Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They f**ked up. Everyone knows they f**ked up, even they know they f**ked up. Give it a rest.

I totally agree. As if we were promised a corona vaccine and got a syringe filled with water. Its just a game. If it is not as per expectations then we should get a refund and move on to other interesting titles. Cursing and crucifying cdpr is not going to make the game better. Anyways, i am playing on pc and it is not an exceptional game but still very good. We may agree to disagree on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Their stock price is in freefall since the reviews and release. Wouldn't be surprised if the "apology" is to prevent further loss.

It's down ~37%, since launch I think. Over a third of your investment wiped out just by sub-par PR and project management. I'm sure it'll climb back up. Hopefully.

They hit a big low in March as well. I bet that was when they announced another delay.

7 minutes ago, adity said:

A good lesson for shareholders about diversification. If Ubilol releases a dud, they have 3 other games releasing that year. If CDPR releases a dud, they're f**ked for the next 5 years. 

Yes. It's crazy that they went public and are still a single game studio. I don't think they're putting out anything from other studios as a publisher either, and I bet GOG sales are down after the EGS launch.

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The aiming/shooting is borked with controller, if you have a choice with KB/M play with that. Stealth is like early AC games because of braindead AI, and hand to hand is hilarious because of the FoV on consoles. The moment you dodge you lose track of the enemy and be like

tenor.gif 

Hand to hand combat is frustrating because you keep losing track and position of the enemies! Also, those side job fights you have to do are so long and the enemy have really big health bars and they take forever to fall. I got tired of smashing the mouse button to punch.

Edited by Black_Hawk

18 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:
Who’s at fault here now? 
Optimised for Series S/X has a thumbnail of Cyberpunk. But the game actually isn’t. So many innocent kids will buy this [emoji39]

https://i.ibb.co/4W7VNht/1-CECD8-E6-6146-4-B47-A4-CA-579-CB11-D63-C0.jpg[/img]

Another instance of....

images - 2020-12-14T170715.448.jpg

Edited by radicaldude

Just now, adity said:

They actually did try to diversify with Gwent CCG but they just abandoned it after it didn't work out in the beginning. Also released a lower budget card game - Thronebreaker but even that didn't make money. GOG was never a big money maker anyways. I bet they'll pivot into a steam like store with DRM and all soon. 

They are expanding the cyberpunkverse. They will launch a new show on Netflix (Edgerunners)

3 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Hand to hand combat is frustrating because you keep losing track and position of the enemies! Also, those side job fights you have to do are so long and the enemy have really big health bars and they take forever to fall. I got tired of smashing the mouse button to punch.

Are you using free hand or installed cyberware? 

With Mantis the melee combat is so much better. You can even leap forward to enemy to kill them. 

22 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Are you using free hand or installed cyberware? 

With Mantis the melee combat is so much better. You can even leap forward to enemy to kill them. 

I don't think those side job fights let you use Mantis at all Joe. Straight up fist fight.

In other news... Youtube seems to completely down. :unsure:

Edited by Black_Hawk

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

It was sort of a chain reaction,an expected one 

As I pointed out earlier & some ppl may  have gotten offended but CDPR practically appeared into the AAA scene out of thin air 

No major publishing house backing,no work of this scale prior to Witcher 3,not even a marketing deal with any of the large platform & system houses like Sony,M$,Nvidia etc 

Just out of no where after Two Witcher games restricted largely to PC platform without any marketing (though obviously successful) 

they litrally had no money before Witcher 2 as they couldn’t even fund a console port of Witcher 1

In general trend they would have tried to persuade a large corpo to fund their games & rather work in their guiding supervision as to how to break into the AAA scene 

Instead they not only funded & marketed their own game but also practically “hired” a AAA publishing studio to handle the physical distribution of Witcher 3(namco)

they obviously were getting their funding from somewhere & they weren’t even public by then

It’s a well known fact that Polish Government has appreciated the company a lot for what they are doing 

I sense an illegitimate funding source here 

After the runaway success The Witcher 3 was they must have gotten many more “investors” & one thing leading to another they have GOG up & running & listed as a public company in no time 

We can’t even imagine what sort of pressure they must be going through while the development of Cyberpunk & in their own minds (& promos) they had set the expectations soo high with the title that everyone thought this is the next Rockstar (without a Take-Two) 

The investors want their divident,company needs operating expenses & the other “investors” must have also wanted their returns 

While internally they were just not capable or skilled of pulling off something this!! big.

Any developer can make games gorgeous looking with highest possible tech but not all can give a significant meaning to all that lighting 

They kept on delaying to figure out how to pull it off & then everyone just got onto their nerves & then the pandemic happened 

& in panic mode they just pressed the release button 

boom!!!! 
Phatta poster nikla hero 

(long story short,they just had it coming)

Reveal hidden contents

I know it’s a long read but I have just too much free time with my phone these days

Are you liking the game so far?

29 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

I don't think those side job fights let you use Mantis at all Joe. Straight up fist fight.

In other news... Youtube seems to completely down. :unsure:

No, I meant in general. I haven't used fist ever since I picked Mantis. So much better. 

For those fist fight missions you can use gorilla arms to hit bigger number. The movement/animation is still same as basic fist fight which sucks but at least gets over fast.

4 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

They f**ked up. Everyone knows they f**ked up, even they know they f**ked up. Give it a rest.

Why? Why should we not have our pitchforks ready. 

After all we have industry analysts here who track individual employee counts of studios as closely as they do with blades of grass in GoT. Investment analysts who know way better than stupid investment firms on how to invest money to mint more money, and armchair prodigies who are wayyy more tuned in with how to run multi-million $$ companies than some fat board of directors oldies. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

Abysmal is standard for EA in Fifa. 

And yet they sell and make billion+ every year. Just shows nobody gives a shite about these glitches in FIFA as they are super rare and continue to buy every year.

CDPR doesn't have that. So they are going to fix this game. 

18 minutes ago, codwapeace said:

I don't think so. How difficult it is to get a refund in a country like India, everyone knows.

PSN refunds are handled by the global team, even if you go through the PSN India page, notice the URL, it redirects to the global page where you need to enter your details. So as long as your refund meets all the requirements, they will refund it within few days. I've got refund of one accidental purchase by blaming it on my nephew who was 1 year old then. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

PSN refunds are handled by the global team, even if you go through the PSN India page, notice the URL, it redirects to the global page where you need to enter your details. So as long as your refund meets all the requirements, they will refund it within few days. I've got refund of one accidental purchase by blaming it on my nephew who was 1 year old then. :rofl:

Xbox any idea how?

I’m thinking of going that route and rebuying when the next gen version actually drops.