The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

Thanks. I want to get the physical edition so I guess I'll wait for a good price (I have heard it goes below 2k) and pick it up.

Yep, thats how much I bought it for. 

Get it during Diwali Amazon sale. 

• 1 month later...

Been pushing it for years now for the right day, but with Season 4 on the horizon (starts this winter), finally gave in and watched-

ATTACK ON TITAN

Best show. #1. Favourite.

Can't say much more. Glad I waited too, the curiosity might've driven me insane. Watched the whole thing in 5 days or so. 

HYPED FOR SEASON 4!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sfryw0b.png

Watched 'After the rain' (Koi wa Ameagari no Yo ni) recently, and man, it was beautiful. I thought the show was simply about a 17 year old teenager romancing/crushing on her 45 year old boss, but it turned out to be much more than that. It's a show about life, dreams, hopes and passion. Loved the 90s art style (show is from 2018). It has only one season with 12 episodes in total, can be seen on amazon prime. Totally recommend 9/10. 

A great anime for slice of life/romance anime lovers.

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of manga (because of the comic style) but I LOVED the anime so bought Volumes 1 and 2 of Wotakoi.

These cover the entire span of Season 1, available on Prime Video India.

PS. First ever manga! 

img%5D

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Not a huge fan of manga (because of the comic style) but I LOVED the anime so bought Volumes 1 and 2 of Wotakoi.

These cover the entire span of Season 1, available on Prime Video India.

PS. First ever manga! 

img%5D

How's the anime ? I just finished After the rain and Kokoro's connect and was thinking about moving to Death note. Any other recommendations ? PS - I just got into the whole anime and manga thing. Currently looking for all sorts of genre (preference - Slice of life)

2 hours ago, iamgulshan said:

How's the anime ? I just finished After the rain and Kokoro's connect and was thinking about moving to Death note. Any other recommendations ? PS - I just got into the whole anime and manga thing. Currently looking for all sorts of genre (preference - Slice of life)

Wotakoi is THE BEST slice-of-life show out there tbh. 100% must watch. Its on Prime, 11 episodes. 

You can also watch Oregairu, Your Lie in April and Toradora. They're all slice of life with romance elements, but these three are high-school based.

Wotakoi is a proper slice of life show, based on actual adults. 

For other anime:

1. Death Note (Netflix)

2. FMA Brotherhood (Netflix)

3. Code Geass (Netflix)

4. Attack on Titan

5. Vinland Saga (Amz Prime)

These are 5 very popular and highly rated anime, and some of my favourites in the action/adventure/thriller category. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Finished Haikyuu Season 1! Fantastic show, looking forward to the rest, especially the 4th and final season in 2020.

Haikyuu is absolutely amazing. Finished 3 Seasons quickly and watched Season 4 on weekly basis as it was airing at the time.

Story is not yet complete and I can't wait for Season 5. In fact, I'm contemplating reading the manga to finish the story. Only held back by the fact that Haikyuu will not be as good in manga form, since it depends on Sports and Action.

Meanwhile there is going to be a Kabaddi anime on April 2021, which should be fun. Finally an Indian Sport getting exposure

Edited by roun90

I hope this show is good, and can compete. I absolutely love sports shows, but there's a lot of big name releases (like MHA/Dr Stone) in 2021 so this better handle the pressure. 

Fingers crossed that Haikyuu gets renewed for another season then, its great! I'm personally not a manga person, even more so for fast-paced/action shows, but you do you :) 

Is there anything else like Wotakoi? I'm basically looking for slice of life/urban japan/ Tokyo setting, but without extreme amounts of moe/animu cringe like Wotakoi has.

It's ok if the Anime contains some supernatural or sci fi elements also.

Just should be urban life as setting.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Is there anything else like Wotakoi? I'm basically looking for slice of life/urban japan/ Tokyo setting, but without extreme amounts of moe/animu cringe like Wotakoi has.

relive

siren

usagi drop

your lie in april

love is war

kano suba

somali

sakamoto

ancient magus bride

keep hands off eizoukun

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

5 Centimeters Per Second

silent voice

toradora

voilent evergarden

aria

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

1.Gamers! (closest to Wotakoi)

2. Kaguya Sama Love is War (romance) 

3. Your Lie in April (set in the suburbs of Tokyo, but you won't get any of the cringe)

4. Your Name/Weathering With You (famous Shinkai movies, I'm sure you've watched them). They are romance/coming-of-age stories. 

Finally, This is set in Tokyo, and has urban life elements throughout, but its not a slice of life: 5. Terror in Resonance

Highly recommend this one, the dub is great, the music is great, only 10 or 11 episodes. 

• Like 1