Dark Souls II

Shadoken

Within 9 hours I have reached shrine of Amana on ngplus.(while doing every boss except the two rats)

Died to only two bosses : once to ruin senitals and twice to old iron king.

Normal enemy have become tough but bosses easier, nashaandra curse could be an issue due to her curses.

Question : on Ng plus 2 if I consume every hard soul I have ,will the door to drangelic castle open immediately or at least after defeating one great soul ?

I have preserved most. ( Don't want to beat four great ones again especially old iron king and lost sinner path)

Edited by GunnerY2J

Just beat nashandra on ngplus and started to go for the only two trophies remaining.

One of them requires 30 sunlight medals,
Done 7 runs (24 enemies) in the starting area (only area available on PS3) with symbol of avarice and gold serpent ring plus 2 and got their Armor thrice and zero sunlight medals.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Do I need to be human or need nashandra alive or be on Ng plus 2 or is the drop rate really this messed up ? 
Seems it would take more time than the whole of Ng plus where I hardly skipped any boss fights. (13 hours)

6 boss fights done on co-op for sunlight medals.

There has been no better use of online gaming than co-op in dark souls.

Summoning a friendly phantom to your cursed lonely dark world or being summoned to another's to help each other with boss fights is the most satisfying feature of online gaming.

Chipping in together with hits or one distracting the boss, noticing each other's unique playstyle and build, bowing down at the start and waving back at victory : This is completely another warm dark souls.

PS Plus is worth for this, free on PS3 thankfully.

4th Soulsborne and Overall 18th Platinum - Dark Souls 2

Although a less complicated platinum from the lot, the first playthrough was the most lengthy and confusing taking majority of the time.
New game plus and plus 2, a very different experience from the first playthrough were surprisingly easy and extremely quick.

Dark souls 2 does have every bit of the Souls feel to it and more inspite of its shortcomings.841310e18ec442ccc20baae9fa6e0c3d.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

DS2 is my favorite in the series. 3 went more casual. 

Gameplay wise, I look forward to playing dark souls 2 the most as well.

1 and demon's are better in other regards.

Dark souls 3 is too reflexive and lacks the basic souls gameplay : circling bosses and patiently waiting to strike at the right moments while following a fixed pattern.

While 2 also better on 1 with smooth rolling in multiple directions and more boss fights.

Edited by GunnerY2J

2 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Gameplay wise, I look forward to playing dark souls 2 the most as well.

1 and demon's are better in other regards.

Dark souls 3 is too reflexive and lacks the basic souls gameplay : circling bosses and patiently waiting to strike at the right moments while following a fixed pattern.

While 2 also better on 1 with smooth rolling in multiple directions and more boss fights.

I started playing DS2 but the mechanic to cut health in half is too much. I have finished DS3 and Bloodborne earlier.

I am stuck at the Flame Lizard Cave and don't know where to go next, so I left it. I don't know whether to play it or not.

9 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I started playing DS2 but the mechanic to cut health in half is too much. I have finished DS3 and Bloodborne earlier.

I am stuck at the Flame Lizard Cave and don't know where to go next, so I left it. I don't know whether to play it or not.

It is bad at the start.

But once you level up vitality to a decent level, it doesn't even matter.

Also, flame lizard cave is just bait, you are not meant to beat them or go there, maybe it's just a shortcut or something but nothing progression wise.

Don't know where to go is common in both dark souls 2 and then dark souls 1 as well. It's advisable just to google where next.

And dark souls 2 has a better second half.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, GunnerY2J said:

The dlc has the best bosses in the entire series : fume knight, sir alonne, ivory king.

And the base game has some unique bosses and the highest number of bosses in any souls game.

DS2 DLCs somewhat saved the game to some extent, no doubt. But DS1 & 3 also have incredible dlcs.

DS1: Knight Artorias, Black Dragon Kalameet, Manus.

DS3: Sister Friede, Demon Prince, Darkeater Midir, Slave Knight Gael.

Difference lies in the base games, where DS2 bosses totally falls apart, imho. What's the use of the highest number of bosses when most of them are forgettable? DS1 & 3 have so many iconic bosses in the base game itself, even the ones which weren't all that hard in those games still had great atmosphere and presentation.

In DS2, the only boss from the base game that i can recall is Smelter Demon. And the Pursuer which was a good fight the first time around.

11 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

DS2 DLCs somewhat saved the game to some extent, no doubt. But DS1 & 3 also have incredible dlcs.

DS1: Knight Artorias, Black Dragon Kalameet, Manus.

DS3: Sister Friede, Demon Prince, Darkeater Midir, Slave Knight Gael.

