The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

• 2 months later...

Hi please suggest what I should do -

I have Witcher 3 GOTY edition with both DLCs on PS4 Pro.

I also have the base edition via Game Pass on XSX which I think runs the X1X edition which I believe performs better than PS4 Pro version.

If I buy both DLCs on Xbox, it's currently costing me round Rs. 750.

Are the DLCs worth it? If not, I can play on base game XSX without any dilemmas. If they are worth it, how should I go about getting the 2 DLCs on XSX?

Also, since I have the GOTY edition on the Pro and I plan to get PS5 3-4 years later, should I wait till that time to play it on PS5? Would CDPR enhance it for next gen? Would that enhancement be worth waiting?

Edited by 0verlord

Hello. Xbox has an unlocked frame rate in 'Performance mode' so I believe it hits the 60 frames mark on Series X and performs decently on One X (last time I played it). PS4 (and Pro) version is locked to 30. CDPR has promised free next generation upgrade, but not sure when that's due to arrive. 

The DLCs are absolutely worth it, irrespective of where you play it. The thing about Xbox is that it's on Game Pass and may move out of the library at any point, so you'll just be left with the DLCs if that happens and you don't manage to complete the base game (which is huge depending on how much time you spend). Not that it's a big issue though as the base game is dam cheap on the Xbox store. 

You can purchase the DLCs as add-ons from the Xbox store itself or get the GOTY edition as always. Performance is the key factor here that currently separates the PS4 and Xbox version. Try out both versions if you have it on both consoles and see which fits you best.

15 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Hi please suggest what I should do -

I have Witcher 3 GOTY edition with both DLCs on PS4 Pro.

I also have the base edition via Game Pass on XSX which I think runs the X1X edition which I believe performs better than PS4 Pro version.

If I buy both DLCs on Xbox, it's currently costing me round Rs. 750.

Are the DLCs worth it? If not, I can play on base game XSX without any dilemmas. If they are worth it, how should I go about getting the 2 DLCs on XSX?

Also, since I have the GOTY edition on the Pro and I plan to get PS5 3-4 years later, should I wait till that time to play it on PS5? Would CDPR enhance it for next gen? Would that enhancement be worth waiting?

Have you played Witcher 3 yet or is it the first time you're playing? If you're playing W3 for the first time - play it immediately and with both DLCs purchased. AFAIK for Witcher 3, PC was the best platform so I don't know what you'll experience on consoles or if CDPR will even release a next gen patch (Considering how much trouble they are having with Cyberpunk and the support they will have to give it, I would say Witcher 3 patch is very low priority on their minds.)

750 Rs for just DLCs is a steep price currently. The GOTY Edition itself goes for 300 Rs on sales in India. The DLCs are a must though. They have better stories and are more fun than the base game and in case of Blood and Wine has better graphics than the base game itself. At this point in time, for Witcher 3, I would suggest just play on PS4 Pro immediately. It's one of the best games there is and not to be missed. I don't know how much performance upgrade you are going to get in XSX and whether it's worth paying the extra 750 Rs. It's your call.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

https://thewitcher.com/en/news/32792/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation

I haven't played W3 at all and with this promised upgrade which I just found, I think I'll wait to play it on PS5 with upgrades as I already own GOTY on the Pro. I won't have to spend more money purchasing it twice.

Only downside is that I'll have to wait a long time and it might feel dated compared to latest games when I actually start it 3-4 years later.

Alternatively, if I do what AnK is doing, I can play the base game on XSX via Game Pass now and play DLCs on PS5 after enhanced version is released but the question there is - do we start with the DLCs afresh as in without gear or leveling up from the base game and if leveling up is required to play DLCs, is cross-platform save supported so that I can jump from XSX base game to DLCs on PS5?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AnK said:

Yes I know 

it was native 4k on OneX 

maybe there is option for unlocked framerate which is making 60fps on SX possible 

But still the promised next gen port will bring graphics enhancements not present on Pro or OneX like RT support & assets with improved textures 

I bought earlier GOTY digital game to play on the Pro during a sale. What to do!!!?? I'll be getting PS5 few years later. I'll have GOTY copies on both XSX and PS5 :ko: