The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

ANIME

So, what is anime? Anime is the most common word used by fans to refer to Japanese Animation.

Is anime the same as cartoon? Technically yes, however for anime fans, anime is not cartoon. See the definition above, anime refers to Japanese animation. So, the rule of thumb is as simple as: if it's not originated from Japan then it's not an anime (while the contrary is not true).

People usually think that anime is the animated version of japanese comic (manga). While in most cases this is true, however, not all anime is based on manga. For example, some anime are based on video games like Sakura Taisen and Tales of Eternia.

(info from http://www.animenfo.com)

Here u can talk about all kinds of anime and whatever u want to chat about anime.........

(didnt find any anime topics so started one)

• Like 7

have watched(in no particular order):-

1)Dragon BAll Z(this is an obvious thing if ppl dont know about anime then still they must have seen this one)(have watched all 276 eps which i think cartoon network will show at the end of this century)

2)Fullmetal Alchemist

3)Naruto(till ep 135)

4)Deathnote

5)Cowboy Beebop

6)Baccano!

7)Gilgamesh

8)Ninku

9)Trinity Blood

10)Black Cat

11)Gun X Sword

12)Shigurui

13)Magikano

14)God!Save our King

15)Fate/Stay Night

and many many more.............

have watched dozens of anime on Animax but cant remember the names right now will update the post when i remember the anime i had watched or when i watch a new one

• Like 2

You have become so used to the habit of spamming that you'll do it even when you know your post count won't increase...

As for anime movies... Ghost In The Shell, Cowboy Bebop and Akira are classics!

• Like 1

Hello anime brothers!!!! Currently im watchin Bleach...others animes which r currently coming into my mind are :

Dragon Ball Series, Trigun, Blood +, Initial D, Hellsing, YuYu Hakusho, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, Fatal Fury the movies, Shurato, Samurai 7, Gundam series, Final Fantasy, Gungrave, Prince of Tennis...n a heck lot more i cant seem to remember right now...

Hv been watching animes since 96'

Edited by K'dash
  • Like 1

• Heaven Angel changed the title to The Anime and Manga thread