Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:04 AM, VelivolusDas said:

Returning to PlayStation Store on June 21st.

Sony suggests playing the PS4 Pro or the PS5 version, as the PS4 version still has issues.

They cut about 70% of the population from last-gen console versions so now it feels like ghost town. And underpopulated Cyberpunk city :rofl: 

Most of the CDPR's demographic is from PC. It's ok that if PS people are not keen to return now, after the nextgen patch drops in consoles, I guess people will come back and enjoy the game on next gen console, old gen wasn't powerful enough to handle the game anyway. Not to mention, the DLCs that will come later.

Knowing CDPR, they will fix the game and give more for to make up for their mistakes. I remember how Witcher 1 had a complete enhanced version that gave more than what consumer asked for.

If I was CDPR & I knew the last gen console version was f**ked 

I would have atleast made sure that Next Gen Version was out as soon as possible 

1 year gap between the two is kinda pathetic 

They were just bound to be heading towards a train wreck as a company 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

1 year gap between the two is kinda pathetic 

They were just bound to be heading towards a train wreck as a company 

That remains to be seen. I personally don't think that will happen. Specially their main demographic will carry on supporting them nonetheless. 
As they should, one botched launch to some console version of their latest game not gonna hamper what they did with all their brilliant games, goodwill and what they gonna do to fix it up. Sure, it will take time to fix the image to console people. I can only sympathize to that.

3 hours ago, AnK said:

If I was CDPR & I knew the last gen console version was f**ked 

I would have atleast made sure that Next Gen Version was out as soon as possible 

Deliverting Next gen version of this game is not easy as you think. Do you remember the difference between GTA5 from PS3/x360 version to ps4/xboxone version? Even if CP2077 ends up with just PC version fidelity on next gen console, that alone will require some time and not gonna be an easy task. It's not gonna be a simple 4k res upgrade or fps unlock.

Plus, we are all in WFH, and that alone hampers alot of productivity and timeline commitment. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I think you're underestimating how many people people played Witcher on consoles for the first time. 

That's only witcher 3 and Thronebreaker, yes. But most of the sale went on PC, as their main demographic derived from playing Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, which were never on console.

Witcher 3 on PC sold more than all the consoles versions combined till this day. 

Even CP2077 sold more on PC than ps4 or xbox one combine. So you know where the demographic is.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/78909/cyberpunk-2077-sold-more-on-pc-than-ps4-and-xbox-one-combined/index.html#:~:text=In 2020%2C Cyberpunk 2077 sold,consoles combined%2C CD Projekt confirms.&text=CD Projekt says CP2077 sold,on Xbox One (17%).

Edited by SaiKO

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Its only 2020 and consoles are still 40%ish of total sales. Pissing off half your user base doesn't seem like sound business. 

Sure, they'll straddle along. But their Cyberpunk shenanigans are going to have a significant negative impact on their future plans. 

We will know once nextgen patch and DLC drops on console. Let's see.

Edited by SaiKO

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

That's only witcher 3 and Thronebreaker, yes. But most of the sale went on PC, as their main demographic derived from playing Witcher 1 and Witcher 2, which were never on console.

Witcher 3 on PC sold more than all the consoles versions combined till this day. 

Even CP2077 sold more on PC than ps4 or xbox one combine. So you know where the demographic is.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/78909/cyberpunk-2077-sold-more-on-pc-than-ps4-and-xbox-one-combined/index.html#:~:text=In 2020%2C Cyberpunk 2077 sold,consoles combined%2C CD Projekt confirms.&text=CD Projekt says CP2077 sold,on Xbox One (17%).

A large share of sales of Witcher 3 were on PS4. If the console versions weren't so bad, Cyberpunk would have sold similar number of copies on PS consoles and PC, at least at launch

8 Million Preorders out of which 41% are consoles. That's almost 200Million USD from console version Preorders alone. Even if you take that as 150Mil, that's a lot of moolah from just preorders for a broken game.

So got this amazing car - rayfield caliburn , just lying in a container.  The car zooms amazingly fast, but makes a damn annoying wheezing sound, which is really off putting.

BTW, at around level 14-15, haven't got a single ripperdoc upgrade yet and don't find any need.   Isn't that what the game is supposed to be based on the theme ? Any must buy upgrades ? 

Completed this side quest called 'the hunt', felt right out of a crime TV show and could've easily passed off as a main quest. There was this other side quest 'the beast in me', it was hard to believe this was just a side quest and easily skippable.  I think some of the side quests are better than even that of 'the Witcher 3'. 

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Damn I thought issues were fixed

Not particularly, some bugs n stuff were fixed but the general UI issues are still there .. you kinda get used to it though . On the other hand , once you start a mission , any mission, you forget about any bug cuz they are excellent 

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Damn I thought issues were fixed

Game has other flaws than glitches and bugs that can be fixed with updates.

Also you will keep seeing these "funny bug glitch in cyberjunk xDDD" videos even once most bugs have been ironed out because they get clicks, possibly they will try to hunt for or simulate glitches just to make a video about it.

iirc on youtube there is a channel that is full of funny glitch videos from a whole lot of games.

10 hours ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

So now that patch 1.23 is out, I be been thinking of getting it, T story is generally praised enough if not the core gameplay
Not expecting witcher level, should I go for it ??
It somehow doesn't feel that immersive though

It is pretty good game overall.