Game prices expected to go up further in India

So, if you knew that, what was your point? :mellow:

Because you are not understanding that even if you start manufacturing games locally you simply cannot offset some of the overheads, you can avoid customs and import but you will attract some other taxes/cost and the final pricing will remain same. Then you may not even get some of titles, because the sales expectations would be lower than minimum no. of copies required to be pressed.

The expected revenue by the publishers for each game isn't going to get lowered, and since the installbase is very low, the no of copies isn't going to get increased to double even if you lower the price to 50%.

With increasing price and number of games released, gamer need to stick with games they like and enjoy,, you are not supposed to enjoy and buy every game released,,.at game developer/publisher side, they need to release quality number games with sensible pricing and logical release date, don't release multiple AAA title at the same time and expect us to buy them at day one,,

Sent from Motorola Defy using Tapatalk 2

Duties and currency exchanges aside, there's a lot of other stuff that goes into pricing a game.

Biggest of all is the platform owner royalty. Sony and MS don't make most of their money on hardware, they make it on games. Sony makes money each time a PS3 game is sold, even if its a EA or Ubisoft game. Same goes for MS.

Secondly, there are distributor and retailer margins.

Thirdly, there's the publisher's minimum margin which has to be charged to make up the cost of not only development, but also marketing. That's why a AAA game will always remain the most expensive - costlier to make, more heavily marketed.

Lastly, if a PS3 game manufactured here is too cheap, the fact that its entirely English means that it will be illegally exported in large quantities. We'll only start seeing really cheap PS3 games here once most of the world has moved onto the PS4.

Someone pointed out that there are only 130,000 ps3 in india .. That number is not accurate bcz its the number of ps3 sold here .. While many ppl buy them and bring them here from saudi n all ... So there are more ps3 here if the games were better priced ppl wud buy them from here oly ... My frnds stil buy games from saudi n mascat n stuff

Because you are not understanding that even if you start manufacturing games locally you simply cannot offset some of the overheads, you can avoid customs and import but you will attract some other taxes/cost and the final pricing will remain same. Then you may not even get some of titles, because the sales expectations would be lower than minimum no. of copies required to be pressed.

The expected revenue by the publishers for each game isn't going to get lowered, and since the installbase is very low, the no of copies isn't going to get increased to double even if you lower the price to 50%.

But then how is Sony expecting to go below 1000 for older titles?

They are not only saving in customs/imports but on many other things too like labour costs , savings in logistics (as they could directly supply distributors without any involvement of foreign entity) , taxes levied are lesser than import duties ..

Not to mention currency fluctuations which could all be sorted out if games are produced locally

Nevertheless it's a huge risk .. Sony would surely be thinking of exporting PS3 games if they are produced locally

The games in Saudi n Muscat are actually costlier

Only hardware is cheaper there

this .. so much .....

im muscat new games are ... 26 omr thats ... 3 718.84471 rs

hardware is sh*t cheap though ..... for new stuff

this .. so much .....

im muscat new games are ... 26 omr thats ... 3 718.84471 rs

hardware is sh*t cheap though ..... for new stuff

I know ..

Some 3 years back I ordered Gears of War 2 from my uncle staying in Saudi

It was priced 3400 that time while in India same game was going for 2500 rupees :lol:

While on the other side my uncle bought a PS3 there for 16k while the same model in India was for 22k

But then how is Sony expecting to go below 1000 for older titles?

No one would stop them if they want to.

But apply some logic, how much a game which sold less than 5000 copies is going to sell in reprints? And if cost is the deciding factor for people to buy a game, how the new game going to be received when they share shelf space with titles which are dirt cheap?

You have GoW3 for 1000 and GoW4 for 2700. Why would any retailer would like to sell GoW3 knowing the customer is just going to buy one of them?

Month I meant the price tak is 2499 ... But when u go to bill itl b at 699

Thanks for letting me know :)

I thought they wanted to troll us

Will visit Reliance digital, crossword, landmark, eZone etc someday for classic old games (from old stock :D)

Archived