The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

For once enjoyed a high school romance show, considering most of this genre is usually complete garbage.

Sadly, Season II delayed to Jan, 2021. This was gonna be THE anime for Fall this year. 

Edited by Chirag2001

On 6/17/2020 at 1:29 PM, Chirag2001 said:

Domestic Girlfriend's OP

Its soo good, unlike the anime.

This anime got a special edition bluray. And this is the most NSFW thing I've ever seen. Looking at the opening song, I'd never guess this was an echhi anime.

What the actual f**k is this thing 

NSFW. of course- 

Just now, Mysteryman said:

Wonder if they will continue the anime after this movie. A lot left in the manga.

A great manga overall. Too bad the final chapter left me a sour taste. Plenty of opportunity to serialize. 

I see. Haven't read the manga, or any manga for that matter. 

Even if the ending is bad, they could change it in the anime, or at least to the rest of it.

I suspect an announcement will soon follow. I'm not caught up though, currently watching summer anime, and previous year's seasonal anime.

https://thepurplebox.store/collections/manga

They have a sale on their manga collection.

They only have popular stuff - Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, Boku No Hero Academia, Black Clover, FMA Brotherhood, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, Maid Sama. 

Kind of want to get all 7 volumes of FMA Brotherhood in one go, but don't want to burn that much cash. But they have all the volumes for all of these, so do check it out.

Watched Classroom of the Elite.

Its a really good show, would recommend watching. Sort of has a Death Note vibe to it, smart protagonist using the system to his advantage.

A bit of unnecessary fan service, but a good 12 episodes.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:19 PM, Chirag2001 said:

Watched Classroom of the Elite.

Heard the light novels are really good. 

Now, I'm not one to read manga or novels, I only watch anime, but for once I'm intrigued.

Amazon had the physical light novels at some point, but only on kindle now. 

57 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Heard the light novels are really good. 

Now, I'm not one to read manga or novels, I only watch anime, but for once I'm intrigued.

Amazon had the physical light novels at some point, but only on kindle now. 

Light Novel depends on the Publisher. Yen Press used to have both Kindle Version and Physical version in India. Now all Yen Press LNs are physical (That too imported) (Other than Bookwalker which charges in US$ - Yen Press Digital is reserved for US). J Novel Club only does Digital versions, so all Kindle. Seven Seas Entertainment might publish physical versions of J Novel Club's LNs. Seven Seas Entertainment themselves have both digital versions and print versions etc. All print versions are imported here though, so you have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get it here.

Frankly, for LNs I like the digital versions - especially if they do Kindle versions. Many times they have regional pricing so you pay only 500 Rs per book instead of the 1000 Rs+ of the physical versions. Plus instant delivery. In addition to that - if you follow any LN Series - the amount of books they have - it will very quickly overwhelm your shelf. Kindle solves that problem. It's a bit sad that Yen Press does only physical imports in India and you have to depend on Bookwalker for Digital. They originally had digital options here with regional pricing. Now it's either 3rd party physical import with US Pricing and wait or Bookwalker US Pricing Digital.

Just now, roun90 said:

In addition to that - if you follow any LN Series - the amount of books they have - it will very quickly overwhelm your shelf. Kindle solves that problem. 

Yeah. I'm already out of shelf space, even regular novels and long fantasy series are on my kindle now. If Ikea would hurry up with a store in Delhi, I might be able to spend some money and get another bookshelf, though impractical as I already have 4. 

Wanna unhaul some books I don't read any more, and some of the books I read in middle school. Other than donating to my school library, don't see much of an option.

US and other countries have pretty decent resae value on books, plenty of stores buy and sell second hand books. I could make at least 10 grand by selling books I don't want anymore if that was an option. 

At the moment, I have never read any manga or LN, I only have the All-in-One edition of Death Note. Thats it.  

But when I see people with bigger manga or LN collections, it looks cool. But you're right, I'll go digital when I want to read something of the sort, too many books is becoming a problem. 

Also, for Classroom of the Elite, Seven Seas did have physical LN, it was sold on Amazon., but only kindle editions now.

I'm not into manga much, because of the comic style and all the artwork, but would like to give LNs a try. Best would be to get them on kindle via Amazon only then?

If I read manga, I'd get into the Book Walker thing but don't wanna bother. 

5 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Also, for Classroom of the Elite, Seven Seas did have physical LN, it was sold on Amazon., but only kindle editions now.

I'm not into manga much, because of the comic style and all the artwork, but would like to give LNs a try. Best would be to get them on kindle via Amazon only then?

If I read manga, I'd get into the Book Walker thing but don't wanna bother. 

Bookwalker sells both - Light Novels and Manga. It's dedicated to all Japanese Stuff, so it's best to just browse the store always, just to see what's releasing if nothing else. Kindle is best - because they offer purchase in Indian Rupees and in many cases offer Regional Pricing as well (Especially in J Novel Club Releases). If something is not available in Kindle - Bookwalker is sure to have it. They have the entire US store. You can buy it, only you have to pay in US$. If you have a free Paypal Account, it's very easy (That's how I buy). Both Kindle and Bookwalker are official stores and sell licenced original stuff.

