TheCoCkyRussian

The Anime and Manga thread

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

I have 23 episodes of S4, subbed in Eng. :giggle:

Havent watched em yet, havent started MHA. 

Not sure what the forum rules are with regard to ........ (I hope you know what I mean)

so not sure if I should say it here. 

posting spoilers? Use the spoiler tag. 

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

so not sure if I should say it here. 

Better not. Understood what you mean. I've stopped doing all that because its such a hastle. Services like Netflix have taken the Steam approach and made things so smooth and convenient I would rather just wait for it to come on those services. 

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

posting spoilers? Use the spoiler tag. 

No not spoilers.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Better not. Understood what you mean. I've stopped doing all that because its such a hastle. Services like Netflix have taken the Steam approach and made things so smooth and convenient I would rather just wait for it to come on those services. 

Sure. Although its easy enough and no effort. IF you want to know how I did it, you can PM me.

That's why I didn't say anything, it might be against forum regulations anyway.

Any Kaguya-Sama fan here? Or am I the only weird one?

On 6/18/2020 at 7:08 AM, playstationdude said:

Any news on One punch man season 3? Hope we dont have to wait 4 years before the next season.

Hopefully next year but the wait is song long that I started reading the manga

Edited by Aloy
Misspelled

Fall anime is gonna be good. Over the past couple of years I always like the fall seasonal anime, hopefully we have a few strong entries.

A-1 will bring something good to the table as always :) 

Edited by Chirag2001

What I'm most excited for.

I know everybody's fed up of isekai and everything, but I'm a big fan of Sword Art Online, and this is almost the same thing so I'm pumped.

Also manga readers have said the manga is actually pretty solid.

15 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Does anybody here own any physical manga? Where did you and buy and stuff? 

Bought it a Delhi book fair. Could only find a few volumes of the manga.

Nodame Cantabille. Its a pretty good manga/anime. Saw it on Animax back in 2010/11.

FK /Amazon and a few good bookstores like Crosswords, Om book store, Teksons etc still carry manga.

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

Does anybody here own any physical manga? Where did you and buy and stuff? 

I have some naruto shippuden manga volume, got it from Landmark, most of these high end bookshops will keep afaik.

Just make sure the shop is also located in a posh area, because they won't stock japaneez comics if nobody is buying :P

btw normal manga is black and white and reads back to front :ko:

I have heard that full colorized compilation volumes exist, but never seen one irl.

I've never read manga or seen one irl. Ive seen people going to Japan and buying truckloads of manga though.

The book fair is where I used to buy a good amount of books. A good year would mean 3 trips to the book fair and 30-40 books to read through the rest of the year.

Now with amazon and kindle and stuff its less. Book stores don't even have popular fantasy or fiction books, manga would be a rare find. 

I bought the first two volumes of Akira from Amazon. They were my first manga purchases.

Was planning on buying a volume each month but then the lockdown happened. And now the prices of the remaining volumes have gone up :\

It's a fantastic series though and the artwork is incredibly detailed.

Do you want physical or digital? If you want "Physical" only, then in India - Amazon is your best bet. But right now would be a bad time to buy because prices have all gone up. I brought Gimmick! manga from Amazon (Was really good). Indian brick-and-mortar stores rarely carry mangas (Even Sri Lanka has mangas for pretty cheap and available commonly, but not India for some reason).

Digital mangas are available commonly from Amazon/Bookwalker etc. Do keep an eye out on Humble Bundle though- they offer manga bundles that can contain multiple complete series or even most ofthe series for pretty cheap. Although, for manga fans, most will probably go *ahem* route though.