The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

• 2 weeks later...

Any Kaguya-Sama fan here? Or am I the only weird one?

On 6/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, playstationdude said:

Any news on One punch man season 3? Hope we dont have to wait 4 years before the next season.

Hopefully next year but the wait is song long that I started reading the manga

Edited by Aloy
Misspelled

• 2 weeks later...

Fall anime is gonna be good. Over the past couple of years I always like the fall seasonal anime, hopefully we have a few strong entries.

A-1 will bring something good to the table as always :) 

Edited by Chirag2001

What I'm most excited for.

I know everybody's fed up of isekai and everything, but I'm a big fan of Sword Art Online, and this is almost the same thing so I'm pumped.

Also manga readers have said the manga is actually pretty solid.

15 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Does anybody here own any physical manga? Where did you and buy and stuff? 

Bought it a Delhi book fair. Could only find a few volumes of the manga.

Nodame Cantabille. Its a pretty good manga/anime. Saw it on Animax back in 2010/11.

FK /Amazon and a few good bookstores like Crosswords, Om book store, Teksons etc still carry manga.

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

Does anybody here own any physical manga? Where did you and buy and stuff? 

I have some naruto shippuden manga volume, got it from Landmark, most of these high end bookshops will keep afaik.

Just make sure the shop is also located in a posh area, because they won't stock japaneez comics if nobody is buying :P

btw normal manga is black and white and reads back to front :ko:

I have heard that full colorized compilation volumes exist, but never seen one irl.

I've never read manga or seen one irl. Ive seen people going to Japan and buying truckloads of manga though.

The book fair is where I used to buy a good amount of books. A good year would mean 3 trips to the book fair and 30-40 books to read through the rest of the year.

Now with amazon and kindle and stuff its less. Book stores don't even have popular fantasy or fiction books, manga would be a rare find. 

I bought the first two volumes of Akira from Amazon. They were my first manga purchases.

Was planning on buying a volume each month but then the lockdown happened. And now the prices of the remaining volumes have gone up :\

It's a fantastic series though and the artwork is incredibly detailed.

Do you want physical or digital? If you want "Physical" only, then in India - Amazon is your best bet. But right now would be a bad time to buy because prices have all gone up. I brought Gimmick! manga from Amazon (Was really good). Indian brick-and-mortar stores rarely carry mangas (Even Sri Lanka has mangas for pretty cheap and available commonly, but not India for some reason).

Digital mangas are available commonly from Amazon/Bookwalker etc. Do keep an eye out on Humble Bundle though- they offer manga bundles that can contain multiple complete series or even most ofthe series for pretty cheap. Although, for manga fans, most will probably go *ahem* route though.

Fans of Code Geass, just saw Netflix India has uploaded this -

Code.Geass:.Fukkatsu.no.Lelouch.full.278

Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection

This movie is the sequel to the Code Geass Anime (Set after Code Geass Season 2 ended) and was released in Japan in 2019. It's very well reviewed (8.03 in Myanimelist) and now it's on Netflix India. If you are a fan of Code Geass, be sure to watch it!!

• Thanks 1

@roun90 Oh no I was just enquiring. I like books, and I like anime, but in all honesty I'm not really much of a manga person. 

Happy to be consuming the anime adaption though :)

Seasonal anime this year is decent.

I watched the first season of Code Geass a long time ago. At the time I really liked it. Its one of the most popular anime too, but I've forgotten most of it. Will rewatch some time later this year maybe.

For now I'll consume shorter seasonal anime. 

Rewatching Shippuden via a reaction channel on Youtube, almost at the end now. 

Watched the first two episodes of Kanojo Okarishimasu. Its a romcom I guess but it is quite funny so will watch this one. Its the best anime coming out this summer. 

Normally I wouldn't admit this, but I watched Your Name today. Yeah, I knew what is is, and I had the feeling I'd like it too much, so I wanted to be in the perfect mood to watch it.

Ended up taking two years or so, but don't regret it at all.

I knew about the basic premise, and had seen a couple scenes here and there on YT, and the trailer and stuff. Had even watched a non-spoiler 10 min review when it got all the hype.

But yesterday night around 1 AM was perfect.

The story, the characters, the animation, the music, just absolutely magical. It's skyrocketed to my list of favourites, and will cherish this for years to come.

Also makes me appreciate Weathering with You even more now.

Here's hoping Shinkai brings more of his work to Indian cinemas as well, would love to watch the next movie as well. 

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

Fans of Code Geass, just saw Netflix India has uploaded this -

Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection

This movie is the sequel to the Code Geass Anime (Set after Code Geass Season 2 ended) and was released in Japan in 2019. It's very well reviewed (8.03 in Myanimelist) and now it's on Netflix India. If you are a fan of Code Geass, be sure to watch it!!

Holy sh*t!! I loved code grass. Didn't even know it had a sequel movie.