**The Food Thread**

arjun

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I do know that most are fake, but that's okay.

The pure one will probably be 5 times expensive and still you won't be guaranteed to have the real deal.

Even the ghee, milk, eggs and chicken today etc are fake but most can not afford the organic variety and that's fine and might not be worth it too.

Also the refined normal oils used for daily cooking shouldn't be eaten but we all consume them.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Btw ordered this for normal cooking at 589 rs

Oleev Smart Oil, Fortified with VIT A, D, E and K Jar, 5000 ml https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07JX81YWK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_1W8oEbBCAYWFX

Doesn't make much difference, but I read somewhere it's good to switch oils.

Normally have been using : ricebran oil (saffola or fortune - whatever's on discount)

Or groundnut oil.

and mustard oil for specific stuff.

Edited by GunnerY2J

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know paneer could end up tasting just as good if not better than chicken.

One method can give you so many things.

And they all taste different as they absorb the marinade differently (gobi was also added later, no after pic : was finished too soon)717af70e6d3a5080dc93ead0d980e8c4.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I tried Patanjali seeing it is wheat and also mainly made of rice brain oil instead of palm oil.

Doesn't matter though, I put hardly one 10rs wala packet

along with full pan of veggies and protein (eggs/mushroom/chicken)

I hate every version of flavoured Ching's, the normal noodles of Ching's are fine.

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, so does Maggie.

It's all about the vegetables.

I beg to differ, if you try both without vegetables then Maggie wins even chings, top ramen, yippee also taste good without the veggies. Patanjali maggie is not great though and Veggies are like icing on the cake.

But then it depends on personal preference. 

37 minutes ago, Kirti said:

I beg to differ, if you try both without vegetables then Maggie wins even chings, top ramen, yippee also taste good without the veggies. Patanjali maggie is not great though and Veggies are like icing on the cake.

But then it depends on personal preference. 

Yes, Maggie (normal masala) solo is better than any flavoured noodles easily.

Ching's normal hakka noodles taste much better with Veggies and Maggie loses big time, i d say it's bad.

I tried Maggie sweet chili Bangkok noodles today with Veggies and it destroyed the whole thing.

Like yuck.

Most of the flavoured noodles are bad, Patanjali actually was fine with everything else and better than Maggie.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Ya'll need to try Nongshim Ramyun or any imported instant noodles for that matter..

Problem with Chings, Top Ramen and Maggi (trash) is that if you overcook it by a little. Its becomes mushy. They just taste bad.

Edited by Snake

9 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ya'll need to try Nongshim Ramyun or any imported instant noodles for that matter..

Problem with Chings, Top Ramen and Maggi (trash) is that if you overcook it by a little. Its becomes mushy. They just taste bad.

100 RS each for instant noodles ? not needed.

Better to eat something real and wholesome.

Edited by GunnerY2J

Since we are deep into discussing noodles, my personal preference is Yippy magic masala these days :bigyellowgrin:
During my school days I was a maggi fan, but then top ramen launched curry which became my instant favorite..
But then again during my college days I switched back to maggi as I noticed a decline in quality in top ramen.. Also I didn't want to eat noodles that much anymore..
May be 2 to 3 years back, while I was at my hometown, mom made me yippy with veggies and it was amazing which got me hooked onto noodles once again..
So at the moment, my preference list - yippy magic masala > maggi > top ramen > patanjali :P
I tried patanjali only once and regretted it instantly. It has no taste at all. But if you add enough veggies n stuff into it then it can be good..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

100 RS each for instant noodles ? not needed.

Better to eat something real and wholesome.

Then in that case even patanjali and maggi/top ramen is not needed.

Eat non processed food.

13 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Since we are deep into discussing noodles, my personal preference is Yippy magic masala these days :bigyellowgrin:
During my school days I was a maggi fan, but then top ramen launched curry which became my instant favorite..
But then again during my college days I switched back to maggi as I noticed a decline in quality in top ramen.. Also I didn't want to eat noodles that much anymore..
May be 2 to 3 years back, while I was at my hometown, mom made me yippy with veggies and it was amazing which got me hooked onto noodles once again..
So at the moment, my preference list - yippy magic masala > maggi > top ramen > patanjali :P
I tried patanjali only once and regretted it instantly. It has no taste at all. But if you add enough veggies n stuff into it then it can be good..

Never liked maggi...but yeah Top Ramen etc was very popular when I was in school. But when I got older I bought some important instant noodles. The following difference was staggering.

Eat a pack every few months or when there no food at home ( which is rare).

35 minutes ago, Snake said:

Never liked maggi...but yeah Top Ramen etc was very popular when I was in school. But when I got older I bought some important instant noodles. The following difference was staggering.

Eat a pack every few months or when there no food at home ( which is rare).

There's no food at my home every morning and sometimes at night.

Yes, even others like Maggie and stuff is not needed but they are like 10 RS and maybe once a week I add it,

Patanjali is not bad looking at the ingredients but yes i wish I knew and had the heart to make some healthier and wholesome options daily -mainly indian stuff.

It's summer time, would try to get and eat fruits daily.

Edited by GunnerY2J