In many cases, like with Yen Press LNs for example, Bookwalker is the only way to buy Digital in India. I used to buy from Amazon 3rd Party Sellers - Like Atlantic Distributors for example, despite the 2-3 week wait. But currently with Covid, I'm not sure how safe it is to import stuff, so generally stick to Bookwalker for stuff not there on Kindle. 

BTW, Bookwalker is very similar to Kindle. Both are free apps which you can download from your mobile. Both have stores attached to them. You can buy from their mobile store or from their website (For Bookwalker I generally buy from Website). And both have free apps available on the Google Play Store.

Edited by roun90

Yeah I am quite familiar with how BookWalker works. And I read regular novels on kindle too.

My concern was not about digital stuff. For digital LNs kindle is easy enough. I have not come across anything yet which isn't available on kindle. Again, I don't read manga so I don't need to go down the Book Walker rabbit hole. 

I check Book Walker whenver I'm interested in any new anime airing or, the light novel serialisation. 

I read all digital media on an iPad myself. Reading on a phone is just not pleasant.

But there is just something about a shelf of manga/LN, a complete set. Looks great lol

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah I am quite familiar with how BookWalker works. And I read regular novels on kindle too.

My concern was not about digital stuff. For digital LNs kindle is easy enough. I have not come across anything yet which isn't available on kindle. Again, I don't read manga so I don't need to go down the Book Walker rabbit hole. 

I check Book Walker whenver I'm interested in any new anime airing or, the light novel serialisation. 

I read all digital media on an iPad myself. Reading on a phone is just not pleasant.

But there is just something about a shelf of manga/LN, a complete set. Looks great lol

Well, if you're not a fan of Yen Press, then you're mostly covered with Kindle. Unfortunately, Yen Press has some of the best series out there (Some of which are my favorites and some extremely mainstream). LNs like Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Psycome, Saga of Tanya the Devil, Devil is a Part Timer, Overlord, DanMachi, A Certain Magical Index etc. and all game LNs like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Type 0 etc. are all not available on Kindle unfortunately. Yen Press used to be available on Kindle, but due to some reason (who knows why), they decided to remove their books from Amazon EU (which includes India as well) and only keep it on Amazon US - which will not sync if you have an Indian Kindle account. So Bookwalker is the one of the only choices out there (Other than physical)

13 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Well, if you're not a fan of Yen Press, then you're mostly covered with Kindle. Unfortunately, Yen Press has some of the best series out there (Some of which are my favorites and some extremely mainstream). LNs like Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Psycome, Saga of Tanya the Devil, Devil is a Part Timer, Overlord, DanMachi, A Certain Magical Index etc. and all game LNs like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Type 0 etc. are all not available on Kindle unfortunately. Yen Press used to be available on Kindle, but due to some reason (who knows why), they decided to remove their books from Amazon EU (which includes India as well) and only keep it on Amazon US - which will not sync if you have an Indian Kindle account. So Bookwalker is the one of the only choices out there (Other than physical)

Yeah I didn't know about that. If I had to get started with LNs, I'd probably go with mainstream stuff or stuff available on kindle for now.

Physical is really cool, but Amazon doesn't have them too many LNs at decent prices. Will clear out shelf space first.

Not into manga.

I'd say Sword Art Online is the one which is truly mainstream there haha, though I also really liked Devil is a Part Timer. 

Do you own a lot of LN digitally yourself? Any physical?

At least let me start man, we can get to more difficult to get LNs or game LNs later :P

Not gonna get anything right now, maybe next month. Thanks for all the help.

And yeah, I'm on an indian kindle account. The regional pricing on books is pretty good tbh. 

And sometimes I see random prices too.

Picked up the entire Farseer trilogy for less than 100 bucks each. Got Scythe for 70 bucks, its back upto 600 on kindle now. 

14 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah I didn't know about that. If I had to get started with LNs, I'd probably go with mainstream stuff or stuff available on kindle for now.

Physical is really cool, but Amazon doesn't have them too many LNs at decent prices. Will clear out shelf space first.

Not into manga.

I'd say Sword Art Online is the one which is truly mainstream there haha, though I also really liked Devil is a Part Timer. 

Do you own a lot of LN digitally yourself? Any physical?

At least let me start man, we can get to more difficult to get LNs or game LNs later :P

Not gonna get anything right now, maybe next month. Thanks for all the help.

I think I have a decent enough collection. Yes, I have both digital and physical. And I used to get physical from amazon as well (Before Covid Price Surge and Health risk, there used to be a pretty good collection on Amazon. Now, it's a mess - sad to think what the market was just 4 months ago vs now). And some of the the other series I mentioned are pretty mainstream as well (not to the extent of AoT or SaO, but mainstream in anime and LN communities)

14 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

And yeah, I'm on an indian kindle account. The regional pricing on books is pretty good tbh. 

And sometimes I see random prices too.

Picked up the entire Farseer trilogy for less than 100 bucks each. Got Scythe for 70 bucks, its back upto 600 on kindle now. 

Yup, hence why Indian Kindle is awesome. You get the best prices in almost all books out there. Even I'm using Indian version Kindle app only. It's a bit sad that Amazon does not allow multiple accounts in one device or all region purchases though. This is why Bookwalker etc. become necessary.