**The Food Thread**

arjun

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Which city? F2H is showing out of stock in mumbai. 

Bangalore. Here they are only taking orders between 2:00 - 3:00 pm (seems to be a daily thing). Got it the very next day at 8:30 am. Delivery slot was 7:30 am to 10:30 am.  

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Recipe bro?

I watched many recipes on Youtube (from Sanjeev Kapoor, Jamie Oliver, and channels CookingShooking and Becca Beach) before doing a combination of them all. 

My recipe:

Ingredients:

Maida 400 g

Water 250 ml

Dry active yeast 7 g (1.5 tsp)

Sugar 20 g (1 tbsp)

Salt 5 g (½ tsp) or as per taste

Milk powder 20 g (1½ tbsp) 

Ghee (as I didn't have butter) 20 g (2 tbsp)

Oil (or ghee) for oiling 

Only the proportions of maida, water and yeast are essential. The rest you can adjust slightly as per preference. Milk powder is not necessary.

1. Dissolve sugar in water (slightly above room temp, but not hot) and stir in the yeast.

2. Keep in warm place for 5-10 minutes.

3. Water should have bubbled up or foamed up by now. If there are no bubbles, the yeast is dead and you cannot bake bread with it. Throw away that mixture and try with another packet of yeast in that case. 

4. Mix maida, salt and milk powder. Add in the yeast solution. Mix well.

5. Start kneading dough till it gets a smooth consistency. It should take 10-15 minutes. 

6. Mix in the butter and knead again back to same smooth consistency. Shape it into a round ball.

7. Apply oil to a bowl.  Coat the dough ball's surface and keep it in the bowl. Cover with wet cloth and place in warm damp place for an hour. (I kept in the fridge overnight in an airtight container.)

8. After an hour it should have doubled in size. 

9. Puncture the dough ball and knead it again. Cut into pieces, depending on how many loaves you want to bake. 

10. Shape each piece of dough into a round/rectangular/square ball depending on the shape of your baking bowl or tin. 

11. Oil up the baking bowl or tin and place the dough ball. 

12. Cover with wet cloth and place in warm place to rise for 45-60 minutes. 

13. Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. 

14. You can apply slight amount of butter/ghee/sugared milk on the dough surface before placing it in oven. 

15. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180°C.

16. Remove and place bread on a wire rack to cool, otherwise it will get soggy. 

If you are using convection setting, you may have to adjust the temperature or timing to prevent overbaking. 

19 hours ago, Banz said:

I watched many recipes on Youtube (from Sanjeev Kapoor, Jamie Oliver, and channels CookingShooking and Becca Beach) before doing a combination of them all. 

My recipe:

Ingredients:

Maida 400 g

Water 250 ml

Dry active yeast 7 g (1.5 tsp)

Sugar 20 g (1 tbsp)

Salt 5 g (½ tsp) or as per taste

Milk powder 20 g (1½ tbsp) 

Ghee (as I didn't have butter) 20 g (2 tbsp)

Oil (or ghee) for oiling 

Only the proportions of maida, water and yeast are essential. The rest you can adjust slightly as per preference. Milk powder is not necessary.

1. Dissolve sugar in water (slightly above room temp, but not hot) and stir in the yeast.

2. Keep in warm place for 5-10 minutes.

3. Water should have bubbled up or foamed up by now. If there are no bubbles, the yeast is dead and you cannot bake bread with it. Throw away that mixture and try with another packet of yeast in that case. 

4. Mix maida, salt and milk powder. Add in the yeast solution. Mix well.

5. Start kneading dough till it gets a smooth consistency. It should take 10-15 minutes. 

6. Mix in the butter and knead again back to same smooth consistency. Shape it into a round ball.

7. Apply oil to a bowl.  Coat the dough ball's surface and keep it in the bowl. Cover with wet cloth and place in warm damp place for an hour. (I kept in the fridge overnight in an airtight container.)

8. After an hour it should have doubled in size. 

9. Puncture the dough ball and knead it again. Cut into pieces, depending on how many loaves you want to bake. 

10. Shape each piece of dough into a round/rectangular/square ball depending on the shape of your baking bowl or tin. 

11. Oil up the baking bowl or tin and place the dough ball. 

12. Cover with wet cloth and place in warm place to rise for 45-60 minutes. 

13. Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. 

14. You can apply slight amount of butter/ghee/sugared milk on the dough surface before placing it in oven. 

15. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180°C.

16. Remove and place bread on a wire rack to cool, otherwise it will get soggy. 

If you are using convection setting, you may have to adjust the temperature or timing to prevent overbaking. 

Thanks man, I'll try this soon.

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

Not sure, this is the right thread or not or even is it allowed here. If not, please accept my apologies in advance.

I have a 1500/-INR barbeque nation voucher code. Let me know, if anyone is interested in purchasing it. The code will be valid till April 2021.

The voucher was purchased by my bro but now we dont plan to go. 

Prefered mode of payment: Google Pay

20 hours ago, Animus said:

Hey Guys,

Not sure, this is the right thread or not or even is it allowed here. If not, please accept my apologies in advance.

I have a 1500/-INR barbeque nation voucher code. Let me know, if anyone is interested in purchasing it. The code will be valid till April 2021.

The voucher was purchased by my bro but now we dont plan to go. 

Prefered mode of payment: Google Pay

Bbq nation has started home delivery and take away as well. Why don't you try that?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Engineer said:

Today's special home made spicy cow beef fry

coZga6O.jpg?1

A certain political party wants to know your location

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...