Playstation Network Sales

Blueelvis_RoXXX

Guys , Quick opinion poll , Hades @ Rs.1399/- vs Last of us 2 @ 1499/-. Which ones the better deal ? This is on the PSN store. 

Better in the sense , which is more likely to come back on sale at the same price sooner ? 

The thing I've learnt after getting the PS5 Digital Edition, is that almost all games come to a sale after some time (2-3 months in the case of older games).

Best thing to do is keep it added to your wishlist and turn on notifications when there's a sale. You will be notified, if the price suits you then, pull the trigger.

Having said that, out of the two games you've mentioned above, it totally boils down to what kind of game you want to play sooner. Always go with that feeling and buy that game. Then, buy the other one when it's on the next sale (generally in 2-3 months time), it could possibly even be slightly cheaper than it is now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The thing I've learnt after getting the PS5 Digital Edition, is that almost all games come to a sale after some time (2-3 months in the case of older games).

Best thing to do is keep it added to your wishlist and turn on notifications when there's a sale. You will be notified, if the price suits you then, pull the trigger.

Having said that, out of the two games you've mentioned above, it totally boils down to what kind of game you want to play sooner. Always go with that feeling and buy that game. Then, buy the other one when it's on the next sale (generally in 2-3 months time), it could possibly even be slightly cheaper than it is now.

Ya very true , I bought Hades coz I knew that i.ll play it much sooner than Last of Us 2. But then I went through my library and I realized that I have a ton of games in my backlog so I probably shouldn't have bought either ?. Happens to me every sale , I decide that i.ll finish all the games I have first and then buy new games, LOL.  I'm also waiting till I get a newer TV to play some of the games as I'm still on a 1080p TV so there.s that. 

Also , some games don't get these huge discounts , like for instance Sekiro , I've never seen it fall below 1750/- on the store. And that game has been around for so long. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Guys , Quick opinion poll , Hades @ Rs.1399/- vs Last of us 2 @ 1499/-. Which ones the better deal ? This is on the PSN store. 

Better in the sense , which is more likely to come back on sale at the same price sooner ? 

you can see the sales trend on this website - www.psprices.com & then make your call. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jak3072 said:

you can see the sales trend on this website - www.psprices.com & then make your call. 

Oh nice,  this is a pretty cool website. I'm gonna save it for future reference. I've already purchased Hades for now. Not buying anything till 2023 now. ( Unless there are some crazy discounts  ?‍♂️

On 1/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, Killer_Bot said:

I'm selling 1500 (1000 + 500) worth of PSN wallet top-up codes @ 10% off i.e. 1350 (900 + 450). Anybody interested can DM/PM me 

This is fine as interesting folks are lurking around here, but deal should happen only via PM and mutual trust. No discussions here

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 1:49 AM, VelivolusDas said:

Curious to know why did you get the digital edition? Isnt it ultimately much more costly in the long run?

4 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

Curious to know why did you get the digital edition? Isnt it ultimately much more costly in the long run?

2 reasons:

- That was the only one I was able to add to my cart during my 4th attempt to buy a PS5.

- In hindsight, apart from special/collector's editions, I wasn't buying any discs for the PS4 especially in the last few years. So, I thought, why not.

In terms of cost, yes, it's obviously more expensive. I have an elder brother who I share the cost with, for of most the games. It's still more expensive than the 'buy-sell-buy' concept of the physical discs.

Personally, I don't sell my games. Last games I sold were on the PS3.

8 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

2 reasons:

- That was the only one I was able to add to my cart during my 4th attempt to buy a PS5.

- In hindsight, apart from special/collector's editions, I wasn't buying any discs for the PS4 especially in the last few years. So, I thought, why not.

In terms of cost, yes, it's obviously more expensive. I have an elder brother who I share the cost with, for of most the games. It's still more expensive than the 'buy-sell-buy' concept of the physical discs.

Personally, I don't sell my games. Last games I sold were on the PS3.

If you dont sell , digital is a better choice

7 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

If you dont sell , digital is a better choice

I personally really value the convenience of digital of not having to carry around my entire collection with me on physical discs. For older games, digital when they go on sale is an excellent option. For latest games though, being able to sell physical discs after use is a lifesaver, coz 5k for a few days of play is basically unaffordable. These Single player games really lose most of their charm on a second play through.

17 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

I personally really value the convenience of digital of not having to carry around my entire collection with me on physical discs. For older games, digital when they go on sale is an excellent option. For latest games though, being able to sell physical discs after use is a lifesaver, coz 5k for a few days of play is basically unaffordable. These Single player games really lose most of their charm on a second play through.

Yeah . i have been buy> Play > Sell for every single new game . 

And always buy digital games below 1000.

17 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Yeah . i have been buy> Play > Sell for every single new game . 

And always buy digital games below 1000.

I think the same whenever i buy a game but during the course of time when i play it, idk i always get attached to the game and then I don’t wanna sell it. It may sound weird but the sense of ownership pleasures me in a weird way. 

5 hours ago, assassin171 said:

I think the same whenever i buy a game but during the course of time when i play it, idk i always get attached to the game and then I don’t wanna sell it. It may sound weird but the sense of ownership pleasures me in a weird way. 

I just think about the next game that I can buy with that money and the pleasure of ownership goes away :rofl:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, assassin171 said:

It's the best approach. 

I buy and sell new games that I want to play on day 1.... and if I think they are worth holding onto forever, I buy them later when they get cheaper. 

Either way, the asking price of digital games is just not worth it for me. They should at least be 30% cheaper than physical, as the money goes directly to them and it has no logistical cost. 

• Like 2