The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

Yep - new Shinkai. The poster screams it.

Can't wait - will be watching this in the cinemas like Weathering With You for sure. 

Shinkai movies are always gorgeous, and a fun watch. Radwimps music too hopefully?

On 4/9/2022 at 9:14 PM, North said:

Yep - new Shinkai. The poster screams it.

Can't wait - will be watching this in the cinemas like Weathering With You for sure. 

Shinkai movies are always gorgeous, and a fun watch. Radwimps music too hopefully?

Teaser's out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Watched Shigeki no Kyojin season 4 part 2, turns out there’s a 3rd final part :ranting:

then just read the manga till the end

It is their biggest cash cow currently. I expect they are dragging on as much as possible, and for as long as possible. The "Final Season" name itself is a trick to keep you hooked for years.

Anyway, for a lot of people, the ending is a huge disappointment. AFAIK, there is even a petition to make a different ending for the show.

59 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It is their biggest cash cow currently. I expect they are dragging on as much as possible, and for as long as possible. The "Final Season" name itself is a trick to keep you hooked for years.

Anyway, for a lot of people, the ending is a huge disappointment. AFAIK, there is even a petition to make a different ending for the show.

From what I'm reading on reddit, there's not enough material for another cour. They should have made a movie. They're really going to drag it. 

Honestly, Seaon 4 in total has been pretty disappointing for me. Outside of just 2 real hype moments, its been pretty meh. Not like Season 3 where every episode was a banger. 

Edited by dylanjosh

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

yeah, manga ending is really weird and boring 

Have you come across any alternative endings fan fictions etc?

Just got done with ReZero S2.

Not a fan of this season. The story feels so weird and convulted.

S1 was miles better. I'm starting to really dislike the characters. Having 2 of the main characters of S1 be absent for 99% of the season for what feels like completely arbitrary reasons (that are unresolved) was a terrible idea. I'm starting to also dislike the whole "MC is the center of the universe" thing. Also idk if it's me but the translation feels so off, like i couldn't properly understand what the characters were saying, like they were talking past each other. 

Edited by dylanjosh

On 2/13/2022 at 9:35 PM, dylanjosh said:

psycho stuff meaning? Psychological mind games stuff? I think Code Geass is like that. Haven't watched it myself tho. 

code geass one word farru

On 2/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Thinking of getting back to watching some anime

Any suggestions pls, for some pshyco stuff like death note

Have watched SAO, one piece, naruto, dbz ...the usual ones 

these names pop up most of d time

spy family --- comedy mast hai

parasite 

love is war kaguya sama

Kakegurui gambling 

Death Parade twsiter

Zankyou no Terror 

Boku dake ga Inai Machi- amazon prime

Yakusoku no Neverland ---- nice twist 

Welcome to the NHK

Mushishi

Monster top of d list

Neon Genesis Evangelion 3 movies on prime

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest me animu like steins gate? not for the time travel part but you know sci-fi, technology in general or something set in urban japan like how steins gate is set around akhihabara in Tokyo.

Since last posting here I've watched: 

86 Eight Six: Season 1 - Its an anime set in the future where racism seems to have taken over and they've designated non-white-hair people as non-humans and make them fight their wars in manually controlled drones. The anime is about a girl from the 'elite' side trying to fight the system however she can and the relationship she develops with her team of 'non-humans'. The cast is fantastic and all the characters and their relationships are beautifully written. One of the best things about the show is the crazy  elite-TV level shot composition.  The combat is just OK though.  I've heard Season 2 is even better so excited for that. Milize and Shin are very likeable protagonists. Milize EZ Best Girl. 

Dr Stone Season 2 Stone Wars - Pretty much continues Season 1. Though I enjoyed last season way more. Felt like there was incongruity between the subject matter and how kiddish the show is in general. I wish the show was more serious tbh and had more twists. "Senku sciences something and wins easily" is a theme that I was starting to get tired of. Lets see him lose and grow. There's not much character growth from his end. He's the same as Episode 1. 

Horimiya - Decided to dip into some romance since this was in Gigguks best anime of 2021 list. I'm not yet done but I'm really liking it so far. The cast of characters is great. The romantic moments make your heart jump and the heartbreaking moments make you feel incredibly bad for those involved. Will probably finish it by tonight.

Will slowly make my way through Gigguks list since he hasn't failed me so far. 

11 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Since last posting here I've watched: 

86 Eight Six: Season 1 - Its an anime set in the future where racism seems to have taken over and they've designated non-white-hair people as non-humans and make them fight their wars in manually controlled drones. The anime is about a girl from the 'elite' side trying to fight the system however she can and the relationship she develops with her team of 'non-humans'. The cast is fantastic and all the characters and their relationships are beautifully written. One of the best things about the show is the crazy  elite-TV level shot composition.  The combat is just OK though.  I've heard Season 2 is even better so excited for that. Milize and Shin are very likeable protagonists. Milize EZ Best Girl. 

Dr Stone Season 2 Stone Wars - Pretty much continues Season 1. Though I enjoyed last season way more. Felt like there was incongruity between the subject matter and how kiddish the show is in general. I wish the show was more serious tbh and had more twists. "Senku sciences something and wins easily" is a theme that I was starting to get tired of. Lets see him lose and grow. There's not much character growth from his end. He's the same as Episode 1. 

Horimiya - Decided to dip into some romance since this was in Gigguks best anime of 2021 list. I'm not yet done but I'm really liking it so far. The cast of characters is great. The romantic moments make your heart jump and the heartbreaking moments make you feel incredibly bad for those involved. Will probably finish it by tonight.

Will slowly make my way through Gigguks list since he hasn't failed me so far. 

Dude if you haven't already, watch this ASAP -

1134116.jpg

The concept is just crazy and the anime is amazing!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...