Game prices expected to go up further in India

I have different opinion about this. If people aren't going to buy then why they are gonna bring them here.

Just see the general inflation and taxes which have gone up in last 2 years, which means the distris profits keep on reducing.

And with higher exchange rate the revenue goes back to publisher keeps reducing. Sony and Nintendo have the same problem.

They manufacture games in high cost environments and cannot bring their costs down when selling to countries like India. Why manufacture games outside India at all?! Why not manufacture blu rays here in India and reap lots and lots of profit?

They manufacture games in high cost environments and cannot bring their costs down when selling to countries like India. Why manufacture games outside India at all?! Why not manufacture blu rays here in India and reap lots and lots of profit?

Gaming market in India is very small

Some 130,000 PS3s sold in India .. Xbox 360 sales would be even lower .

Why the manufacturers would take a risk for such a niche market ??

PC gaming is all togheter a different thing in India

what kind of analogy is this, just because you can't afford something does not mean you have to start stealing it. Buy less games and quality games, with more replay ability value.

Haha ..

Sad to say but what he said is completely TRUE

Cost of manufacturing is just a fraction of the development cost, import and distribution is expansive and that is the problem.

Doesnt make sense to have all those things if the best selling games do not even cross 10k copies.

Well Sony will be manufacturing PS3 games in India, so they surely do see some profit in that even if the install base is only 130,000. Seeing that, others will follow the suit as they did with PS2.

360 has only 40-50000 consoles sold, and a major percentage of them were modded thereby reducing software sales even more, and a small % would be RROD replacements, so not expecting MS to manufacture games here.

^^ Well what's the point in manufacturing games in India when the console is at the end of its cycle , since next gen consoles are coming out in late 2013 as per the latest rumors.Even if they support the console till 2016 all the games coming out will be a bunch of third party titles like FIFA , WWE ... etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but out of the whole secondary sector, manufacturing disks ought to be the cheapest, whats the cost? An empty Blu-ray disk (or DVD-which is even cheaper) and a mass DVD/Blu-ray burner (and obvosuly a nice net connection for game transfer) max fixed cost shouldn't be above 50 Lakhs (Totally baseless approximation)- which is nothing for a large company, and the variable cost <1000Rs per disk. dont think manufacturing presents a problem.

Correct me if I am wrong but out of the whole secondary sector, manufacturing disks ought to be the cheapest, whats the cost? An empty Blu-ray disk (or DVD-which is even cheaper) and a mass DVD/Blu-ray burner (and obvosuly a nice net connection for game transfer) max fixed cost shouldn't be above 50 Lakhs (Totally baseless approximation)- which is nothing for a large company, and the variable cost <1000Rs per disk. dont think manufacturing presents a problem.

You don't say....

Have you guys purchased any blu-rays pressed in India?

Most of them come with MRP of 1299, going by your logic they all should have been 500-600 Rs.

I dont know from where you got that MRP of 1299, but I can see on FK that non-discounted price of many (almost 90%) Hindi BRs is around 600-700.

http://www.flipkart.com/browse/all-blu-ray-format-movies?filter=language%3AHindi&ref=fce9ebf3-6736-44e1-a03b-70ddc7cd1c08

I dont know from where you got that MRP of 1299, but I can see on FK that non-discounted price of many (almost 90%) Hindi BRs is around 600-700.

http://www.flipkart.com/browse/all-blu-ray-format-movies?filter=language%3AHindi&ref=fce9ebf3-6736-44e1-a03b-70ddc7cd1c08

Why are you comparing with hindi blurays, do you think all english blurays are imported?

Why are you comparing with hindi blurays, do you think all english blurays are imported?

So we should ignore cheaper blu rays because something else is sold at higher price and then argue about how it would not be much profitable? Really?

Because you completely rely on the fact that price of a software heavily base on cost of replication. Like there are no legalities involved in getting the content (produced by other countries) here and there is no cost involved in it.

Like there are no legalities involved in getting the content (produced by other countries) here and there is no cost involved in it.

In terms of games, the manufacturers are game owners themselves, whereas when it comes to movies, the disc makers need to get rights from movie makers. For example EROS needs to get the content from Sony, Fox etc. But when it comes to games, Sony will be manufacturing their own content. So obviously it will be less complicated compared to movies.

You are comparing apples to oranges here.

Archived