Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

playstation

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Thank you. But whats Fulton? Is that the balloon that carries people away?

Correct, that's the one. You'll need to keep upgrading it to extract soldiers and later even heavy vehicles. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

This is turning out to be really repetitive and tedious. Thinking of uninstalling tbh 

Its as repetitive and tedious as you make it imo

6 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

This is turning out to be really repetitive and tedious. Thinking of uninstalling tbh 

it is and there is no payoff to the story. its not even sequel baiting but just incomplete. & few of the missions in chapter 2 are the exact same as the ones in chapter 1 with few modifiers. 

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

it is and there is no payoff to the story. its not even sequel baiting but just incomplete. & few of the missions in chapter 2 are the exact same as the ones in chapter 1 with few modifiers. 

Does the location change at least? I feel like there are 10 or so outposts and Im going to the same ones everytime. I'm actually enjoying the -actual- missions ie after helicopter lands and before you get into it back. 

Everything surrounding that is a complete drag though. 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Does the location change at least? I feel like there are 10 or so outposts and Im going to the same ones everytime. I'm actually enjoying the -actual- missions ie after helicopter lands and before you get into it back. 

there's a jungle map in africa and the 3rd one was cut from the final game. 

16 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I would still suggest to play through the end of the story where I am sure you are gonna stare at the screen for few seconds at the big twist and then facepalm(if the ending is not spoiled for you). 

There are few neat sequences in the end though. The one on the mother base plus the metal gear boss fight comes to mind. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

18 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

The gameplay loop is one of the best. If you are disappointed with the story, just keep playing.

11 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Africa baby! Play more side missions by the way. There are ways to skip certain repetitive cutscenes. You can upgrade the helicopter to get you to places faster. Did you know you could play all the different cassettes that you collect whenever you want? Even during missions? Have you met Quiet? Bet she would make the game less...boring for you. There are so many cool things man. Did you know you could meet Paz from Peace Walker/Ground Zeroes? I won't argue that the story is great but there are a lot of fun and cool missions and the gameplay is just top tier.