Difference lies in the base games, where DS2 bosses totally falls apart, imho. What's the use of the highest number of bosses when most of them are forgettable? DS1 & 3 have so many iconic bosses in the base game itself, even the ones which weren't all that hard in those games still had great atmosphere and presentation.

In DS2, the only boss from the base game that i can recall is Smelter Demon. And the Pursuer which was a good fight the first time around.

Ds1 is the best game, yes

But the main reason I like dark souls 2 gameplay the most is that it improved on 1's base gameplay - better smoother rolling in more directions and is more souls like than 3, I found it a good hybrid between the two.

And dark souls 3 gameplay was not souls like, yes it has better more advanced gameplay and more reflexive but it is not souls like : there's no patiently circling bosses avoiding attacks waiting for the moment to strike and even choosing the time to heal.

Dark souls 2 even healing is tricky.

Dark souls 2 dlcs are the best.

Main game has weak boss fights and game is way less refined overall but still has some unique boss fights and still some good ones include :

executioner's chariot : unique 

lost sinner : unique and satisfying

looking glass knight you forgot, it is a very good fight and the arena is amazing.

Smelter demon and pursuer like you mentioned.

Ornstein was also good.

And also the various other weaker boss fights are also satisfying because they feel souls like and all have that circling patient element : less skill, more patience  and along with timely smooth dodges.

Dark souls 2 level design is also a hybrid and has that lost element more than 3.

Also just saying, 1 inspite of being the best souls game has plenty of bullshit bosses as well : bed of chaos, seath, ceaseless discharge, gwyndolyn, butterfly, pinwheel and nito : some are crap and some are nothing special.

Even Priscilla.

I don't look forward to replay any of these boss fights.

And in the dlc, only artorias was special, I don't look forward to replay manus and kalmeet either.

Edited by GunnerY2J

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Ds1 is the best game, yes

But the main reason I like dark souls 2 gameplay the most is that it improved on 1's base gameplay - better smoother rolling in more directions and is more souls like than 3, I found it a good hybrid between the two.

And dark souls 3 gameplay was not souls like, yes it has better more advanced gameplay and more reflexive but it is not souls like : there's no patiently circling bosses avoiding attacks waiting for the moment to strike and even choosing the time to heal.

Dark souls 2 even healing is tricky.

Dark souls 2 dlcs are the best.

Main game has weak boss fights and game is way less refined overall but still has some unique boss fights and still some good ones include :

executioner's chariot : unique 

looking glass knight you forgot, it is a very good fight and the arena is amazing.

Smelter demon and pursuer like you mentioned.

Ornstein was also good.

And also the various other weaker boss fights are also satisfying because they feel souls like and all have that circling patient element : less skill, more patience  and along with timely smooth dodges.

Dark souls 2 level design is also a hybrid and has that lost element more than 3.

DS2 ruined the healing, imho. Slow recharge of health bar after a flask use was crap. The gems made it all too easy, so had to resort to never use it, made the game too easy.

3 is not much different from 1 either. You can still do all those shield/circling as much as in 1. But now you could also be a lot more aggressive becuz they sped it up, if you so wished. DS3 released in a post-bloodborne world, and everyone wanted FROM to move on from DS1's slow combat, FROM did the best they could to find a perfect middle ground between DS1's slow/methodical combat and Bloodborne's aggressive combat.

executioner's chariot : unique. 

They are unique, true, had fun with some of them, but none of these fights left a lasting impression on me, once was done with the game.

Look at these just 8 of DS3's base game bosses, not just gimmicks, but actual incredible boss fights with great lore to boot.

Nameless King,

Pontiff Sulyvahn

Dancer of the Boreal Valley

Abyss Watchers

Dragonslayer Armour

Champion Gundyr

Lothric, Younger Prince

Soul of Cinder

Even the gimmick fights are cooler in 3, although really easy, like Wolnir, Yhorm the Giant, and Ancient Wyvern.

I get why you would like 2 better though, if you were specifically looking for slow combat like DS1, but weak bosses ruined the base version for me.

Edited by gamer_adi
ghv

12 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Also just saying, 1 inspite of being the best souls game has plenty of bullshit bosses as well : bed of chaos, seath, ceaseless discharge, gwyndolyn, butterfly, pinwheel and nito : some are crap and some are nothing special.

Even Priscilla.

I don't look forward to replay any of these boss fights.

And in the dlc, only artorias was special, I don't look forward to replay manus and kalmeet either.

Ya, bullshit bosses, but the highs of 1 is unmatched by 2, not even in the same league.

Kalameet, best dragon fight in Dark Souls trilogy, period.