The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

On 7/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, roun90 said:

Anyone watched Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in theaters last week? It was such an awesome movie. I loved it!! Prequel to Jujutsu Kaisen and amazing action and characters - especially our favorite hax troll Gojo Sensei

JJK_Movie_16x9_Twitter_Post_V2.0.jpg

I went for it. Fun movie. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Cant wait for this man!

I am going through the manga now and everything is batshit crazy. It is similar to Jujutsu Kaisen in concept but the gore is dialed up to eleven. Denji is probably the stupidest horniest protagonist I have seen in a shonen manga. Kudos to Mappa for not censoring anything.

Anyone reading the One Punch Man manga? Recent chapters have been mind-blowing. You get goosebumps just reading it. Finally the Monster Association Arc (Which has been going on for almost 7 years now) is ending in just 1-2 chapters I guess. The last 2-3 chapters have some of the best action and comedy in all manga period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Waiting for the final episode of Classroom of the Elite to drop. 

Good second season, but it def has pacing issues - but the story itself has a good hook.

I want to jump ahead and blaze through - but its a light novel series not manga and its pretty chunky. I already have so much reading haha

11/11 Japanese release for Suzume no Tojimari - the new Makoto Shinkai film.

After Weathering with you - and recently Mugen Train/JJK 0 - I'm very confident we'll get to see this at the theatres.

Radwimps with the banger music as always.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:28 PM, North said:

11/11 Japanese release for Suzume no Tojimari - the new Makoto Shinkai film.

After Weathering with you - and recently Mugen Train/JJK 0 - I'm very confident we'll get to see this at the theatres.

Radwimps with the banger music as always.

We most likely will. Lot of Japanese stuff and anime stuff coming in theaters. Along with and after the ones you mentioned - We had Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, Fate Grand Order Movie, Shin Ultraman (Japanese Live Action Movie), and One Piece Film: Red is also releasing this week. Even Weathering With You - we had it released here some 1-2 months before US (Which surprised me a lot).

It's a really great time to be an Asian Media fan here in India.

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

We most likely will. Lot of Japanese stuff and anime stuff coming in theaters. Along with and after the ones you mentioned - We had Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, Fate Grand Order Movie, Shin Ultraman (Japanese Live Action Movie), and One Piece Film: Red is also releasing this week. Even Weathering With You - we had it released here some 1-2 months before US (Which surprised me a lot).

It's a really great time to be an Asian Media fan here in India.

Yep. Plus fantasy/scifi adaptations, more anime on our netflix catalogue, even shows airing weekly on Netflix and Muse Asia on youtube - to legally watch.

Plus now we also have Crunchyroll and Shonen Jump too. What a time to be alive.

Now I just need giant bookstores (like B&N in the states or Waterstones in the UK) - filled to the brim with scifi/fantasy books and affordable manga volumes.