The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

1 minute ago, adity said:

It's just 750 bucks bro

yes, my only concern is what platform to play on as my friend offered to give me his xbox GOTY disc to play on my XSX recently and I have already bought a GOTY digital copy on my PS4 Pro much earlier (I'll be getting PS5 few years later), both of which will get next gen upgrades. A 1st world kind of a problem :D

9 hours ago, AnK said:

That’s why it is on GamesPass to begin with

Bullshit. Gamepass base W3 by itself is more hours of W3 than most people can handle. I am absolutely nitpicking when I am worrying about DLCs - that's because both DLCs are quite reputed for being amazing. Have you even finished base W3?

16 hours ago, 0verlord said:

yes, my only concern is what platform to play on as my friend offered to give me his xbox GOTY disc to play on my XSX recently and I have already bought a GOTY digital copy on my PS4 Pro much earlier (I'll be getting PS5 few years later), both of which will get next gen upgrades. A 1st world kind of a problem :D

If you have a decent PC - Witcher 3 is must play over there. By decent PC, I mean if you have a GPU of say GTX 1070 or equivalent (1440p) or 970 equivalent (for 1080p). It's really amazing over there. Game is pretty much locked 60 fps with multiple settings not seen on any console. At Ultra, to this day, game is absolutely beautiful. Especially the 2nd DLC - Blood and Wine. There are multiple graphics settings that are not there on consoles - so they will not be there on SX version as well.

2nd best option would be Series X (One X BC). But going for this option - buy the DLCs, seriously. The story and especially the DLCs are the main draw of the game. In fact, the DLCs are even better than the main game. PS5 version (PS4 BC) would be equivalent.

3rd best is the current gen premium consoles (PS4 Pro/One X) One X will have an advantage here.

4th best (i.e. Worst) is the base consoles of this gen (PS4 Base/ One S)

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

They will be there once dedicated SX & PS5 ports are out in the future 

both are much more powerful than GTX series GPU

*If it comes out*

CDPR's house is on fire currently. They have pour water on the Cyberpunk flames first. They have no time to bother about a 5 year old game going on discount bins everywhere at this point. Nor have they announced that they are making a port of Witcher 3 anywhere.

As of right now, and for the foreseeable future - PC is the best for Witcher 3.

Edited by roun90

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I missed the 600 goty deal but the base game is available for 300. Is goty worth it and I should wait for the discount again or should I just get the base version?

Depends its a long a*s game and the dlc are super long too. I would get them only if you have time to play them, the quality of them is pretty good.

15 hours ago, kunjanp said:

I missed the 600 goty deal but the base game is available for 300. Is goty worth it and I should wait for the discount again or should I just get the base version?

Get the GOTY. Extra content is worth it.

Also higher chances that GOTY could get free upgrades for next gen. Who knows.

It's a looooooong game and make sure you play it at leisure with exploring the game outside main missions too. The best game I've ever played along with maybe MGS 3 ?

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the main story quest today, my 2nd play through, I finished this back in 2015 on GOG.com when it came out. Some improvements since then, finished this on Steam when I bought the GOTY edition.

One thing I noticed via steam achievements is that the final completion "finish the game on any difficulty" has been obtained by only 26.4% of players. Strange number.

I can't understand how people can miss out finishing this story when the final scene plays out is so fullfilling that i watch the credits roll and take in the music. Probably still the best story in the last 5 to 6 years in any RPG. Strange that most people don't play it to atleast complete the story.

Going to start the 2 DLC now, heard great things about them.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Some kind of Henry Cavill voice over will be great. Glad I never got to complete this game, next gen version will be awesome. 

Have you experienced the voice being used right now?!

Henry Cavill’s voice is no match,Infact he was trying too hard to mimic in TV series 

It’s perfect the way it is currently & even if they do give an option (which I doubt coz it’s dozens of hours of just voice over) 

Stick with the default voice actor for best experience 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, AnK said:

Have you experienced the voice being used right now?!

Henry Cavill’s voice is no match,Infact he was trying too hard to mimic in TV series 

It’s perfect the way it is currently & even if they do give an option (which I doubt coz it’s dozens of hours of just voice over) 

Stick with the default voice actor for best experience 

I have played 25% of the game and I agree that the current voice is much better than Cavill's, I was being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

I just hope there is an upgrade path for the base game owners (without any DLCs). It'll suck if the free upgrade is only for the GOTY edition owners (or someone who owns all DLCs separately).

That really shouldn't be the case. I mean that would be alienating a large audience who bought the game at launch and the purchased the DLCs individually. It would probably end up being like Borderlands 3 upgrade where the base game got the upgrade and was also applicable to all versions after it. 

28 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

That really shouldn't be the case. I mean that would be alienating a large audience who bought the game at launch and the purchased the DLCs individually. It would probably end up being like Borderlands 3 upgrade where the base game got the upgrade and was also applicable to all versions after it. 

• Haha 1