The Giveaway Thread

mittu

4 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

So they are going after people who will pay up easily because of their order volume.

Shouldn't that be other way around?

I have easily paid 700 for delivery so doesn't matter whether delivery is free or not I am still going to order. They should have gone after those who rarely order.

While buying it did show me a progress bar like we get on amazon during lightening sale it showed 70% claimed, I thought that was gimmick

14 minutes ago, Root said:

Shouldn't that be other way around?

I have easily paid 700 for delivery so doesn't matter whether delivery is free or not I am still going to order. They should have gone after those who rarely order.

While buying it did show me a progress bar like we get on amazon during lightening sale it showed 70% claimed, I thought that was gimmick

For people who order like once or twice a month, 700/year won't look like a deal but someone who orders like twice a week then it starts making sense and these people will jump in first.

That progress bar is just to create a sense of being left out.

I took the 3-month Pro Plus option for ₹100.

That sounded too good to be true. I order a lot and that ₹100 bucks can be recovered in a few days itself.

Also, it's truly free deliveries:

- No surge pricing.

- No delivery charges.

- No distance fee.

Kinda nice, for someone like me who orders a lot.

34 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

That sounded too good to be true. I order a lot and that ₹100 bucks can be recovered in a few days itself.

- No surge pricing.

- No delivery charges.

- No distance fee.

3 months for 100? That's actually awesome.

Edited by KunjanPSD

12 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

- No surge pricing.

- No delivery charges.

- No distance fee.

Oh that's a better deal than 12 months

19 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

It no longer shows me the 3 month giveaway codes.

Also they are launching Zomato Pro Plus for limited customers which provides free unlimited deliveries. Free for Zomato Black card holders.

I got one. Also received an invite for pro plus. it is only applicable for pro restaurants, right? In my city, only few restaurants are on pro.

16 hours ago, Root said:

I do order a lot, the moment I opened zomato I got a video playing Introducing Pro plus

Same here. Video popped up as soon as I opened Zomato. I order atleast thrice a week but majorly from non pro restaurants so not worth it for me.

33 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah. But it's only available to buy once. So, you can't stack the ₹100 subscription four times.

So, you either take the 12-month plan or the 3-month plan. That's it.

You can renew the 3 month plan after expire that way still cheaper.

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

I got one. Also received an invite for pro plus. it is only applicable for pro restaurants, right? In my city, only few restaurants are on pro.

Same here. Video popped up as soon as I opened Zomato. I order atleast thrice a week but majorly from non pro restaurants so not worth it for me.

No. Its applicable across all restaurants irrespective of pro or not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

100 because you are already a pro customer, yeah? For me, it shows 300. I will apply the pro code I got and see.

1 minute ago, Root said:

No. Its applicable across all restaurants irrespective of pro or not.

That's awesome. I will take the three months one I guess.

Did you guys all had "pro" before getting the pro plus invite? 

I do not have Pro currently and for me it says you are not on the invite list yet.
Yes i was on pro, thanks to the kind soul who gave away the code on this thread

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Sid1 said:

Did you guys all had "pro" before getting the pro plus invite? 

I was not on pro for months now. I asked for a code thinking you need to be on pro to get pro plus invite. But I got the invite before I applied the code. So they are looking only at the number of deliveries I think.

9 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Scrapped twitter, looks like it's only going to people who order 4+ times a week.

They probably have a life time value model for it.

4+ a week ? Lol. Such customers are already ordering despite high charges. Doesn't make business sense. 

They need to entice people who don't order much. Even if such people use the same order rate, they'll lose less money with them. 

OTOH, the prolific ones will order more with free delivery, so more commissions. 

f**k, launch it for all Zomato. You need those profits for next quarter reports.  :P

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

4+ a week ? Lol. Such customers are already ordering despite high charges. Doesn't make business sense. 

They need to entice people who don't order much. Even if such people use the same order rate, they'll lose less money with them. 

OTOH, the prolific ones will order more with free delivery, so more commissions. 

f**k, launch it for all Zomato. You need those profits for next quarter reports.  :P

Yeah, I order about once in a week or two weeks and mostly opt out of the places which charge surge fee or distance fee. We should be their target audience for such schemes to encourage us in ordering more from them.