Science ,Technology and Knowledge Thread

playstation

41 minutes ago, pixeljunkie said:

My posts sound ultra-convoluted and juvenile because we are unaccustomed to discussing such topics. It is the risk that people like me take. And i respectfully referred to radical elements in the feminist movements as "Hardcore". It isn't a big deal or of great concern to you because you haven't been as unfortunate as people like me have. I, and others, will only have a place in India if you give us a forum to discuss this.

I think it's very pretentious to assume that people may not have similar experiences as you. Many may have but chose not to get stuck on them or use them as a crutch. Most people here are adults. it's not that we avoid uncomfortable topics, instead we have mostly moved beyond them. 

My experiences and view of the world make me what i am. If discussing my experiences and views risks alienation, then that's a chance i'll have to take. Otherwise i might as well leave India while i can. I'm desperate to find a place for myself in this country. You must understand that i have no choice but to invite hatred if i'm to reach out to you.

You're really taking this too seriously :rolleyes: You can discuss anything you want to anyone but they really don't happen on your terms. I get the feel that you're less interested in discussing your experience/view and more interested in forcing people to engage with it. You are using the words 'my experience' as both excuse and weapon. Re - read your post and see how obnoxious and baity they come across. They derail threads and their flow, like posting random korean song during discussion :P

On a sidenote, we could continue this discussion in a private message.

Nah man I'll pass. Mera quota ho gaya aaj ka

I iz fly away from this thread now B)

Many may have but chose not to get stuck on them or use them as a crutch

This! :D

I used to think the same thing! There are millions upon millions of people, both women and men, who are mentally strong enough to carry on with their lives.

But...

The thing is that it is a double-edged sword. It took me 30 years to realise that i was also at fault for not encouraging discussions. Women's empowerment and other movements won't succeed unless everyone gets involved; unless everyone voices their opinion; unless all combinations and permutations are exhausted.

27 minutes ago, CM Sunny said:

I get the feel that you're less interested in discussing your experience/view and more interested in forcing people to engage with it. You are using the words 'my experience' as both excuse and weapon. Re - read your post and see how obnoxious and baity they come across. They derail threads and their flow, like posting random korean song during discussion :P

We will never see eye-to-eye unless we exhaust each other to death discussing important issues. I don't have to take it personally when you call me out for being obnoxious, pretentious or baity. But if that is what it will take to get through to you then so be it.

This! [emoji3]

I used to think the same thing! There are millions upon millions of people, both women and men, who are mentally strong enough to carry on with their lives.

But...

The thing is that it is a double-edged sword. It took me 30 years to realise that i was also at fault for not encouraging discussions. Women's empowerment and other movements won't succeed unless everyone gets involved; unless everyone voices their opinion; unless all combinations and permutations are exhausted.

We will never see eye-to-eye unless we exhaust each other to death discussing important issues. I don't have to take it personally when you call me out for being obnoxious, pretentious or baity. But if that is what it will take to get through to you then so be it.

I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute in this discussion. Just wanna let you know that I really enjoy your.. posts.

I sincerely hope you ignore the haters and keep up the good fight.

Reports of depression among IT professionals exaggerated

After much thought, i have now realised that i was dead wrong about a impending crisis. I realise that i was literally losing sleep over nothing. I take back what i said earlier. The media should try to assuage fears concerning massive layoffs. We Indians are tougher than we realise. We will find a way to survive and ultimately succeed! :D

4 minutes ago, adity said:

How is it related to science or technology?

You're trying so hard to sabotage this thread

Ok. Would it make you happy if i did what Zodka would do and create a separate Indian Information Technology Industry thread that the mods might consider locking?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived