The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

You guys have a guilty pleasure anime?

Mine's Sword Art Online. I rewatch it all the time, even though everybody roasts it and the story is kinda meh. The concept is so good though that it could really have been amazing. 

I was gonna go watch this anime called Hyouka. Thought I'd check out a trailer or something on Youtube first. Turns out the entire thing is on Youtube, 22 eps in a neat playlist. 

"Energy-saving" high school student Houtarou Oreki's way of life is to avoid getting involved with others and their activities. Things takes a turn when he is implored by his sister to join the Kamiyama High School Classic Literature Club to prevent its abolishment. To his surprise, the club gains some members and together, they begin to investigate an old mystery left behind by the club in the 1960s.

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Anybody on here watched Tora Dora? 

Watched some 10 years ago I guess. But from what I remember, I don't like it. Don't like abusive relationships in anime - whether it be boys hitting girls or girls hitting boys (And they are still in love/in relationship - because it's totally great and acceptable to hit/abuse the other significant half continuously just to hide your embarrassment). In case of Tora Dora, it's more like the girl keeps on hitting/physically abusing the boy, and they still are in a relationship. Some 10 years ago, such animes were a fad and there were tons of such anime shows. It's great that such shows have stopped (At least for me). It's kinda the reason I hated Inuyasha as well, though otherwise the anime was decent and I might have liked it. But the main girl was a b**ch 

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Watched some 10 years ago I guess. But from what I remember, I don't like it. Don't like abusive relationships in anime - whether it be boys hitting girls or girls hitting boys (And they are still in love/in relationship - because it's totally great and acceptable to hit/abuse the other significant half continuously just to hide your embarrassment). In case of Tora Dora, it's more like the girl keeps on hitting/physically abusing the boy, and they still are in a relationship. Some 10 years ago, such animes were a fad and there were tons of such anime shows. It's great that such shows have stopped (At least for me). It's kinda the reason I hated Inuyasha as well, though otherwise the anime was decent and I might have liked it. But the main girl was a b**ch 

Hmmm okay. I don't know much, all I heard is that its a slice of life, high-school anime. You have any recs of the type, Id be happy to hear them. 

I'll check it out, and get back to you if I liked Tora Dora

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is just a really good song, been listening for a couple days straight now, but damn, the animation in this video is soo good.

Wish more anime had this style of animation (similar to Weathering with You)

Don’t see a manga thread so I post it here. 

Many mangas have delayed due to COVID-19 including this month chapter of Attack on Titan for the first time in 10 years.:(

Been reading these awesome Akame ga kill series. They are a bit depressing as they are known as the Game of thrones of anime. 

DxwE4dSU8AE8kux.jpg:large

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbWqNJ1CGmAl-HDFQLtbx

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz2N_u-GWtVchaUjtxzD5

Edited by Mysteryman

@Mysteryman Whoa, we can share mangas on here? If so, there are tons of manga that are absolutely wonderful - but get overlooked by anime makers completely. I think amime actually covers maybe some 10% manga (If I'm being generous), and  sometimes animes come out so far in the future and become a hit - but the manga actually started man years before (Many hits like Darwin's Game, Kingdom, Vinland Saga and many more are victims to this). If we can share mangas over here, recommendations will be awesome.

Some of my favorites -

1) Cage of Eden:

9781632361257.jpg

Summary (From Wikipedia)Middle schooler Akira Sengoku and his class are flying back to Japan from their school trip to Guam, along with other classes from their school and various passengers. But their trip takes an unexpected turn when their plane hits turbulence and crashes on a Pacific island. After recovering from being unconscious, Akira learns from his friends that they are on a mysterious island filled with extinct prehistoric creatures and plants. With nowhere to go, Akira leads a small group of survivors to find others like them. They search for a way to get home, fighting off the island's savage creatures and encountering other survivors who have gone mad. Along the way, they will discover the mysteries of the island. Was their crash really an accident? What secrets lie buried underground... and will they survive long enough to find out?

2) Liar Game

Kq3VuF.jpg

Summary: See Image Above

3) C.M.B

HNNBrV4yhTBo8fop8mTeuvV70vFO5uwipk3nJEOM

SummaryWe all know that a lot of the booty of the golden age of explorations made it into museums. The British Museum in the C.M.B. story, which had custody of the recondite scientific curiosities and artifacts collected by explorer/adventurers and stored in a Wunderkammer, decided to study the dusty arcana in the 19th century. Three investigators dubbed the "Magi" were appointed to do the research, each given a ring embossed with the letters C.M.B.

Fast-forward to present-day Japan where Sakaki Shinra is the curator of a museum of oddities. He now has possession of the C.M.B. rings, indicating that he has been granted the status of guardian of knowledge like the Magi that preceded him

It is a companion work of the Q.E.D. manga. The story revolves around the detective Shinra as he solves mystery cases related to murder, fraud, etc. along with his classmate Tatsuki. It sometime features characters from Q.E.D. as a crossover special.

4) Kurosagi: The Black Swindler

Kurosagi.full.1514244.jpg

Summary: White swindlers (shirosagi) are those that cheat people to take their money, red swindlers (akasagi) are those that swindle the opposite sex, and black swindlers (kurosagi) are those that cheat the white and red swindlers. After his family is swindled by white swindlers, Kurosagi sets out to avenge them by becoming a black swindler.

Six years ago, Kurosaki's family was destroyed when a "shirosagi" (a "white swindler", who focuses on defrauding others) swindled Kurosaki's father of their family's life savings. As a result, his father killed Kurosaki's mother and sister before committing suicide. Since then, Kurosaki has devoted himself to becoming a "kurosagi" ("black swindler"), who swindles other swindlers, as a means of revenge.

As a "kurosagi," Kurosaki's acts have helped innocent victims of swindling schemes get their money back. However, he is frequently met with opposition by a stubborn grad student, who seeks to become a prosecutor.

5) Enigma

crop.php?r=S_SS5gQLlsh5cAIQR-ncXaxAFztSq

Summary: Haiba Sumio is a student at a Tokyo High School with an interesting ability... He occasionally falls asleep and wakes up with premonitions of the future written out on his "Dream Diary". With this ability, Sumio helps out people in trouble before anything bad happens, until one day when his peaceful life completely changes.

6) Angel Densetsu

maxresdefault.jpg

Summary: Angel Densetsu is a story about Seiichirō Kitano, a kind and naive boy with the heart of an angel, but the sinister looks of a devil. This paired with his horrible luck and awkward social skills causes many misunderstandings, leading people to assume that he is a delinquent and heroin addict, and (unbeknownst to himself) results in a career as the head thug, or "school guardian" at his new school.

A superb comedy and heart warming must-read story

(Source for all summaries): Google, Wikipedia and Baka-Manga

(Source for all Images): Google

I tried to take only mangas that are lesser known, but I still love, and I don't think any have an anime yet

Edited by roun90

13 hours ago, Shantz said:

Just search for the title :P It's from "Domestic na Kanojo"

Thanks man. I searched for the anime, and read the description. This is vv creepy, please don't watch this lmao

The song's really good though!

• Heaven Angel changed the title to The Anime and Manga thread

@roun90 , I see you have posted Liar game here. Wiki says it finished it's run. Have you read it completely? Does the initial mystery/thrill last till the end? I remember starting it and liking the premise but not sure why i stopped it though.