Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone noticed on the Xbox side if you preorder this, you don’t get charged immediately. I’ve never seen that happening like ever. 
Then got a mail as usual from MS (the invoice) which mentioned I’ll be charged up to 10 days before the release date. 
anyhoo super-hyped for 10/12. 

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

Anyone noticed on the Xbox side if you preorder this, you don’t get charged immediately. I’ve never seen that happening like ever. 
Then got a mail as usual from MS (the invoice) which mentioned I’ll be charged up to 10 days before the release date. 

May be because release date was going all over the place ?

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

They charge near release. I remember pre-ordering Forza Horizon and wasn't charged till game was near launch (1-2 days). 

Just now, Joe Cool said:

They charge near release. I remember pre-ordering Forza Horizon and wasn't charged till game was near launch (1-2 days). 

That’s quite odd. I’ve been buying (read : hoarding) digitally for ages and honestly never ever experienced this on the Xbox. On the PS-side, late during the PS3 generation I recall a Sly Cooper game pre-order which didn’t charge upfront and had clear wording about it being so. :ko:

But yeah with the release date uncertainty maybe MS are playing safe. Wonder what folks on the PS side are doing. Are they also holding back the charge?

30 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

That’s quite odd. I’ve been buying (read : hoarding) digitally for ages and honestly never ever experienced this on the Xbox. On the PS-side, late during the PS3 generation I recall a Sly Cooper game pre-order which didn’t charge upfront and had clear wording about it being so. :ko:

But yeah with the release date uncertainty maybe MS are playing safe. Wonder what folks on the PS side are doing. Are they also holding back the charge?

Oh, sorry, I meant Forza Horizon on PC. MS didn't charge me right away. Could be different for Xbox in the past and perhaps changed now. 

On PS and Steam, I get charged instantly even for pre-orders.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Oh, sorry, I meant Forza Horizon on PC. MS didn't charge me right away. Could be different for Xbox in the past and perhaps changed now. 

On PS and Steam, I get charged instantly even for pre-orders.

Update : My card just got charged. Will check if ore-load’s up on the X 

No pre-load yet. At least with PS it tells you the exact time and date when the pre-load starts. Not complaining though with a gigabit connection :D

Edited by Jigsaw
Update