Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All cutscenes in Cyberpunk 2077 are now first person, not third person

Guess the entire character customization is just for marketing. You will only see at creation, mirrors, and during some special moves (if any)...

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Guess the entire character customization is just for marketing. You will only see at creation, mirrors, and during some special moves (if any)...

Wow character creation useless now. Fuk it man. I will buy it on deep sale now not dayone. 

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

WTF is even the point of character customization then? It's baffling.

And I doubt most mirrors would even be reflective in the current gen versions :P

I hope they add third person and first person like GTA did.. In first person it would feel useless..

Anyone knows the reason behind this being first person exclusive? I thought they would ask that in the interview but as far as I saw nothing was asked..

Edited by funnyadit

11 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

I hope they add third person and first person like GTA did.. In first person it would feel useless..

Anyone knows the reason behind this being first person exclusive? I thought they would ask that in the interview but as far as I saw nothing was asked..

its confirmed to be First person only. Let's hope modding can make third person happen. Thats unlikely too as Kingdom come deliverance still doesn't have a third person mod

Just now, adity said:

More than an year since it was confirmed and people are still bitching about it. Get over it, folks. 

It was not. It had TPP in cut scenes entirely and even the demo had TPP last year. 

All those changed to first person now. 

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

LOL, i think the game was way too ambitious for this gen hardware.  I think it'll be a crossover kind of title like GTA V.  It might be launched  in a plain jane version on current gen , and might launch again on the next gen with all the bells & whistles included !

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It was not. It had TPP in cut scenes entirely and even the demo had TPP last year. 

Game densely packed with stuff, so third person animations were really taxing for ps4 and Xbox one. So this decision was taken. That's my guess coz i heard somewhere that console limitations reason behind fps mode

I think it's more to do with how the game environments are generated. Third person camera is wide and the game needs to generate world more quickly in large amount. So if the world is densely packed it would be too much for consoles with weak cpu's to handle. Who knows what the truth really is but the First person shooter but RPG!

10 hours ago, adity said:

So, they can animate every other npc in third person but animating the player character in third person is just too much to handle. 

well, if you think about it, NPC animations are mostly scripted, and they need not be that accurate.  But the main character's animations needs to be very much nuanced and more responsive, both of which would consume CPU/GPU power.

Edited by Ne0

70428783_2423913737724812_61545650242254

"Until now, the only thing we said about multiplayer was that it was in R&D. As we’re getting closer to launching ‘single player’ Cyberpunk 2077 in April next year, we’d like to confirm that multiplayer is in the works!"

The plan for now is to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in April, then follow up with DLCs (free!) and single player content, and — once we’re done — invite you for some multiplayer action."

link

On 9/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, Joe Cool said:

This looks much better now. Game is looking like you can play it for ages with n number of things to do which is why i wont be buying this. Too cumbersome to do everything :yawn:

The plan for now is to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in April, then follow up with DLCs (free!) and single player content, and — once we’re done — invite you for some multiplayer action.

Guess MP/Co-op around 2021/2022.