Cyberpunk 2077

Aftrunner

Which Life Path did you start with?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, SaiKO said:

The following is just my opinion about the game (May contain Spoilers so tagging it)

Spoiler

Some things that made CP2077 a lesser game for me (And I was playing on PC Ultra so discounting the console mess).

First the positives -

The positives - 

1) Absolutely amazing graphics. The game is definitely a looker.

2) Driving is really fun. I really loved driving around in the city.

3) Stealth and Blades Gameplay was pretty decent and fun. Guns were decent.

Now for the negatives -

1) The questing system was a mess, and quests/major side quests were clearly incomplete or rail-roaded you into very specific endings. Judy's story for example. Too much incompleteness. For example, what were the Moxes doing during the entire Cloud Fiasco (Judy was also a member/ex-member of the Moxes). Completely ignored, and all endings for the Cloud were pretty bad. This was a major side quest on top, and just 1 example. Witcher 3 did not have this kind of problem.

2) The World felt dead. Yes, the game had mind-blowing graphics, but seriously - nothing extra to do. Apartments are a nice touch, but the World itself felt dead. Taking Witcher 3 again as an example, there is no Gwent Equivalent, not much NPC Routines I could see, and not much sudden mind-blowing surprise discoveries either.

3) There was not much cyber-punkinshness going on. Yes, they tried to superficially re-create the Cyberpunk look, but it was seriously, not very Cyberpunkish. Deus Ex, for example - felt more like a proper Cyberpunk game in both story and gameplay. 

Comparing just with Witcher 3 (and nothing else) - these kinds of things made this a far lesser game for me.

9 minutes ago, roun90 said:

The following is just my opinion about the game (May contain Spoilers so tagging it)

Hide contents

Some things that made CP2077 a lesser game for me (And I was playing on PC Ultra so discounting the console mess).

First the positives -

The positives - 

Now for the negatives -

1) The questing system was a mess, and quests/major side quests were clearly incomplete or rail-roaded you into very specific endings. Judy's story for example. Too much incompleteness. For example, what were the Moxes doing during the entire Cloud Fiasco (Judy was also a member/ex-member of the Moxes). Completely ignored, and all endings for the Cloud were pretty bad. This was a major side quest on top, and just 1 example. Witcher 3 did not have this kind of problem.

2) The World felt dead. Yes, the game had mind-blowing graphics, but seriously - nothing extra to do. Apartments are a nice touch, but the World itself felt dead. Taking Witcher 3 again as an example, there is no Gwent Equivalent, not much NPC Routines I could see, and not much sudden mind-blowing surprise discoveries either.

3) There was not much cyber-punkinshness going on. Yes, they tried to superficially re-create the Cyberpunk look, but it was seriously, not very Cyberpunkish. Deus Ex, for example - felt more like a proper Cyberpunk game in both story and gameplay. 

Comparing just with Witcher 3 (and nothing else) - these kinds of things made this a far lesser game for me.

Fair enough criticism!

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Reveal hidden contents

First the positives -

The positives - 

Now for the negatives -

I dropped the idea of buying it after playing 5 hr demo. 

Felt like on the rails despite being open world. Too scripted.

Graphics were superb on Series S. Generally game felt very polished at this point.

9 hours ago, roun90 said:

Hide contents

First the positives -

The positives - 

Now for the negatives -

Yeah even if you could chalk up #2 to the dev lack of experience w.r.t open world games, #3 was a huge letdown.  You can literally play and complete the game without any of those cybernetics.... i would also add the leveling system/perk tree which mostly felt useless to me, like x% improvement, y% improvement etc, they could've done so many cool/intresting stuff with it instead, considering the game genre.  

I'm playing thru the second time, installed it a few days back, once you know all the shortcomings, its more enjoyable :lol:

Edited by Ne0

8 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

I dropped the idea of buying it after playing 5 hr demo. 

Felt like on the rails despite being open world. Too scripted.

Graphics were superb on Series S. Generally game felt very polished at this point.

The game plays very linearly in the intro which runs for close to 6 hours. The game opens up after that.

CDPR probably wanted to lure people with the fancy graphics and cutscenes in the 5hr demo. It's actually in the open-world sections that the game's flaws become more apparent.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Witcher 3 was more of an rpg, the open world was not the highlight of the game, and the previous Witcher games were pretty linear with very small open areas.

Cyberpunk was advertised as an open world action game and the dev lack of experience clearly shows. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

In this environment, every single tech stock has crashed. Even successful companies like Nvidia, take 2, etc have crashed from their highs. Nvidia is 50% down from its high for example.

Ok, that's unfortunate. 

Still, CDPR dropping more than others is still a sliver of joy. 

• 1 month later...

Don't know where to post this but I was watching 1st EP of Edgerunner on Netflix, just ~15 mins in drives home the point that  what a sh*t place Night City is to live with all it's AnCap chutiyapa going on, I guess it's because the anime is from the PoV of some random poor kid and his poor mom, not some gun toting mercenary and the Keanu Reeves ghost in his head :rofl:

14 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Don't know where to post this but I was watching 1st EP of Edgerunner on Netflix, just ~15 mins in drives home the point that  what a sh*t place Night City is to live with all it's AnCap chutiyapa going on, I guess it's because the anime is from the PoV of some random poor kid and his poor mom, not some gun toting mercenary and the Keanu Reeves ghost in his head :rofl:

Night City is utter sh*t equally for everyone. Even if you are a Gun-Toting Mercenary with a Corpo Life Path (The Best you can get) - the city is still sh*t. The only ones for whom the city is not sh*t (In a conventional way) are the head homchos like Arasaka and his closest followers - and even for them it's sh*t in a different way.

Game hammers that point.

So just bought this, already have a save just before the point of no return "meet hanako at embers" from my previous playthrough on :zodka: copy almost a year back.

I'm totally lost so want to start a new game, with a proper build this time, what all do y'all suggest for a balanced build? i.e something that is jack of all trades but can specialize into something like hacking etc.

Also what "unique" weapons to get? in my current save I only have johnny silverhand's pistol( forgot it's name ) it does good damage and can kill in 1-2 headshots, aside from this it's all thrash guns, like the kind you get in RNG drops, looking for something automatic like assault rifle and SMG + a good shotgun, there is also a "railgun" in my ineventory, guess it's called a "power" weapon, want one of these too in unique form.