Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

So, upgraded my nvidia drivers with GeForce experience, and the game has started stuttering .... :ack:

Any way to revert the driver to the previous version ?

Uninstall drivers, run DDU , then reinstall previous driver.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, Modern_Ubermensch said:

So now that patch 1.23 is out, I be been thinking of getting it, T story is generally praised enough if not the core gameplay
Not expecting witcher level, should I go for it ??
It somehow doesn't feel that immersive though

Sent from my vivo 1951 using Tapatalk

wait for sale

or rather the including DLC( i.e expansion pack DLC, not other small ones ) GOTY type version to come out.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:20 PM, Modern_Ubermensch said:

So now that patch 1.23 is out, I be been thinking of getting it, T story is generally praised enough if not the core gameplay
Not expecting witcher level, should I go for it ??
It somehow doesn't feel that immersive though

The game is good in terms of quest design and gameplay in general is decent.  Maybe even better than Witcher 3.  But the open world is bad, like really bad, it's the most lifeless and useless I've seen in such games.  The bugs are still present, I recently had to reload a past save as the game suddenly started blasting a single tune even out of vehicles, and into other quests, making it difficult to hear the lines spoken. 

Also the whole cyberware/ripperdoc is highly unutilized, the skill trees are badly designed, perks are kinda useless, many times I had forgotten to even use points and hardly saw a difference. 

Except for the gorgeous visuals,  interesting quests and the engaging gameplay(sans the rpg elements), the game is a downgrade from Witcher 3 in every aspect, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretending like Witcher 3 had an awesome open world and exploration. ?

Visuals, quests, gameplay are all better than Witcher but everything else is worse...like what? RPG elements with dud gameplay? Player choices? Characters? How would all that matter when it is inferior in questing and gameplay? 

Man all this mixed talk, I really want to try the game and probably will, have heard the main story and some the quests are worth playing, but still the lifelessness and lack of immersion part holding me back, the games AI is God awful even compared to witcher thats another point off...
Phew
For all it's flaws at least witcher was optimised and had great lore, that kept me going till the end
Blood and wine and masterpiece dlc imo
The gameplay wasn't too bad either

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Pretending like Witcher 3 had an awesome open world and exploration. ?

Visuals, quests, gameplay are all better than Witcher but everything else is worse...like what? RPG elements with dud gameplay? Player choices? Characters? How would all that matter when it is inferior in questing and gameplay? 

All those things matter. Things like open world, characters, main plot, rpg mechanics, they all play a role in the overall game experience.  It's not like w3's quests were bad, they were really good.Just that cp quests has been designed better(after the game launched like 6 years after w3).  Also, w3's open world was quite immersive for me, it actually felt like a living, breathing world.  I remember spending so many hours collecting armour sets or playing Gwent with strangers.  I just don't get that immersion in this game.  The whole neon lit City seems to be a background wallpaper and nothing more.  Quests are good, gameplay is decent and that's the reason I'm still sticking to this game.  But as an overall experience, w3 was a much better game.

38 minutes ago, SpearHea:D said:

Witcher > cyberpunk anyday.

But dont miss out on cyberpunk because of internet negativity. Its a damn good game.

Agree, it's not a bad game, I've spent close to 45 hours, but I feel it was a lost opportunity.  The main plot is kinda boring though.  In act 2, and I've been playing mostly the side quests (which the game keeps throwing at me).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 8:45 AM, SpearHea:D said:

Witcher > cyberpunk anyday.

But dont miss out on cyberpunk because of internet negativity. Its a damn good game.

It's a friggin masterpiece. CP2077 I mean. Offcourse Witcher 3 was better. But CP2077 is a beautiful game if you don't bother about the bugs and glitches.

But ONLY ON PC.

Console versions are a mess! Still does. PS4/PS5 version still is ghosttown with all pedestrian removed. XoneX/XSX version has better peds and res still.

CDPR did release the game unfinished due to pressure from investors and stuffs. That's how stuffs goes in industry. 

