Playstation Network Sales

Blueelvis_RoXXX

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

It's the best approach. 

I buy and sell new games that I want to play on day 1.... and if I think they are worth holding onto forever, I buy them later when they get cheaper. 

Either way, the asking price of digital games is just not worth it for me. They should at least be 30% cheaper than physical, as the money goes directly to them and it has no logistical cost. 

This.

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They can't reduce digital price because then retailers (who stock their consoles) will be pissed. 

For how long? Pc games, Movies and music are overwhelming digital. Just a matter of time for console games. Retailers know that it is inevitable. They can’t do anything about Gamepass and the rumored playstation counterpart 

Edited by Mysteryman

36 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

For how long? Pc games, Movies and music are overwhelming digital. Just a matter of time for console games. Retailers know that it is inevitable. They can’t do anything about Gamepass and the rumored playstation counterpart 

Brick and mortar gaming stores mainly serve the console gaming audience. They drive a significant portion of console sales and MS/Sony can’t just antagonize them. It is likely that these stores will become irrelevant over a period of time, but definitely not this generation.

Edited by l33tmaniac

9 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Brick and mortar gaming stores mainly serve the console gaming audience. They drive a significant portion of console sales and MS/Sony can’t just antagonize them. It is likely that these stores will become irrelevant over a period of time, but definitely not this generation.

9 hours ago, AnK said:

Antagonising them is as equivalent to Movie producers launching high budget movies on streaming day1. 

In gaming,retail = theatres 

True. But As time goes, many jobs, products and industries (especially blue collar) have paved way for newer, safer and more convenient/efficient technologies. 

It is in evident that we have to upskill and adapt over time.