The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

Some really amazing animes this season. This is turning out to be one of the best anime seasons overall. Highly urge you guys to watch these (If you're not already watching them). Posting with some amazing images I found just for fun (And because this topic is not that active anyway, so hopefully this might generate more interest) 

1) Astra: Lost in Space

kanata_no_astra_blog.png

astra01.jpg

2) Dr. Stone:

crunchyroll-dr-stone-opening-theme-trail

1dd74035903b2c2f78ad131f6344a84915532577

3) Vinland Saga:

img_20190206_144321749253587-e1549473937

l_ZyMrAlASr6vJGYmVOlSX9mi7g9Wkw7ZuRAIaI-

4) Fire Force:

hfywihfryri21.jpg?auto=webp&s=08654b5ce4

latest?cb=20190326185953

5) The Case Files of Lord El Malloi II (Anime set in the Fate Universe, but without the Holy Grail War, Servants etc.)

Promo-Image.jpg?fit=1280,720&ssl=1

81c188d67cb91a2944e6f7c35659cfe615462707

6) To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts:

9.iXC6Otut.jpg

Fecha-de-estreno-y-tr%C3%A1iler-de-To-th

Overall, this is turning out to be one of the best seasons for anime releases yet.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I haven't watched any of these lol.

Anyway I'm really hoping they're on Prime/Netflix, its more convenient. 

Im pretty sure Vinland Saga is on Amazon Prime tho.

You're in for a treat. These animes have some excellent story-telling and are some of the best anime you can get. If you want a brief synopsis (descriptions I'm writing myself or taking from Myanimelist):

1) Astra Lost in Space:

This is set in the future. During this time, space travel is possible and has been perfected for ordinary citizens. Students of a school are to be sent to a summer camp on another planet, and to be left alone for a couple of days (Some 5 days or so before their teacher picks them up) so that they learn to stay alone and be independent. But after some time, while they are alone a wormhole suddenly opens up and transports the entire group some 5000 years away, and throws them into space. They somehow (luckily) find an abandoned spaceship there. But it's abandoned, old, floating around by itself. They somehow have to get to it, get it working and somehow have to survive and try to get back to their home-world

It's an amazing sci-fi space opera and adventure anime. Highly recommended watch. One of the best animes overall

2) Dr Stone:

One day, suddenly, all humanity is turned to stone. After several thousands of years, one boy is released from this petrification. Now, he must learn to survive and manage in a world where he, and some 2-3 more people are the only ones who are not stone statues

3) Vinland Saga:

A historical anime. This tells the story of the time during which Vikings were discovering America. It's the story of a boy called Thorfinn, who seeks revenge after his father was murdered. Again, another amazing anime.

4) Fire Force (Description takes from MAL*):

Year 198 of the Solar Era in Tokyo, special fire brigades are fighting against a phenomenon called spontaneous human combustion where humans beings are turned into living infernos called "Infernals." While the Infernals are first generation cases of spontaneous human combustion, later generations possess the ability to manipulate flames while retaining human form. Shinra Kusakabe, a youth who gained the nickname Devil's Footprints for his ability to ignite his feet at will, joins the Special Fire Force Company 8 which composes of other flames users as they work to extinguish any Infernals they encounter. As a faction that is creating Infernals appears, Shira begins to uncover the truth behind a mysterious fire that caused the death of his family twelve years ago.

5) The Case Files of Lord El Malloi II (Description taken from MAL*):

When Lord El-Melloi II, once known as Waver Velvet (Master of Alexander the Great in Fate/Zero), gets asked to claim his inheritance over Adra Castle, he travels there with his apprentice Gray to do so. But they are not the only ones called that way. The will of the previous owner states that the assembled contestants—including Luviagelita Edelfelt—must compete in a game of wits to win the castle.

6) To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (Description taken from MAL*):

During a protracted civil war that pitted the North against the South, the outnumbered Northerners used dark magical arts to create monstrous super-soldiers—Incarnates. Now that the war has ended, those Sacred Beasts must learn how to make their way in a peaceful society, or face death at the hands of a Beast Hunter...

Nancy Schaal Bancroft, the daughter of an Incarnate soldier who met an untimely end at the hands of one such Beast Hunter, turns to hunting the hunter herself. But once she catches up with her quarry, she discovers hard truths about the lives of the Incarnates...

* MAL - www.myanimelist.net

AFAIK only Vinland Saga is on Prime. For the others, you have to unfortunately go for *ahem* sources sadly.

Edited by roun90

On 8/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, Chirag2001 said:

@roun90  Thanks a lot, that was helpful!

Do you know any romance based anime?

Don't watch much straight up romance anymore, so will be posting a lot of older anime, which was damn fun and I loved when I was younger (Except one or two). Again with images, since it's fun. Some(At least one) of these are anime movies. Many are romance+comedy, though some may be serious (Will write if it's serious)

1) Kimi no Na Wa (Called "Your Name in English) (This is a serious anime movie):

kimi-no-na-wa-your-name-mitsuha-miyamizu

1*7cA1uz3PkYrc5F3PxRQ_OQ.png

2) Ah My Goddess (Romance+Comedy)(This is one of the cassics of romance anime and highly recommended)

201444-aliya06.jpg

thumb-1920-406317.jpg

3) School Rumble (Highly, Highly Recommended - You will die from laughter)

rumble-wallpaper.jpg

School.Rumble.full.221828.jpg

4) Tonari no Seki Kun (The Name translates to Seki Kun - Master of Wasting Time -A newer anime, but absolutely hilarious and will give you tons of ideas for school. The title itself should tell you for what)

wp2400018.jpg

1400120622587.jpg

5) Ai Yori Aoshi (Another classic romance anime. This is again absolutely hilarious and will hit you in the feels at the same time)

219575.jpg

ai-yori-aoshi-wallpapers-25700-5232591.j

6) Fate/Unlimited Blade Works (If you want romance + action, this is the best; amazing animation by UFOTable - one of the best anime companies in the enttire industry as a bonus; An Amazing Story to boot as well)

thumb-1920-699640.png

wp1991643.jpg

wp1991633.jpg

thumb-1920-785425.png

Hope this helps and you enjoy :)

Thank you for all the recommendations, I've seen the first two and they were brilliant.

A recommendation from my side:
Your Lie in April

It's not a typical high school romance anime, but in my opinion it's the best anime I've watched yet, and you'll say the same if you decide to watch it. The anime is so beautiful, with the flow of events, the music, and the graceful animation that I urge everyone on the forum to give it a try.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@chirag Thanks a lot. But these days I generally don't go for pure romance unless they've got an awesome story or funny etc. to back it up. Most of the anime I posted (Except Kimi no na wa and Seki Kun are what I watched when I was a teen, some 10 years ago)

Oh yeah, I forgot one. This is probably one of the most hilarious anime I've ever watched. This is a legendary anime/manga that won a ton of awards. It's not a straight up romance per-se. But there are some romantic elements. It's also damn funny as hell. It's about a person who is a Yakuza type character, who somehow becomes a teacher. And helps students in tons of ways. Also the students themselves are geniuses, and rebel against the teacher to run him out of school (They do that with all teachers). The other staff are also out to try to kick him out (Except the Principal) because as I said, he's a delinquent type of character. Again highly recommended, and this anime spawned a genre of it's own. It's called:

Great Teacher Onizuka:

wp2172664.jpg

Great.Teacher.Onizuka.full.291267.jpg

Great.Teacher.Onizuka.full.958844.jpg

GTO-uchiyamada-wallpaper-560x420.jpg

• Heaven Angel changed the title to The Anime and Manga thread