The Anime and Manga thread

TheCoCkyRussian

On 11/6/2021 at 1:14 PM, radicaldude said:

Where would I get shows like 

Rurouni kenshin, detective school q, ninku and the likes. 

*ahem* sites have them. Don't know any legal service that has them unfortunately. Great thing about *ahem* site, they preserve so many classics, that legal sites don't even bother with. Recently watched ex-Drivers (Old show that used to come on animax). Almost all shows are only reserved on *ahem* sites. One time those sites actually help in preservation.

3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

*ahem* sites have them. Don't know any legal service that has them unfortunately. Great thing about *ahem* site, they preserve so many classics, that legal sites don't even bother with. Recently watched ex-Drivers (Old show that used to come on animax). Almost all shows are only reserved on *ahem* sites. One time those sites actually help in preservation.

Second Best way of preserving digital property IMO.

Would I find shows like hungry hearts and ninku as well (translated). 

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Second Best way of preserving digital property IMO.

Would I find shows like hungry hearts and ninku as well (translated). 

*ahem* site which I'm looking at has both. Don't know if it's dub or sub yet (didn't check). Though Animax Dub will generally not be available (Animax did special English dubs only for India and rest of SE Asia like Singapore - these dubs were different than the English dubs US and EU got, with different VAs and all).

Generally *ahem* sites keep the US/EU English versions, so the Animax english version you saw in childhood is lost I'm afraid (Unless YT has some 1-2 minute dub comparison clips here and there)

Edited by roun90
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

*ahem* site which I'm looking at has both. Don't know if it's dub or sub yet (didn't check). Though Animax Dub will generally not be available (Animax did special English dubs only for India and rest of SE Asia like Singapore - these dubs were different than the English dubs US and EU got, with different VAs and all).

Generally *ahem* sites keep the US/EU English versions, so the Animax english version you saw in childhood is lost I'm afraid (Unless YT has some 1-2 minute dub comparison clips here and there)

Why don't these subscription services provide these old classic animes series I wonder. Some of these series would hit many modern anime series out of the park. 

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Why don't these subscription services provide these old classic animes series I wonder. Some of these series would hit many modern anime series out of the park. 

They do - provided it's a very huge name. That's why you have Cowboy bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist (Old One) etc. on Netflix. But many titles that Animax showed, were the more obscure ones. The anime you mentioned (Ninku, Hungry Hearts), along with others like Daigunder, Ex Driver, Detective School Q, Get Backers, Wolf's Rain, Flame of Recca etc. were obscure (despite being excellent). So you have to go to *ahem* sites for them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Defender487 said:

It's available on Amazon but expensive
Plus u need to know what u r buying
There are some copies as well

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I’ve seen the Amazon ones. Also aware of the specific grades the kits come in. Many of the Amazon options looked fake. That’s why I’m looking for sellers who stock it. Iirc there was a Gundam Galaxy in Bangalore but I think they shut shop. Looking for similar sources.

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

41 minutes ago, roun90 said:

They do - provided it's a very huge name. That's why you have Cowboy bebop, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist (Old One) etc. on Netflix. But many titles that Animax showed, were the more obscure ones. The anime you mentioned (Ninku, Hungry Hearts), along with others like Daigunder, Ex Driver, Detective School Q, Get Backers, Wolf's Rain, Flame of Recca etc. were obscure (despite being excellent). So you have to go to *ahem* sites for them.

Yeah. Jewels of animax. Rurouni kenshin as well. Plus fatal fury series. 

24 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yeah. Jewels of animax. Rurouni kenshin as well. Plus fatal fury series. 

Rurouni Kenshin is a huge name. Ideally it should have been streamed here as well. For some reason though, they are only streaming the live action here (Netflix) and not the anime proper (licensing issues perhaps)? 

Also don't forget shows lost and forgotten like Initial D, School Rumble, Fantastic Children, Gunslinger Girl, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Saber Marionette etc.

Animax was such a gem and had so many shows, that all other streaming services combined could not top it. I don't think I saw any other streaming service so open to broadcast all titles including the non-hit, small time, indie and experimental ones. Every time you opened that channel - you saw something new, that would blow your mind away.

Edited by roun90

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Rurouni Kenshin is a huge name. Ideally it should have been streamed here as well. For some reason though, they are only streaming the live action here (Netflix) and not the anime proper (licensing issues perhaps)? 

Also don't forget shows lost and forgotten like Initial D, School Rumble, Fantastic Children, Gunslinger Girl, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Saber Marionette etc.

Animax was such a gem and had so many shows, that all other streaming services combined could not top it. I don't think I saw any other streaming service so open to broadcast all titles including the non-hit, small time, indie and experimental ones. Every time you opened that channel - you saw something new, that would blow your mind away.

Damn I remember initial d. I'm still looking for the game that launched on the ps3. 

Another epic series was, Inu yasha. 

I’ve seen the Amazon ones. Also aware of the specific grades the kits come in. Many of the Amazon options looked fake. That’s why I’m looking for sellers who stock it. Iirc there was a Gundam Galaxy in Bangalore but I think they shut shop. Looking for similar sources.
Import the only option
Hlj .com they say its reliable shipping charges extra thru FedEx

Baki dekhlo japanese stationery may Hai kay nhi

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 2:25 PM, Defender487 said:

U r forgetting Hajime no ippo , shaman king monster yuyuhakusho
Slam dunk lupin black lagoon Evangelion clannad helsing ultimate
Bubblegum crisis Gurren lagaan ......

Legends... Once you've watched them, you don't get the same satisfaction anymore from the new animes

Edited by Adhita G.