SCE Patents Depth Sensing Camera

Kinect currently cant detect wrist and finger movements ... I guess both the companies are pitching in real bad to win customers by using movement detection and all (Family folks buy all this stuff and then lock it in the closet :P)

It will be fun to see if Sony's controller free (NI) gaming technology is going to give some tough competition to Kinect's next version.

*hopes SCEA is planning to release this with PS4*

Err.. I meant something of this sort :bigyellowgrin:/>

h9991444_001.jpg

I have tried this in Kinect sports and adventures; never worked for me, my avatar would just ignore these moves.

Ignored by games does not mean it is undetectable. Although, there is a limitation for detection, because of crappy camera, but Kinect does detect. If games want, they can simply call a function to use those features.

He will come back again after few months. As he didn't revealed his secret yet. Why he let that girl die. :P

I dunno about the current story, but this man is saying the truth. No way he can leave CID like that. :P

Ignored by games does not mean it is undetectable. Although, there is a limitation for detection, because of crappy camera, but Kinect does detect. If games want, they can simply call a function to use those features.

I do agree NI APIs will be available for the same, I will checkout the skeleton image while tuning kinect and see if fingers come up in that

I still think it will be fun shooting with your thumb :P remember having a sour shoulder after playing Gunstringer (it was worth it though)

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

How much money did sony spent on this tech ??? It will be tiring for using our hand or any other body parts for such a long duration to play games, although it will be fun to use gestures for taunt. By the anyone heard about Leap Option,

Leap Motion is a startup developing advanced motion sensing technology for human–computer interaction. Originally inspired by frustration surrounding 3D modeling using a mouse and keyboard, Leap Motion asserts that molding virtual clay should be as easy as molding clay in the real world.

The Leap is a small USB peripheral designed to rest on a user's desk, facing upward, thereby creating a 3D interaction space of roughly 8 cubic feet. Inside this space, The Leap has been advertised (through video footage) to track hands and fingers as well as tools such as pens, pencils, and chopsticks with very high accuracy.

Leap Motion plans to distribute thousands of units for free to developers who are interested in creating applications for the device, followed by a consumer launch with a price of US$69.99

- imagine PC gaming start supporting this tech, and Valve bought it out and selling with their Steambox bellyemoticon.gif

Archived