Don't Starve

dylanjosh

489697046.jpg

Steam Link - gives you 2 copies. Gift one to a friend.

Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.

Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.

Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.

Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration:

No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.

Constant Updates:

Join an active community that is helping to shape the game for release! Provide feedback and joint discussions with the community and developers.

Dark and Whimsical Visuals:

2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.

Randomly Generated New Worlds:

Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.

dontstarve2.jpg

screencap03.png

TotatBiscuit preview:

Let's Play:

Friend gifted this to me.

It plays a bit like Minecraft or Terraria in the sense that you have to craft materials in the day and survive at night. You're not given any instructions (but you're given clues and hints) - just 'survive'. It's annoying at first, but I found it quite engaging after 2 or 3 tries. Definitely worth a try.

Unlike Minecraft or Terraria, the focus isn't on building - I don't think there even is building. It's about survival. And you need to keep eating so you don't starve (duh).

I think you can try the game for free at http://www.dontstarvegame.com/play.html

• 1 year later...

Explore - collect - craft - survive.

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAk5nLibEkcfqnuKzQfPlPf9BcpFCffGO

Day 1-3: Gather berries, carrots, twigs, logs, flint, grass. Carry no more than MAX amount of twigs, grass and logs. Always keep them MAX'd out.

Day 3-4: Carry on gathering but start looking out for the important biomes I mentioned.

Day 4-6: If you have found the important biomes set up main base. If not carry on searching and gathering. DON'T waste time and DON'T take longer to set up a main base by days 10-12.

Day 6-10: If main base is set, go to section "Surviving Summer."

Day 6-10: If main base is NOT set, carry on searching for those important biomes and gathering food. You should have at least found a pig village by now or beefalo herd.

Day 10+: Hound attack is going to come, go to section "Basic Tips #2" on how to deal with hound attacks.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172423035

This game is tough man, i survived 14 days at the most

died because of low health, didn't had any food to regain .. a bloody spider came out of nowhere bit me and i died.

There are three aspects to keep an eye on - Health, Brain and Liver (hell whatever that is, looks like it)

searching for materials is so time consuming and day span is very low

because of no instructions we don't know which food regains what

i didn't even know how to set a trap

World is kinda huge, many stuffs to craft and try, but difficult to survive.

i think I'll try again.

I stopped playing entirely. The game is too slow and losing everything is just too frustrating. Though I haven't played in a long long time - so I don't know what updates they added.

If you die too soon or frequently and try again, your new game spawns near a sacrifice tomb, to place a stone

whenever you die anywhere in the world you spawn again there on the tomb, but lose all your collectibles and equipments but your XP remains (just like a one extra life)

and provides more resources on your map.

:lol:

:giggle: You mean Hunger and Sanity? :scratchchin:

Well yes, doesn't matter what i say dude

game doesn't give us proper instructions or any instructions at all.

You on your own in this!!

played this today, damn addictive and the humour makes it all so much fun ! The protagonist's quotes about objects around him are priceless !

it's good but it gets on nerve when you die and lose all your collected resources,

if you've found touchstone but with resurrecting penalties or else , Game Over!!

Well yes, doesn't matter what i say dude

game doesn't give us proper instructions or any instructions at all.

You on your own in this!!

Welcome to rougelikes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived