Marvel Heroes

NitroNeo

• 3 weeks later...

Is this game gonna be like Marvel Ultimate alliance ?

Sort of. But it's closer to Diablo than MUA. The combat is more action RPG than brawler like MUA.

Normally I wouldn't have bothered with it but the comic book fan inside me can't resist.

meh F2P..All good stuff must be inside these DLCs.

US: $249.97 for 3 DLCs.

Marvel Heroes Avengers Assemble Pack

Marvel Heroes X-Force Pack

Marvel Heroes Knights Pack

From what I know characters and costumes can be unlocked by playing normally. These packs just unlock them instantly. The roster of freely available characters is quite decent.

Is this game gonna be like Marvel Ultimate alliance

The game played like Diablo, two primary attack asociated with left click and right click and other powers are with A,S,D, F key. Use Mouse click to move around and powers to unlock. There is no support for gamepad as of now. Graphics is good considering it is a top down action RPG game. You can play the solo, but some area need you to team up with friends , or you need to go back grind level up and come back. There is a crafting , you can create item, upgrade costume etc. You can play and complete the entire without paying dime. As a free player you will given option to select any one of the free heroes - Daredevil,Thing, Storm,Hawkeye andScarletwitch with one basic costume and a single generic stash besides your inventory. Both Stash ans Inventory is common. You can buy extra costume, new heroes,xp boost,damage boost potion, additional stash slot etc with G (in game currency which can be purchased using real money). All items can also found as loot drop which is very random. I am playing with cyclops for 4+ hours (may be more), and leveled him to 13 and got two hero drops - Daredevil and Thing ( I choose Hawkeye as I free hero when I start the game and purchased Cyclops as startup hero). Its a treat for any superhero and marvel fan.

Who's trolling? The game is pretty mediocre and even the current release version is pretty much a beta. The only reason anyone would play this is because they are a Marvel fan and it's free. Otherwise in terms of gameplay this game sits right at the very bottom of the ladder compared to all other ARPGs out right now.

Who's trolling? The game is pretty mediocre and even the current release version is pretty much a beta. The only reason anyone would play this is because they are a Marvel fan and it's free. Otherwise in terms of gameplay this game sits right at the very bottom of the ladder compared to all other ARPGs out right now.

the above video is not the final release, there is a massive patch released after the game launch. As of now I have only faced some sound glitch, other than its working fine for me. I like the story so far, till I reach the end game, I can't give the final verdict. Game will improve going forward, more heroes, features , content are coming. As its a F2P model, I guess its expected that way.

I agree with spin. I have pretty much the same impressions about the game. I'm a huge Marvel/comic book fan so I'm a little lenient and I'm kinda enjoying it. But yeah it's pretty much an open beta. The game has potential, the gameplay is a lot of fun and the characters and environments look cool. But it will take some time to get there. Technical issues nonwithstanding the f2p model really sucks. From what I know hero drops are extremely rare and characters and costumes are ridiculously overpriced. It makes little sense in dropping money on something you may not even like. They should at least have a "trial level" for each paid character.

Also (this might a be personal preference) but it's really weird seeing 10 Hawkeyes, 6 Storms and 4 Things fighting a single boss. It's really immersion breaking and goes against what they're trying to acheive with this game. That explains why DCUO didn't let you play as established characters.

I agree with spin. I have pretty much the same impressions about the game. I'm a huge Marvel/comic book fan so I'm a little lenient and I'm kinda enjoying it. But yeah it's pretty much an open beta. The game has potential, the gameplay is a lot of fun and the characters and environments look cool. But it will take some time to get there. Technical issues nonwithstanding the f2p model really sucks. From what I know hero drops are extremely rare and characters and costumes are ridiculously overpriced. It makes little sense in dropping money on something you may not even like. They should at least have a "trial level" for each paid character.

Also (this might a be personal preference) but it's really weird seeing 10 Hawkeyes, 6 Storms and 4 Things fighting a single boss. It's really immersion breaking and goes against what they're trying to acheive with this game. That explains why DCUO didn't let you play as established characters.

Gazillion have to add lot of stuff going forward, which I hope they have already decided and planned. As for pricing, they only charge for the heroes, costume and some other buff items ( you need to purchase G using real money and spend on the shop), content wise its all free. But lots of other F2P games stops players in content and lot of other bare necessary items, I suffered with DCU Online and Starwars KOTR- there is no way you can go to end game with out paying a dime in these games. Also before dropping your money you can enjoy the entire game with any of the free heroes which includes all types heroes - damage dealer/ranged (hawkeye), Brawler (thing), Area effect and controller (Storm and Scarlet Witch) etc.

10 hawkeyes in the same screen is somewhat dampen the mood, but not as deal breaker as you might think (again its a personal choice). If you have a good internet connection and have not tried the game, try it.

• 11 months later...

This game is going to be completed one year this month and a huge anniversary event is coming. People whoever tried the game during launch, there are lots has been changed, check the following write up from reddit -

New Starter Hero Lineup :
Now you get to pick one of these characters to start:
Captain America, Punisher, Black Panther, Storm, Colossus, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Human Torch, Luke Cage.

Short summary for everything, including some stuff already covered.
  • Limbo is gone, but might be back later after some reworking
  • Midtown- Leveling zone with random mob packs and mini-quests, Has boss waves and some times even Doops spawn all over the map. (Doop can now spawn as Cosmic Doop with increased powers and drops)
  • X-Defense and Holosim- Waves of increasingly difficult enemies meant for parties (Full for X, 2 for Holo). Can be queued for (a prompt will appear when entering the zone). Loot boxes added to certain waves and at the end for bonus rewards.
  • Terminals now come in Green/Red And Cosmic flavors. Tough enemies and great loot in cosmic for endgame ready characters. One-shot terminals are new and have a little more depth with sub-quests. (Like mini-story scenarios)
  • New cow level - Bovinehiem like Bovine Sector but for max level. Portals to both available from vendors now instead of a recipe. (Though very expensive for ES/Cube shards)
  • New Story Chapter - Asgard, completing it will give you a chest you can open every day for free loot.
  • Waypoints are global teleporters now, you no longer have to head to the physical terminals to enter a specific instance. Any waypoint grants you access to all unlocked waypoints/terminals/Xdef/Holo/PvP/Etc.
  • Stash access from crafters, Increased inventory size. Many things stack higher now.
  • Eternity Splinters- Heroes have stopped dropping but can now be bought with this new ingame currency. They will automatically drop if you haven't found some for a fairly short period of time. Big piles can drop if you're lucky, and some events grant them. (Completing Prologue and Doom for the first time will grant a large amount. Once per account) They can also be used to buy gear for your hero (helpful when gearing alts) or other useful items.
  • Team-up system, spend G or ES to unlock special heroes to help you fight (think followers in diablo). You can use them as a permanent follower, A cooldown with increased damage on their abilities, or entirely passive bonuses depending on your preference or playstyle. (They also have their own inventory you can store things in, shared globally between all characters/team-ups)
  • Legendary Quests- Unlock at level 20, hero specific, Go to a specific zone/terminal/X-defense/Midtown and kill X, Awards Odin Marks that can be spent on Blessings (Enchantments for artifacts) or Legendary Items (Items that level up and are super powerful). If you skipped the story waypoint (Or avoided the story all together thanks to these) the Legendary quest will grant you the waypoint needed.
  • Boss Specific loot- Every boss now has endgame drops in level 60 Red and Cosmic terminals.
  • Relics- Starting at level 20 you can find a plethora of different relics that grant a stacking stat bonus. If you're familiar with them already, they have also added new ones and buffed some old ones.
  • New crafting recipes for dealing with repeat Uniques, 3/4/5 duplicates of the same unique can be traded for a new random one, one for your hero, one for any-hero, or credits/runes.
  • Hero Stats have been reworked to scale infinitely, some bonuses have changed to make choices more interesting.
  • Costume Core rework- More stats roll on cores, LL has been reworked into a flat increase.
  • More artifact slots
  • Epic items buffed with more stats
  • Cosmic items are a new rarity below unique with a special bonus to all powers and an extra stat.
  • Rings added (up to cosmic) extra stats
  • Insignias added (up to epic) extra stats + party buff
  • Team-up Gear added (four slots, account wide/team-up hero specific, highest is green/blue)
  • Pets have an equip slot, you don't have to carry it around in your bags to summon it. Stash/Crafter access cards from the Gstore go in this slot now as well.
  • New vendor: Enchanter- Level up the enchanter to unlock Rune Words (Like blessings, enchantments that add stats to new Uru-Forged items that have their own slot). There are also recipes to use runes to add small stat bonuses to your normal slot 1-5 gear. (Split as 1/5 offensive, 2/3/4 defensive or utility). Some recipes can be found on the Weapon and Gear vendors after level 15 (fairly rarely, more commonly at higher ranks)
  • Uru-forged Items- Come in Energy/Mental/Physical/Melee/Ranged damage or defense. Level 25 and 50 versions of each, Most enchantments are less powerful when used on the level 25 versions.
  • Hero Synergy system- Leveling up your characters will unlock character specific benefits for all your other heroes to benefit from. One at level 25, and another at 50. In addition you will also gain bonus experience based on the level of your heroes (Tiers at 30/50/60) Default key is "v", you can have up to 10 different heroes powers active at once. More information about bonus experience scaling is available in-game when mousing over "synergy xp-bonus" on your character sheet, you can turn it off in the gameplay options if you wish to level with a friend. (So you don't out-pace them, or vice-versa)
  • Hero Prestige- Upon hitting level 60 you can now prestige, resetting your hero back to level 1 and granting you an extra default costume (Since your costume core might make your current one unwearable). It will grant access to a prestige specific pet (only usable on that hero) and a uniquely colored name based on your level of prestige when playing the hero. A sixth level of prestige was recently added that takes 25x longer to level for a Cosmic yellow name and pet.
  • Level 52 reworks, Most heroes now have a new Signature ability at level 30 and a significantly buffed ultimate. Other quality of life changes are usually made during the rework as well. A couple new ones every month.
Tons of weekly events, keep your eyes on the website/subreddit/hub4heroes.com to keep up on free loot codes and buffed drop rates.
Common tips:
-Level Cyclops for the 10% bonus experience synergy
-X-defense 1-20 and Legendary Quests 20-60 are the fastest way to level
-If you aren't sure which hero to buy next, you can download the test center and unlock/try them there first. Gs are entirely seperate (refreshed every so often when there are changes that need testing) and there are even special testing items in the Gstore to max out your characters level/gear to get a feel for their endgame potential. Also useful for testing builds without going through tons of retcon devices.

Some youtube channel revisit -

Archived