Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All a matter of perspective really. There's also crunch when you have to put in extra hours for no pay which is what most of us in India normally put up with. 

Not saying they're wrong or right for that matter. Just it's hard to relate when you come from a place where you make a noise about crunch without pay and then eventually have to quit your job because you're slowly and subtly being targeted, scrutinised, sidelined and basically stressed the f**k out.

• Like 2

As a consumer of all kinds of products, I feel game dev crunch is literally the least offensive form of "oppression". These are white collar people in white collar jobs often with multiple options for where they want to work. As opposed to the folks who work factories to assemble your phones and computers or the ones that work in sweatshops to make your clothes or literally any other industry.

Instead of twitter outrage, the best way to combat this kind of exploitation is to moderate your consumption across all products. You don't need to buy a phone every couple of years nor buy clothes so often and yes, nor do you have to buy every AAA game.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, PhantomShade said:

This is reaching some StarCitizen level now.

Probably delay it till Christmas next year if this " 4-5 months of work more" is needed..

It never ends.

They announced this in 2013, development started full speed after Bitcher 3 in 2015.

Don't compare this to star citizen. One is a project with bad planning and other is a feature creep scam.

26 minutes ago, Gautam said:

As a consumer of all kinds of products, I feel game dev crunch is literally the least offensive form of "oppression". These are white collar people in white collar jobs often with multiple options for where they want to work. As opposed to the folks who work factories to assemble your phones and computers or the ones that work in sweatshops to make your clothes or literally any other industry.

That's BS,

Many of game industry jobs are seasonal and contractual, QA, Art. Once the project is over, many of them find themselves out looking for new work.

Now, imagine being a situation when you have family to tend to and at a very critical moment you are out of work.

I have seen from up close that people in gaming industry, especially those who are at lower rungs find it hard when their contract is nearing end.

Once they have a spent a year or two, they get hope that  they will get an extension but since they are in contract they cannot hop easily...and then the axe comes.

But just like any creative industry, gaming has its own dark corners, low salaries are one, other is crunch.

If you are dealing with both AND are on contractual work, then you are in a really bad place.

12 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah 8 year olds working in sweatshops to make our clothes and phones and working with toxic waste to recycle the copious amounts of trash we generate each year is a much bigger concern for me. 

That should be a concern for everyone. Because it is illegal, unethical and pure exploitation just to bring down the cost.

But it doesn't mean that one shouldn't feel bad about exploitation that happens in white-collar jobs.

making 450$ a month & paying rent more than your salary...

yes you have a white-collar job but to bring down your CoL, you can't start living in slums, can you?

So what is it...if it is not an exploitation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adity said:

You can't care about everything. Have to choose your battles. There are 500 bad things happening everywhere. If you start giving a f**k about everything, you'll be exhausted. This is a very low priority issue in the grand scheme of things. 

I don't like to be selective AND I don't want to outrage about anything and everything.

But top of that  I don't like to be the guy who says --

"hey dude, why are you cribbing about putting a few hrs on a Sunday, when there are literally thousands of 9-yrs olds rolling up the crackers for your Diwali"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

I don't like to be selective AND I don't want to outrage about anything and everything.

But top of that  I don't like to be the guy who says --

"hey dude, why are you cribbing about putting a few hrs on a Sunday, when there are literally thousands of 9-yrs olds rolling up the crackers for your Diwali"

1 hour ago, adity said:

I'm not saying that, lol. I'm sure no one enjoys working late. I don't for sure. What I'm saying is I really don't care about it. I dunno why it's so hard to understand. Maybe read it twice and it might register. 

Ok guys...no more OT

“When it comes to Metacritic, we continuously aim at a 90+ game, so nothing has changed here; this remains the goal and, as Adam mentioned, this is actually the main reason for postponing the release,” said Nowakowski. “We want to give the game an extra polish; we’d rather be slightly ashamed right now in front of you than be ashamed in front of the players once the game releases.”

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-was-delayed-because-cdpr-wants-the-game-to-hit-90-on-metacritic