The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

11 minutes ago, goDofWar_skr said:

Still haven't played the expansions yet :unsure:

You should. I found them better than the base game.

Hearts of Stone is so good. Blood and Wine is massive.

44 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

You should. I found them better than the base game.

Hearts of Stone is so good. Blood and Wine is massive.

Does the game just let you jump into the DLC if I dont have a savegame for the main quest?

On 5/19/2020 at 8:06 PM, Aftrunner said:

Does the game just let you jump into the DLC if I dont have a savegame for the main quest?

Nope its level gated. If you're on PC then you might be able to download a save

fake news

Edited by dylanjosh

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Goosebumps!! I loved this game so much! Great memories. My game of the decade most probably. 

Good to see you back and active. :cheers:

• Like 1

Yup. This game ruined SP gaming for me. Nothing ever came close to its epicness. Only truly enjoyed HZD and GOW ever since I finished this few yrs back.

Must have played this for 200hrs or so. Remember so much of this game, amazing. 

Btw I was playing the 1st DLC 2 yrs back. Planning to resume it soon and do the 2nd DLC as well. Have completely forgotten how the save files work or what the 1st DLC was about (think I finished just a mission) can I delete all saves and use that pre set 30 lvl character to do the DLc from scratch (ps4) or is it better if I use my base game character? Any decisions from main game matter in any of the dlc? 

15 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

can I delete all saves and use that pre set 30 lvl character to do the DLc from scratch (ps4) or is it better if I use my base game character? Any decisions from main game matter in any of the dlc? 

I just finished the base game and both the DLC's and I would strongly recommend you use your base game character instead f playing standalone DLC's. You'll get only 20k crowns and start with Lvl 30. You will need all 30k crowns just to upgrade the runewright in Hos. 

In  B&W you'll need a lot of ability points to unlock all the mutagen abilities, You'll also need 15-20k crowns to renoate your estate.

Grandmaster gear unlocks at lvl 40 and is insanely expensive to craft, they've also introduced dyes for Grandmaster witcher gear which you can either buy from merchants, find by exploring or craft after finding their diagrams.

Edited by Nischey007

15 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

Yup. This game ruined SP gaming for me. Nothing ever came close to its epicness. Only truly enjoyed HZD and GOW ever since I finished this few yrs back.

Must have played this for 200hrs or so. Remember so much of this game, amazing. 

on the same page, I've put in 184 hrs into this game and I still haven't explored enough.  Started spiderman few days back and just can't play more than an hour in one sitting, I keep losing intrest and going back to W3

48 minutes ago, Nischey007 said:

I just finished the base game and both the DLC's and I would strongly recommend you use your base game character instead f playing standalone DLC's. You'll get only 20k crowns and start with Lvl 30. You will need all 30k crowns just to upgrade the runewright in Hos. 

In  B&W you'll need a lot of ability points to unlock all the mutagen abilities, You'll also need 15-20k crowns to renoate your estate.

Grandmaster gear unlocks at lvl 40 and is insanely expensive to craft, they've also introduced dyes for Grandmaster witcher gear which you can either buy from merchants, find by exploring or craft after finding their diagrams.

My base game character is lvl36. Booted the game yesterday. Turns out that I had done just the first mission of HoS. So watched that on YouTube and now I am good to go with my base game character. 

Experiencing micro stutters when playing the game. My pc config is ryzen 1600, GTX 1050ti, 8 gb ram.

The stutters totally spoils the immersion. Did u guys experience anything similar? If so is there a fix that I should try ? Tuanks

20 hours ago, rAgHaV said:

My base game character is lvl36. Booted the game yesterday. Turns out that I had done just the first mission of HoS. So watched that on YouTube and now I am good to go with my base game character. 

Great ! get the manticore grandmaster armour when you reach lvl 40, and if for farming resources and making easy crowns, hit the hans bases. If you don't kill the leader they'll respawn again, easy 7-8k crowns in ne run

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Started blood and wine dlc and loving every second of it. Toussaint is BEAUTIFUL and has a very different vibe from the rest of the game, boss battles are very frequent, main and side quests are amazing as expected. Its exceptional what CDPR has achieved with the first open-world game they have created. Others are still trying to catch up to this even after 5 years. The best open world game I've ever played. I simply lose sense of time while playing this game :) 

This game just keeps on giving. Yesterday started with a quest to find an underwater lab, filled with portals, puzzles and environmental traps, had a decent backstory and rewards too...then to Warble of a knight smitten which went on for over an hour and felt clearly inspired from GameOT..even had a fight with a guy that looked like Mountain. Later YT'd it and there were half a dozen different possible endings for that quest...thought of ending my play session with a simple witcher contract but that went on and on with multiple layers. Between the base game, DLC1 and now DLC2..my total playtime has been 110+ hours and there is still no end to these amazing quests. Havnt been back to the main quest for over a week now. CDPR :majesty::majesty: