The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

On 12/6/2019 at 2:13 AM, VelivolusDas said:

^^ Wolf Children is amazing. Will keep an eye out for The Boy and The Beast.

Yeah, I've heard really good things about Wolf Children. Will watch both these movies soon.

I really loved the director's earlier movies (The Girl who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sadpixel said:

Anyone know where I can watch Your name and Weathering with you?

Don't think any streaming sites in India have those. Also, Weathering With You just played in Indian theaters some 2-3 months ago. Considering how long it took for the Ghibli films to come here (Seriously those films are masterpieces from 1981 or so onwards and we are receiving them now), I think your best bet is to go for *ahem* version.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Hi, I was thinking of rewatching Weathering with You, any idea where I can see it? Its not on Prime OR Netflix unfortunately.

I don't think it's available anywhere. It's blu-ray release date is supposedly May 27th. So you'll probably have to wait till then.

------------

Next batch of Ghibli movies is live on Netflix. It includes Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbors the Yamadas, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, Arrietty, and The Tale of The Princess Kaguya.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

5 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I don't think it's available anywhere. It's blu-ray release date is supposedly May 27th. So you'll probably have to wait till then.

Yeah but since its an anime movie idk if it will actually be available then.

Also, Ive never bought Blu-ray movies before, but the PS4 should be able to play em right, considering the game discs we use are blurays too?

I might buy this one, if the price is alright. But first I'm gonna head down the torrent hole

6 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Also, Ive never bought Blu-ray movies before, but the PS4 should be able to play em right, considering the game discs we use are blurays too?

I might buy this one, if the price is alright. But first I'm gonna head down the torrent hole

For Blu-ray movie discs, there are region restrictions. Just make sure you are buying a disc compatible with the region that your PS4 was purchased from.

8 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

For Blu-ray movie discs, there are region restrictions. Just make sure you are buying a disc compatible with the region that your PS4 was purchased from.

Oh well Im probably screwed then, I got my PS4 Pro from the US, and Im pretty sure the Blu-ray movies sold here are Asia/EU.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Oh well Im probably screwed then, I got my PS4 Pro from the US, and Im pretty sure the Blu-ray movies sold here are Asia/EU.

Thanks for the heads up!

Would love to support official releases. But unfortunately, in India almost all animes - you have to go for *ahem* versions. I doubt you will find even Blu-Rays here. Even amazon does not keep it. You might find books of Kimi No Na Wa and Weathering with You, but no movies. And even importing is a gamble, since Blu-Rays are region locked. I tried searching for it legally, but could not find it anywhere. That's the sad part of being an anime fan in India. At least now they are releasing in theaters and we saw it there legally to support it. Best bet is for you to wait for a Netflix or Amazon Prime release.

On another note, I saw this anime recently. And I would recommend it to everyone here. Especially if you are a fan of slice-of-life, comedy, heartwarming stories and innocent childish romance, it's highly recommended

MV5BNGFhNjAyZWUtZjY3OC00OTA3LTk2ZjItMTRl

*ahem* version unfortunately

Also, this one is a bit old and more well known, but if you are looking for an action, comedy and heartwarming story, this is also a must

19-196232_assassination-classroom-wallpa

It's Assassination Classroom and the entire series is available on Netflix. 

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

That's what I meant by the blu-ray release date :P

You won't be able to find any decent copy online without the blu-ray first being out there. So you will have to wait for May 27 anyway.

• Haha 1

@roun90 Ooh that sounds right up my alley, Im definitely gonna watch that. Slice-of-life, romance, comedy? Exactly what I need. 

I did watch Assassination Classroom on Netflix though, it was fun! I ended up still downloading all of it via *ahem* but yeah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

@roun90 Ooh that sounds right up my alley, Im definitely gonna watch that. Slice-of-life, romance, comedy? Exactly what I need. 

I did watch Assassination Classroom on Netflix though, it was fun! I ended up still downloading all of it via *ahem* but yeah

Enjoy!! Not many people know about that anime, but whoever watched it - loved it (Including me). Oh and do share your opinion about it later if possible.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to The Anime and Manga thread