The backlash was just unprecedented though. Comes with the hype I guess.

Completed the quest 'play it safe'.  Man, the visuals in the quest was at another level :wub:, the floating visuals, the crowd, the whole atmosphere/quest design was sublime. The fps dropped down below 30fps though lol !! 

So, completed this quest called 'sweet dreams', despite confronting the bad guy at the end, v didn't get back the 20k eddies he swindled in the beginning of the quest, is this some glitch ? No way to recover lost eddies in this quest ?

Edited by Ne0

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So, completed this quest called 'sweet dreams', despite confronting the bad guy at the end, v didn't get back the 20k eddies he swindled in the beginning of the quest, is this some glitch ? No way to recover lost eddies in this quest ?

No, you don't get 20K back. You can however loot locker for your gear and credits but 20K you lose. 

I just bought the game off gamenation for 2k, but i am of two minds of whether to wait for the ps5 version or not. Any of you here who are waiting for the ps5 upgrade before actually doing even 1 playthrough? Dumb question... but any idea when the ps5 version may come out? I just bought the game coz i figured 2k is an okay price and once the ps5 upgrade comes out the game will be in short supply. 

This game is still a mess. I just got a PS4 disc today, updated to patch 1.23 and running on my ps5 and it has crashed right after that sequence with Jacky welles after you escape the corpos. Gonna wait for the ps5 upgrade for sure. Disappointing :|

10 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

This game is still a mess. I just got a PS4 disc today, updated to patch 1.23 and running on my ps5 and it has crashed right after that sequence with Jacky welles after you escape the corpos. Gonna wait for the ps5 upgrade for sure. Disappointing :|

I heard it has improved a lot since release but not quite production grade yet. Sensible thing would be to wait till PS5 release.

But multiple known folks who have dared to go beyond these pesky bugs & crashes have all said that it is an excellent game overall.  Sad that a possible gem of a game was released as such. I am also waiting for a stable PS5 release :) 

1 hour ago, funjabi said:

I heard it has improved a lot since release but not quite production grade yet. Sensible thing would be to wait till PS5 release.

But multiple known folks who have dared to go beyond these pesky bugs & crashes have all said that it is an excellent game overall.  Sad that a possible gem of a game was released as such. I am also waiting for a stable PS5 release :) 

So apparently one of the issues with even the PS5 version is that the game as of patch 1.23 release, drastically reduces the NPC count as compared to XSX version. That combined with the annoying loading screens at every scene change means I just cant play this as it stands now. I think even their PS5 release will need hotfixes for at least a month. and the game is unlikely to be playable until q1 2022, after which i am guessing they'll stop burning too many resources on the game. 

whatever I played till now wasnt spectacular either. 

1 hour ago, Soultrader92 said:

So apparently one of the issues with even the PS5 version is that the game as of patch 1.23 release, drastically reduces the NPC count as compared to XSX version. That combined with the annoying loading screens at every scene change means I just cant play this as it stands now. I think even their PS5 release will need hotfixes for at least a month. and the game is unlikely to be playable until q1 2022, after which i am guessing they'll stop burning too many resources on the game. 

whatever I played till now wasnt spectacular either. 

The rest of the game also isn't, it's very generic gameplay-wise aside from Mr. Impressive c*ck, who is actually the main character, not you, play till the end and you will know why :rofl:

Only thing spectacular BREATH TAKING in this game is the graphics, but then you're on PS4 so you prolly won't realise it

Also apparently they had a roadmap, which was to start with free small DLC items, then the "big DLC" like witcher 3's two expansions coming out by early 2022.

None of that has appeared :rofl:

20 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

The rest of the game also isn't, it's very generic gameplay-wise aside from Mr. Impressive c*ck, who is actually the main character, not you, play till the end and you will know why :rofl:

Only thing spectacular BREATH TAKING in this game is the graphics, but then you're on PS4 so you prolly won't realise it

Also apparently they had a roadmap, which was to start with free small DLC items, then the "big DLC" like witcher 3's two expansions coming out by early 2022.

