’t even imagine this being current gen. Like holy sh*t. It’s like Deus Ex + Crysis + Witcher at a scale and level of detail that I’ve never seen. It’s the kind of game I’ve dreamt of for ages. That was one hell of an hour.

Legit hyped if DF dude is that impressed.

15 minutes ago, adity said:

I feel like this might launch next year. 

I hope not. Don't want it gimped by current gen consoles. Imagine this being designed around vanilla Xbone as lowest common denominator. Make it exclusive to next gen consoles.

The Role-Playing Game of the Dark Future

About the Game

• In 2077, America is in pieces. Megacorps control life in all its aspects from the top floors of their sky-high fortresses. Down below, drug-pushing gangs, dirty-tech hustlers, and slingers of illicit braindances run the streets. The world in between is where decadence, sex, and pop culture mix with violent crime, extreme poverty, and the unattainable promise of the American Dream.
  • In a world where you have no future, what matters is that you control who you are. To survive and protect your independence, you modify your body with advanced cyberware and take jobs others would never dare. You choose to live free, bound by no systems or controls—the only rules you obey are your own. Because you’re a Cyberpunk.
  • In Cyberpunk 2077 you play as V—a hired gun on the rise and you just got your first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners, and corporate lifehackers, today you take your first step towards becoming an urban legend.

Become a street mercenary of the future… Create a hero able to survive in America’s most dangerous megacity.…

• Create Your Own Cyberpunk Your name is V, and you can be anyone you want to be. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature full character customization, with gender, appearance, and personal background all affecting the shape of your game. As you progress. you’ll develop skills in urban warfare and network hacking, as well as modify your body with cyberware like infra-red eyes or neural reflex boosters.
  • Fluid Class System – Become a Netrunner. Techie or Solo.. or a mix of all three. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t impose any player roles and allows all available classes.
  • See Night City Through Your Eyes – Cyberpunk 2077 brings first-person perspective back to the role-playing genre. Deep narrative immersion is a key design priority, and you’ll experience the story of the game’s protagonist entirely through their eyes.
  • Interactive Dialogue Control – You’re a participant, an agent, not an observer. Cyberpunk 2077 features an interactive dialogue system that gives players maximum control during conversations—comment on an uncooperative character’s tattoo to please them, or end a conversation early with a well-placed bullet. The choice is always yours.
  • Game Noir – With its mature approach to storytelling, Cyberpunk 2077 adopts elements of noir cinema and inserts them into the future of video games. Without a clear definition of what’s good or evil, in Cyberpunk 2077 you’ll make hard choices to define yourself in a city that wants to bring you to your knees.

and enter the most decadent megacity…

Night City is a playground for dreamers, an urban jungle that offers luxury excess… or a bullet to the brain if you mess with the corporations.

• Go Anywhere, Do Anything – Cyberpunk 2077 is fully open-world, which means Night City is yours for the taking – if you’re prepared. With 6 distinct districts to explore, hundreds of buildings and thousands rooms to enter, and dozens of miles of roads to hit, there are always places to be and things to do.
  • You’re Worth What You Have – The world of cyberpunks is all about your gear. Wear designer clothes, buy (or steal) cars, and acquire black market military tech to help you during your missions. Then use blood money to invest in properties all around the city.
  • Jack In, Run the Net – Night City is fully connected and offers countless cyberspace access terminals. As you explore the Net, you’ll discover layers of hidden systems, firewalls, and security programs deployed to fry your brain. During missions, you’ll clash with hostile netrunners defending corporate megabuildings—both in cyberspace and in the real world.

…to uncover it’s dirtiest secrets.

Story-driven and action-packed, Cyberpunk 2077‘s cinematic plot was written to provide a rich and robust single-player experience. Offering dozens of hours of main arc quests and lots of additional activities like side quests and Street Stories, the game is a good fit for both hardcore completionists and gamers who like to focus on instant action. Featuring CD Projekt RED’s trademark storytelling system driven by choice and consequence, in Cyberpunk 2077 players navigate the streets of Night City along strongly contrasting paths to arrive at one of a range of story outcomes.

Now some 4K SCREENS!

q8KXkgU.jpg

jKlcc9O.jpg

J4LpnX4.jpg

5Wia5nQ.jpg

vgFVRu8.jpg

qqucpSR.jpg

qefmNVR.jpg

YGj1Nn5.jpg

3LEmQml.jpg

qt1fFJL.jpg

mP4pchr.pngmP4pchr.pngmP4pchr.png