Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I want to believe that its just an homage to that scene in Blade Runner and not an integral part of the whole game.

In the show Patrick Mills (Sr. Quest Designer), the bald guy, mentioned that it's a pretty layered and intricate part of the game. Think it'll have stories on certain characters which you can watch and digitally collect information from. Maybe those are side quests and you play them from a character's perspective and then once done you begin the digital dissection.

sh*t looked pretty complex.

20 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Someone explain the entire concept "Braindance" to me please...

From what I gathered from the show Night City Wire Episode yesterday it's basically an autopsy of a mission you complete (maybe as a different character) and later on dissect it digitally for clues to solve some other bigger puzzle in the world of Cyberpunk?

Yes seems like.

Like you shoot some 2 rupees cyber-thug as a part of a questline, or randomly, then you do Batman Detective Vision to find out what this rent-a-goon was doing in the first place.

Nice way to set up secret side quests, or loot btw.

13 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

In the show Patrick Mills (Sr. Quest Designer), the bald guy, mentioned that it's a pretty layered and intricate part of the game. Think it'll have stories on certain characters which you can watch and digitally collect information from. Maybe those are side quests and you play them from a character's perspective and then once done you begin the digital dissection.

sh*t looked pretty complex.

I just hope its not part of the main gameplay loop because it doesn't look intriguing. 

I liked the way this game has that neat little bar where you can rewind or fast-forward the Braindance sequences. I can almost imagine the time I'm going to spend on these sequences. This is going to be one immensely layered game and I'm sure riddled with side quests. Hope I can decipher the many complexities and still keep my sanity intact in that steely neon lit world.

OT but I did catch a glimpse of some shiny latex clad women in the gameplay... that is something that has me excited! :devil:

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I just hope its not part of the main gameplay loop because it doesn't look intriguing. 

You know what it reminded me of in a strange way? Those Residual Memory sequences from Evil Within. Like your watching something that took place in the past.

That braindance thing looked garbage in an otherwise amazing gameplay. Even skill up mentioned that he did not like it. Not really sure why they even put that it.

When they were showing it off i thought you can pause any moment and hack one of the characters to change the course of the events. But no i think you can just look not do anything.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, adity said:

It ultimately devolves into a matter of fiddling with the cursor until you find something interactable in most games. Personally I would love it if everyone collectively decides to get rid of these pacing killers like lock picking, detective clue searching, tailing, eavesdropping and all that sh*t.

This is what I think it'll eventually come down to, cursor fiddling.

13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Lots of details.

I watched this last night on my iPad. Excellent video and gives lots of details regarding the game. The guy clearly says that he was mighty impressed with weapon sounds, graphics, the sheer amount of environmental details packed into such a dense world. The introductory mission branching for each type of character is also very cool!

Where he stops having fun is when the game introduces Braindance. That just didn't feel right to him. The implementation and execution of it was a little off and he wished that he doesn't have to deal with those sequences too frequently in the main game when it releases.

Guys please give this video a watch. Thanks @Joe Coolfor posting it! :)

Edited by Black_Hawk

14 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

When Cyberpunk 2077 launches later this year, it will be available on GeForce NOW, with support for ray-tracing effects and DLSS 2.0. So even if you’re playing on an old PC, a Mac, or an Android device, you can experience Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p 60 FPS.

I wish by the time Cyberpunk releases, GeForce Now is officially launched in India with local servers.

Right now using GeForce Now with VPN, there is too much video artifacts to enjoy the game properly for me.

Have they announced system requirements ? I keep seeing them at different websites but I dont know if they are legit
Min requirements are mostly useless anyways wait for benchmarks when the game launches.

11 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

Min requirements are mostly useless anyways wait for benchmarks when the game launches.

True. Requirements can be misleading like in the case of RDR2 or Ubisoft games where they release requirements for 30fps

Edited by dylanjosh

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Is that true? IIRC remember Witcher 3 wasn't very well optimized on launch? 

I dont remember that, it ran pretty decently on my very average rig. 

It might have been the same issue as Crysis where people put stuff on Ultra on rigs that couldnt handle Ultra and thought it was badly optimized. 

Looking at the gameplay, it really doesnt look that jawdropping so I would expect if you can run most current gen games, it should run fine. 

5 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Is that true? IIRC remember Witcher 3 wasn't very well optimized on launch? 

It was very well optimized, except Novigrad and its over 9000 NPCs destroying framerate and Nvidia Hairworks