None of that has appeared :rofl:

I am assuming you mean the PS4 code on PS5, coz I am running it on PS5 and it still looks like a*s. Their roadmap has already missed most of their targets, vague as they were. I have serious doubts that they will be able to release a ps5 version in this year. Massive issues in the game even now. Here are a few i still see from just a couple of hours of playthrough

• Ridiculous amount of pop-in when moving through the city
  • Physics still is crappy, car got stuck somewhere and then glitched into the road, got crushed in another instance by itself. 
  • Very stupid AI (eg cars wait behind you on the roads if you stop even though there is space to move away, very rudimentary NPC loops), the world doesnt feel real - like GTA random encounters, that feel is missing. I dont think this will ever get fixed.
  • Graphics still feel previous gen, I mean RDR2 feels like it has far better graphics.
  • Quality of life glitches - eg i selected a quest in the minimap, but i couldnt untrack all quests, i could only track a different quest.

Overall not impressed at all, there are many issues that a ps5 release wouldnt fix either. I can imagine a fully finished game, with no bugs on ps5 and i still cant give it more than a 7 or 8. Sad!! the game, the concept had so much potential. 

They got one thing right though ... the music is just perfect.

18 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

I am assuming you mean the PS4 code on PS5, coz I am running it on PS5 and it still looks like a*s. Their roadmap has already missed most of their targets, vague as they were. I have serious doubts that they will be able to release a ps5 version in this year. Massive issues in the game even now. Here are a few i still see from just a couple of hours of playthrough

• Ridiculous amount of pop-in when moving through the city
  • Physics still is crappy, car got stuck somewhere and then glitched into the road, got crushed in another instance by itself. 
  • Very stupid AI (eg cars wait behind you on the roads if you stop even though there is space to move away, very rudimentary NPC loops), the world doesnt feel real - like GTA random encounters, that feel is missing. I dont think this will ever get fixed.
  • Graphics still feel previous gen, I mean RDR2 feels like it has far better graphics.
  • Quality of life glitches - eg i selected a quest in the minimap, but i couldnt untrack all quests, i could only track a different quest.

Overall not impressed at all, there are many issues that a ps5 release wouldnt fix either. I can imagine a fully finished game, with no bugs on ps5 and i still cant give it more than a 7 or 8. Sad!! the game, the concept had so much potential. 

They got one thing right though ... the music is just perfect.

No, it's on par or better than RDR2 graphics wise, I was playing on PC, even if you're running the PS4 version you can see YT videos of PC gameplay with max settings, it looks really good, but that and Keanu/Silverhand are the only good things about this game imo.

I think they will give up on the game by 2022, no DLC or anything and move on to the next Witcher game or whatever.

For being hyped by people for 7 years, It has been forgotten quickly, to the dev's advantage.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

It has been forgotten quickly, to the dev's advantage.

CDPR stock has lost more than 50% of its mkt value since the launch of CP2077, wouldn't really say its been good for them. They have made money on the game, thats true, but they have lost quite a bit of momentum. This game had the potential of putting them right up there with Rockstar, and could have been the perfect cash cow for the next 6 years or so until GTA 6 Online would come out (people are getting tired of GTA V online and red dead online, they want something new). But they f**ked it up. Unless they massively improve the game, i think it woudl be a mistake to launch it online, also any online game needs to have a huge install base for the economics to make sense, a good launch for the game would have made that happen, but even though there are numbers for this game, they arent big enough numbers.

All is not lost though, CDPR can still fix this mess, they need to a soft relaunch on next gen consoles within 6- 8 months. And that needs to be a true next gen experience.. Superb graphics, all major issues fixed and much smarter AI. If they can get that right, then they might get the numbers to launch an online game. My money is on them not doing it. I think it will turn out to more Anthem than No Mans Sky.