Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

IMO Indians are far more racist and sexist than whites especially in their movies. Dark skinned Indians, low caste Indians and blacks are alway stereotyped as villains, criminals and backward. Indian women are housewifes, romantic partners etc while white girls are like limited to cheerleaders. 

Hence it is hypocritical of us to cricitize  the Whites. Unfortunately it seems only the whites get the short end of the stick. 

yeah you are not wrong. Northern central India is full of such people. They open practice and don't even realize that it's wrong.

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

IMO Indians are far more racist and sexist than whites especially in their movies. Dark skinned Indians, low caste Indians and blacks are alway stereotyped as villains, criminals and backward. Indian women are housewifes, romantic partners etc while white girls are like limited to cheerleaders. 

Hence it is hypocritical of us to cricitize  the Whites. Unfortunately it seems only the whites get the short end of the stick. 

The Indians are more racist argument doesn't work. Just because someone does something bad doesn't mean you should too , people should strive to be better. People have better expectations from American movies/games..etc. They are critically acclaimed worldwide and played by many. Also lot of people of different races live in America. In this particular case even though they are polish devs , their main target is America.

And also people do criticize Indian movies for poor portrayal. Just because they keep making crappy movies again and again doesn't mean the criticism was wrong. And hardly anyone outside of Indians give a sh*t about Indian movies.

If someone in India made a game that portrays other races poorly that was also a big hit worldwide , they would definitely get called out for it.

Edited by Shadoken
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Sardar looks happy and cheerful for someone who has androids reloading weapons in his backseat, probably on a way to a bank heist.

So hes a taxi driver and a terrorist , Goddamit at least get your stereotypes correct devs :rolleyes:. Only thing left is an exaggerated Indian accent voiced by a white guy.

jk.. But the combat cab thing was pretty cool. I think there'll be more diverse chars anyway. It just seemed like showing that footage exactly was kinda dumb on their part. Or maybe its some twist to get people talking like this and  "we will feel ashamed for our words and deeds".

Edited by Shadoken

11 hours ago, adity said:

Well, then Indians should make games with Indians in lead roles. 

It isn't the responsibility of the dev to give representation to your culture. 

It's not like foreigners are represented very well in our movies. 

Yup true. But I think If some other culture wants to add to the game , 0 representation is better than the same stereotypes being reinforced over and over again.

Yup true. But I think If some other culture wants to add to the game , 0 representation is better than the same stereotypes being reinforced over and over again.
its not like all the cab drivers in the game will be indians...and who are we kidding there are indians who drive taxi there.. so yeah i dont think they are stereotyping anything here unless all the cab drivers in the game are indian..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ofc not all cab drivers will be indian that would be dumb af. But the fact that he was on the trailer means he is a character with some importance. Era thread pointed out that his name plate read Narayan Isamu ?

Ofc not all cab drivers will be indian that would be dumb af. But the fact that he was on the trailer means he is a character with some importance. Era thread pointed out that his name plate read Narayan Isamu ?
so isnt it good now an indian cabby in a futuristic game by polish devs is there in the trailer because he is of some importance to the game.. either way idk what the fuss is about..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Its not about good or bad. And neither is it a huge issue , people in that thread were just annoyed that most Indian ( and other races too ) chars added to gaming are just the usual stereotypes.

And yes stereotypes are based on reality , Since most Indians are IT Support,Doctors or Cab Drivers. But that doesn't mean gaming should be confined to it.

Edited by Shadoken

On 6/18/2018 at 2:04 AM, Shadoken said:

So hes a taxi driver and a terrorist , Goddamit at least get your stereotypes correct devs :rolleyes:. Only thing left is an exaggerated Indian accent voiced by a white guy.

jk.. But the combat cab thing was pretty cool. I think there'll be more diverse chars anyway. It just seemed like showing that footage exactly was kinda dumb on their part. Or maybe its some twist to get people talking like this and  "we will feel ashamed for our words and deeds".

he is driving what is called in the Cyberpunk 2020 lore as a "combat cab" i.e he is an arms dealing cabbie

and also that is why he is happy,your corporate assassin cyborgs prolly bought a lot of his "goods"(i got this tidbit of info from reddit btw)

also we can't expect "representation",this is a Polish game studio making a product who's main *buying* audience is overwhelmingly white goys.

If you want non stereotype Indian characters in a game,then that game has to be made by an Indian studio for an Indian audience.

also unlike niggas/white lesbians/latinos/gays/trannies we aren't a part of the "favored groups" so to speak,nobody except Indians gives a sh*t about Indians.