Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea, that was bad on their part for not providing consoles review codes but the game isn't broken in any sense, just performs bad on consoles. When you'll play the game you'll see CDPR had to cut-off many things in order to make this playable on previous gen consoles. This isn't their first time or the only publisher who pulled this off. But because of the insane hype this game created it's in limelight. 

Yeah, I agree it is not broken but just runs bad. I think I will finish this game on pro but have to replay it next year once I have my hands on a new pc or NextGen console. One thing I appreciate is the free upgrade to next gen.

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Truth.

If they did give out PS4/XBO copies for critics to review, the score would definitely be below 80.

Currently on PS4, meta has one critic review at 35. User score is at 2.6/10.

On Xbox its 2 critic reviews at 35 and 68 , with user score of 3.3/10.

Did you find any improvement on vechicle control after the patch? That weird oversteer some cars had disappeared now and Motorcycles doesn't drift like there is oil on the ground. 

13 minutes ago, b!T said:

Yeah, I agree it is not broken but just runs bad. I think I will finish this game on pro but have to replay it next year once I have my hands on a new pc or NextGen console. One thing I appreciate is the free upgrade to next gen.

I hope they make significant changes ( NPCs, story mode, the gameplay itself etc) and not just mere cosmetic and performance enhancements.

9 minutes ago, b!T said:

Did you find any improvement on vechicle control after the patch? That weird oversteer some cars had disappeared now and Motorcycles doesn't drift like there is oil on the ground. 

Oh no, I'd rather play a game like this on as best settings I can get. Will wait for PS5 update.

Have put Spidey, GoT and LoU2 on backlog for the same reason.

15 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I hope they make significant changes ( NPCs, story mode, the gameplay itself etc) and not just mere cosmetic and performance enhancements.

Given time, maybe.

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s not broken on Pro/OneX 

that’s more inline with the GTA5 comparison on PS360 

Running on its last leg of performance but running just fine to be playable 

It’s the XBone/PS4 version which is outright unplayable for naked eye 

it’s like someone is smudging Vaseline after every frame in your face :rofl: (while in action) 

1.04 has made it little better but still not acceptable 

Point is not that why it’s so bad 

point is why even sell something like this without being upfront about how it runs 

that’s the real cheating 

https://gamingbolt.com/should-we-be-concerned-about-cyberpunk-2077-on-base-ps4-and-xbox-one

"

Another nugget of information that PS4 and Xbox One owners should keep in mind when deciding whether or not to pick up Cyberpunk on their respective consoles is that those very consoles are likely the majority of the reason – if not the entirety of the reason – for Cyberpunk’s most recent delay. There’s not a whole lot of information that is concretely known about the nature of the delay, or the severity of the problems that led to it, but it is safe to say that a delay after a game has gone gold could only occur if there were something demonstrably wrong.

In fact, the delay was indeed because of how the game was running on last generation hardware. Over the last few weeks it has been widely reported, across various sources, that it was revealed in no uncertain terms during an investor conference call that the delay mostly centers around problems with the game as it currently runs on the PlayStation 4 in the Xbox One. Conversely it is up and running well on next-gen platforms but those aren’t the versions that are going to be played by most people at first. The vast majority of Cyberpunk 2077 early adopters will be on the last generation of hardware, at least according to pre-order numbers.

Aside from that, most who have played the PS4 and Xbox One versions tend to have more compliments than complaints. Even though most of them probably at least got the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X versions, that is something that we can at least put in the column of reasons to not be too concerned as those versions will likely be quite similar. Even still most of the gameplay footage that has been bandied about on the internet over the last month or so is from either PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, or PC.

"

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

How is this even excusable in 2020, and after 8 years in development :mellow:

Edit: Not referring to performance, but spending 8 years building an "immersive", open-world RPG without basic systems to back it up. Did they *not* anticipate people messing about in the world?

Edited by Keyofx

21 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Edit: Not referring to performance, but spending 8 years building an "immersive", open-world RPG without basic systems to back it up. Did they *not* anticipate people messing about in the world?

The game is sitting at 90+ Meta and the two reviewers who called it for what it is got death threats. At this point CDPR will get away with a murder.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

I think serious development started only post the launch of TW3. This launch feels rushed.

Edited by radicaldude

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The game is sitting at 90+ Meta and the two reviewers who called it for what it is got death threats. At this point CDPR will get away with a murder.

It's mental. I feel like even games with token open worlds like LA Noire and Mafia II were docked points for sub-par in-game systems, and they didn't have anything as immersion breaking as this lol.

I assume the main story will still be good, but the lack of depth in the world is insane after 8+ years of dev time. The story behind this game's development would probably be an awesome project management case study in what NOT to do.

Xbox, CD Projekt Red and Limbitless Solutions have teamed up to bring Johnny Silverhand’s iconic Cyberpunk 2077 prosthetic to the real world.

Non-profit organization Limbitless Solutions has teamed up with Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red and Xbox to create a real version of the bionic arm that belongs to Keanu Reeves’ Johnny Silverhand.

Initially shared over on the Xbox Wire, it’s revealed that these Johnny Silverhand-inspired prosthetic arms will be donated to adults taking part in clinical trials in the coming year.

Cyberpunk-2077-prosthetic.png

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think serious development started only post the launch of TW3. This launch feels rushed.

That's fair. And a couple of TW3 expansions came out in-between too.

But still, man. Their marketing promised promised a LOT :mellow:

• Like 1