Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

playstation

@WhiteWolf The security challenge worked like a charm man. I unlocked the FOB building last night and sat till 5:00AM farming the sh*t out of resources and staff. Basically, the serves are mostly filtering zero level FOB's in the security challenge and I just directly infiltrate and walk right into the end area with no resistance. This is way better than slogging endlessly for those material container and fultoning soldiers in Single player. I'm not sure if I'm ready to raid an FOB with my stats yet, but I'd sure like to try a high level one. From what I understand, time is of the essence and going full stealth will net you the maximum rewards. I just maxed out my GMP too and was developing all the projects like a madman. 

Did you purchase more than 1 FOB? The added staff count sure did help a lot in boosting the platform levels immensely. What do you reckon I do next? Try an infiltration? My weapons are in the 4-5 grade level.

I have 4 Fobs and all above level 60. 

2 Fobs I got for free by saving MB points via daily logins and rest I bought when MB points were on sale.

And attacking Fobs without any security is waste of time coz you get sh*t rewards compared to ones with security. Go and infiltrate proper player controlled Fob and earn high rewards. 

To boost Fob level you need to extract S or higher rank soldiers and also get more than 2 Fobs maxed out with 4 platforms if you want 7 rank items. 

9 and 10 rank items requires all 4 Fobs maxed out. 

Also make sure you lock S+ or higher soldiers under direct contract. Direct contract soldiers can't be killed or extract by invaders. Go to staff settings and see which soldier you want to lock. You can lock only select few. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

• 4 weeks later...

B*tch I 100% the game while the forum was down. :D 

Just 2 trophies away from my Platinum on this game. Got a nuke to spare? :P 

I did a few FOBs, but I suck at invading high level FOBs. So stick to small scale looting. 

8 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

B*tch I 100% the game while the forum was down. :D 

Just 2 trophies away from my Platinum on this game. Got a nuke to spare? :P 

I did a few FOBs, but I suck at invading high level FOBs. So stick to small scale looting. 

nice

Yeah stick to below level 50 FOBs. Good rewards along with decent challenge

Ethan_Hunt 

No Quiet in your party? 

This how Birthday Easter egg will look with Quiet. 

Also you need to get Max bond with her to trigger this. 

Follow this guide on to get Quiet back after Quiet Exit mission.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain/How_to_Get_Quiet_Back

Edited by WhiteWolf

That actually wasn't my video, but I have saved the recording on the console. I did get Quiet's part too; that was funny to be honest. 

At first, I was kind of shocked at what was happening when I reached the mother base and how they even manage to pull it off. Then I went online only to realize how our character creation at the start shaped this moment up. Hats off to the MGS Team for having this planted in the game.

On a side note, I also got invaded on my FOB while all this was going down. Tried to go into the defensive mode and it failed to connect. Got invaded by 2 players in the past 2 days and lost a good amount of resources. Thankfully, I saved up enough to fully beef up my 2nd FOB. Not even going to bother with building anymore FOB's as the resource requirements are atrocious. But it's fun to drop in every now and then to just run through some random mission and keep extracting those 'S' rank soldiers just for the kick of it.

I absolutely dig the Raiden costume and man that sprint boost, WOW! 

• 4 years later...

BUMP

Going through my backlog and have finally started this game. Would appreciate some tips as I'm finding it difficult.

I'm on the first mission after the world opens up. (After you go to mother base for first time). The supressor gets over really quick. There's barely any ammo in the tranq. If i knock out enemies they wake up pretty quickly.

Something I've not tried yet is killing enemies while grappling them. Probably should do that. And use box more. 

9 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

BUMP

Going through my backlog and have finally started this game. Would appreciate some tips as I'm finding it difficult.

I'm on the first mission after the world opens up. (After you go to mother base for first time). The supressor gets over really quick. There's barely any ammo in the tranq. If i knock out enemies they wake up pretty quickly.

Something I've not tried yet is killing enemies while grappling them. Probably should do that. And use box more. 

It's been way too long since I completed this game. What platform are you playing on? What's your preferred playstyle? Stealth or Rambo?

16 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

BUMP

Just wait till you get the fultons. The game will become way easier. If I recall correctly, I used just the upgraded tranq gun and fultons for the majority of the game. Oh and your buddies who you'll meet later in the game are incredibly useful too.

Edited by Kumar123
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

PC - Stealth 

In the beginning, you'll have very limited resources and stealth is truly the preferred tactic. These are the few things that really ended up helping me during my playthroughs:

- Always use your binoculars to scope out your target location. This is very important as it helps you tag the enemies permanently. 

- Grab the D-Dog in episode 4. He'll be useful buddy as a source of distraction.

- Deploy at night as you'll have more stealth cover and lesser chance of being detected. 

- If you're low on ammo, use CQC (melee takedown) to takeout the enemies quietly. 

- Focus on upgrading your equipment ASAP. Priorities should be your scope and Fulton ability. In weapons, since we're going stealth, WU S. Pistol. Once you have enough GMP, get an M200-D snipe and work your way up it's tree to unlock the non-lethal version. 

- Speaking of fulton, it's possibly the best tool you'll get early on. You'll need this combined with the scope upgrade that not only tags enemies but also shows their skill ranks which are in this order S++ > S+ > S > A++ > A+ > A > B > C > D > E. It's mostly RNG, so just be sure to scope out the base and grab the soldiers which have extremely high ranks in the area. This all adds to your motherbase's department improvement. You can manually assign each enemy per their respective ranking to their area of expertise or the game can do it for you.

- There is a side Ops to grab a Russian interpreter, do that one so that you can get some useful info out of the Russian soldiers you sneak up on and hold them up for intel. 

- Login daily to grab the online rewards. I'm not sure if it's daily or weekend thing, but it used to give some free resource or bonus GMP just for logging in.

- Look up for a video on farming resource on a mission called 'Occupation forces'. This will give you a good amount of resources early on. 

You'll just need to hold out till you unlock the FOB component of the game, I believe it unlocks at mission 22. That's when the real fun begins with the online component, which I highly recommend. It should allow for the easiest GMP and resource farm in the game. I did it very late I think, but it was worth it. We'll get to that once you reach that point, but for now just explore the areas, have a lot of patience and you'll be fine. 

• Like 1