Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Shantz said:

Bought this for ~750 on epic store and started playing last week. First couple of hours are quite good. Let's see if it continues or goes south from here.

i agree.. just played till the cyberpunk logo appears and so far it’s been very good 

• Like 1

Great to see finally it got the recognition it deserved. 

And on steam (PC) which was the prime version from the beginning. Sad to see that consoles controls the market so much that a botched and crappy console version of a game can break, tarnish the name of the game in it's entirety. Oh well, better late than never.

10 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

And on steam (PC) which was the prime version from the beginning. Sad to see that consoles controls the market so much that a botched and crappy console version of a game can break, tarnish the name of the game in it's entirety. Oh well, better late than never.

To be fair the PC version wasn't flawless either. I havent played a lot but even on patch 1.31 there are still major bugs that I have faced.  

12 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Considering PC HW market is so screwed right now (and has been for quite some time), it's only fair that consoles control the market. Recently had a faulty GPU, and never want to inflict the pain of finding a new GPU to anyone. Console games might be expensive, but you can at least get them (relatively) easily, unlike PCs right now. If not for consoles, there is a high chance, AAA gaming would be dead (especially since the cryptos started).

So yup, most games live or die by consoles these days, unless it's non-HW intensive that any PC can run (Which CP2077 definitely is not).

PC version is not a stellar implementation either though. The game frequently drops to 30 fps @ 1440p (and I've a fairly good rig that's supposed to ace 1440p @60 fps), numerous bugs, same face NPCs etc. Other games have done far better implementation on PCs

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Console versions weren't free, regardless of whether they control the market or not. Majority of sales are going to be from consoles by default for most games. Considering how crappy they were and how the game was marketed, game was rightly criticized. 

• Like 1

Console version still sucks tbh. But the pc version doesn't. I have both version thus I can compare by myself and see the difference.

At IGN Japan, the game has been awarded GOTY..but ONLY for PC version. Console can control market, can make or break a game for sure, but atleast it needs to be specific. Like console version of CP2077 is bad.

I remember when Alpha blamed the weak consoles for Witcher 3's shitty performance at launch :lol:  Its like someone held a gun at CDPR's head and demanded to release it on consoles or die. If you can't make a competent port, don't release it and make millions by conning people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

Console version still sucks tbh. But the pc version doesn't. I have both version thus I can compare by myself and see the difference.

At IGN Japan, the game has been awarded GOTY..but ONLY for PC version. Console can control market, can make or break a game for sure, but atleast it needs to be specific. Like console version of CP2077 is bad.

From what i heard SX BC version is pretty good compared to other console versions. It uses One X resolution and graphics and runs at 60fps pretty much all the time.

If u on SX or PC,get it now

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

I remember when Alpha blamed the weak consoles for Witcher 3's shitty performance at launch :lol:  Its like someone held a gun at CDPR's head and demanded to release it on consoles or die. If you can't make a competent port, don't release it and make millions by conning people.

You should try it since you have 3060 n all. It runs and look great thanks to DLSS 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

From what i heard SX BC version is pretty good compared to other console versions. It uses One X resolution and graphics and runs at 60fps pretty much all the time.

If u on SX or PC,get it now

I dont have XSX...only PC, ps4 pro, ps5 etc..

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

You should try it since you have 3060 n all. It runs and look great thanks to DLSS 

I did, and I think I said in this thread before that underneath all the bugs and glitches and whatnot, its a thoroughly mediocre game. The gameplay especially is so average, and the world feels so dead that I can't continue playing beyond few hours just for story/characters/Keanu etc. This is also why I dropped W3 after some 10-15 hours. Some people enjoy those aspects of the game, but for me if the gameplay is average, I'm not interested.